• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

houndofnines

OAR: 51
Education: Business Administration
GPA: 3.44
Prior Service: No
LOR: state representative, former employer

Last edited:

BillThaBoss

I hope I will get selected.

Sex: Male
OAR: 59
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 2.76
Prior Service: No
Waivers: none

SWO is the only choice. Glad to be through the process and get to know everyone here.

Last edited:
Anyone know when our files have to be submitted for this board? I’m still waiting on meps but everything else is completed. Just need to pass at meps.

BillThaBoss

Thank you, does meps need to be completed a certain amount of time before the deadline for applications. Or can it be whenever before the deadline. Not sure when I will get my appointment scheduled yet.
After your scheduled MEPs date, it took about a week for MEPs to send the result back to your OR. Then your OR will submit your package with MEPs result to the board.

exNavyOffRec

After your scheduled MEPs date, it took about a week for MEPs to send the result back to your OR. Then your OR will submit your package with MEPs result to the board.

Close, once MEPS sends results to the OR those results get sent to N3M who will give a PQ letter, then the OR can submit the application with the PQ letter.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Close, once MEPS sends results to the OR those results get sent to N3M who will give a PQ letter, then the OR can submit the application with the PQ letter.
I did MEPS in October 2020. I've already gotten my Pro-Rec, but my OR says he's still waiting on a PQ letter. Is that possible?

He also said I won't get my FINSEL until the PQ has come through. Is it possible to have Pro-Rec'd without having been PQ'd?

exNavyOffRec

I did MEPS in October 2020. I've already gotten my Pro-Rec, but my OR says he's still waiting on a PQ letter. Is that possible?

He also said I won't get my FINSEL until the PQ has come through. Is it possible to have Pro-Rec'd without having been PQ'd?
no, unless many people screwed up, and if you did MEPS in October and have no PQ letter than the ones that would have screwed up are your OR, the NRD processor, the NRC processor, and the PM, that is just too many levels of screwing up to be something that really happened.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
no, unless many people screwed up, and if you did MEPS in October and have no PQ letter than the ones that would have screwed up are your OR, the NRD processor, the NRC processor, and the PM, that is just too many levels of screwing up to be something that really happened.
I went back through my documentation. I did my MEPS on Oct 9, 2020. I confirmed receipt of my MEPS results with my (original) OR on Oct 15, 2020 and he confirmed having sent those documents to Navy Medical on that day. I'm skeptical that a PQ hasn't come out in almost 8 months.

I sent a text to my (new) OR with that information. Hopefully he looks deeper into the situation to see if a PQ has already been issued.

OAR: 45
Education: BA in Intelligence Studies
GPA: 3.5
Prior Service: Yes
Waivers: TIS, was eligible prior to most recent PA. Recruiter seems to think I can get a waiver.
LOR: 1 from O-8 (Surgeon General of the Navy),2 O-6, 1 O-5

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
All of a sudden, a PQ letter shows up for me when I complained about one not being issued after 8 months since MEPS. Curiously enough, it was dated 15 Oct 2020.

Now... Just waiting for the damn FINSEL.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
OAR: 45
Education: BA in Intelligence Studies
GPA: 3.5
Prior Service: Yes
Waivers: TIS, was eligible prior to most recent PA. Recruiter seems to think I can get a waiver.
LOR: 1 from O-8 (Surgeon General of the Navy),2 O-6, 1 O-5
O-8 LOR? I'm impressed.

You only going for SWO? Intelligence studies seems as if you'd be a good fit for IWC, as well.