• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

exNavyOffRec

Wait, so if I only have Officer Appraisals is that okay?
He probably put employment references not available to use the officer appraisals, but if those officers haven't seen you work over a period of time then they really don't carry any weight.

Stefano2

SWO Applicant
He probably put employment references not available to use the officer appraisals, but if those officers haven't seen you work over a period of time then they really don't carry any weight.
Good to know!! I thought it was 3 LOR's or Appraisals. I didn't realize appraisals didn't count towards the 3 references required.

Stefano2

SWO Applicant
appraisals should only be used when a person is going for DCO (aka reserves), or they are AD.
All these acronyms will be the death of me. What's AD? Also while you're here how's the whole Pro-Rec system work? My recruiter didn't tell me appraisals weren't that useful, I hunted down 5 of them.....

exNavyOffRec

All these acronyms will be the death of me. What's AD? Also while you're here how's the whole Pro-Rec system work? My recruiter didn't tell me appraisals weren't that useful, I hunted down 5 of them.....
AD is active duty

It depends on the designator, besides the boards different designators look for different things, aviation is ASTB as it is a good indicator of success in flight school, then smaller designators will read motivational statements, and references from supervisors who can talk about your leadership and such, and still others will have in person interviews like CEC.

Most treat all applications they same, they aren't.

CCCC1234

LOR's and references are different, references are required, LOR's are not. In many cases the LOR's that people get are not worth anything.
So when my officer recruiter told me I didn't need LORs he wasnt just trying to screw me over? They really aren't necessary to submit my packet? I'm a civilian right now trying to dual process. It seemed like everything I saw done said LORs are a requirement for ocs so I'm a bit confused and wondering if my recruiter is lying to me. He just wanted 3 character references from friends, colleagues.
Also, what are officer appraisals ? Sorry, havent been in this process for that long, still some things I dont know

Officer recruiter is really hyping me up, telling me I have a great chance to get selected, it would be weird for him to do that if he's secretly planning to screw up my packet.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

So when my officer recruiter told me I didn't need LORs he wasnt just trying to screw me over? They really aren't necessary to submit my packet? I'm a civilian right now trying to dual process. It seemed like everything I saw done said LORs are a requirement for ocs so I'm a bit confused and wondering if my recruiter is lying to me. He just wanted 3 character references from friends, colleagues.
Also, what are officer appraisals ? Sorry, havent been in this process for that long, still some things I dont know

Officer recruiter is really hyping me up, telling me I have a great chance to get selected, it would be weird for him to do that if he's secretly planning to screw up my packet.
If you have a really good GPA and degree then you should have a great chance at selection.

Those character references are going to provide a good idea about you, hopefully it was people you have known for years and not the bartender you became friends with 2 weeks ago!

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Hey guys!

I just made a google sheet for this SWO board. Please feel free to fill it out, as it offers great insight into what the board decided to emphasize when results begin to release.

Thanks

GPA: 3.1
Major: Poly Sci
College Athlete
OAR: 45
Strong LOR's
No Waivers
I've submitted my package for the August SWO board. I am re-taking the OAR for my third and final time on July 12th.

NavyFanatic32

College Athlete
Strong LOR's
No Waivers
I've submitted my package for the August SWO board. I am re-taking the OAR for my third and final time on July 12th.
If you are applying to the August SWO Board and the deadline is July 6th. You won’t be able to retake the OAR July 12th since your package has been submitted. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I was told that you are not able to take the exam while an package is pending a board review. You would have to wait until after board results.

exNavyOffRec

College Athlete
Strong LOR's
No Waivers
If you are applying to the August SWO Board and the deadline is July 6th. You won’t be able to retake the OAR July 12th since your package has been submitted. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I was told that you are not able to take the exam while an package is pending a board review. You would have to wait until after board results.
Correct you cannot take the OAR again while you have an application pending for review.

ericrussell6

has anyone applied and not waited the full 6 months? Mr. Celestin told me I could apply again since I received a new eval and more college credits. He replied, "Applicant statement requesting reconsideration, stating improvements made to application." Does anyone have a template for this?

BillThaBoss

Thanks ericrussell6 for asking such a good question. I applied for April board and since then I had enrolled for a master degree. I wonder if I can update my application.