• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

If you are applying to the August SWO Board and the deadline is July 6th. You won’t be able to retake the OAR July 12th since your package has been submitted. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I was told that you are not able to take the exam while an package is pending a board review. You would have to wait until after board results.
OSO’s are able to update an OAR score if it is higher. Even if the kit has already been submitted.

exNavyOffRec

OSO’s are able to update an OAR score if it is higher. Even if the kit has already been submitted.
To update NRC needs to kick the application back to the recruiter as it was approved by the NRD, so it needs to go through the approval process again, it isn't worth it when the OAR means really nothing.

To update NRC needs to kick the application back to the recruiter as it was approved by the NRD, so it needs to go through the approval process again, it isn't worth it when the OAR means really nothing.

Thanks for the info. I'm unfamiliar with that approval process and timeline. I try not to dig too deep and just do what Im told. This is based off what my recruiter said this morning "We can update if you score higher so its a win win." Either way im pretty excited about this board and potentially getting my ticket to the big dance (OCS). My OAR isnt the best but I think my extracurriculars and LOR's will hopefully boost my package. Goodluck to the other applicants.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info. I'm unfamiliar with that approval process and timeline. I try not to dig too deep and just do what Im told. This is based off what my recruiter said this morning "We can update if you score higher so its a win win." Either way im pretty excited about this board and potentially getting my ticket to the big dance (OCS). My OAR isnt the best but I think my extracurriculars and LOR's will hopefully boost my package. Goodluck to the other applicants.
No one really cares about OAR, they will look at your GPA and degree, a lot will be dependent on how many spots they have, the fewer spots the more in depth they could go. In regards to Supply/IWC/SWO I lost track of how many candidates I had accepted with low OAR but what they did have was good degrees and GPA's, some had good leadership in college as well, those were candidates that kind of bucked the trend of OAR correlating with GPA for recent college grads.

CCCC1234

Does anyone know how long it takes for final decisions to come out? And how long it would take to ship out if accepted?

OctoHh11

My recruiter said this board was the 1st for the FY. But when I looked online, it says the FY starts in Oct. He also said better chance of getting selected for this board because it was the first of the FY. Can anyone provide an explanation?

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Does anyone know how long it takes for final decisions to come out? And how long it would take to ship out if accepted?
I was on the 22FEB21 SWO board. Received my Pro-Rec on March 27. Received my ship date on June 24 (was previously just generic FY22). I ship to Newport for 17OCT21 class.

About 1 month for board results. 7 months from Pro-Rec received to ship date. You likely won’t wait that long as I had some ship date delays because of covid. Most covid time related issues have passed.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said this board was the 1st for the FY. But when I looked online, it says the FY starts in Oct. He also said better chance of getting selected for this board because it was the first of the FY. Can anyone provide an explanation?
I wish OR's know their job.

The governments FY begins Oct 1st, everything depends on commission date, a commissioning date after Oct 1 means a person was selected for an FY 22 spot, that means people taking FY 22 spots would start to go to OCS basically from July 1st on, that means that the boards would pick those people starting in March of 2021 however due to COVID some that were at board end of last year were put in FY 22.

This all means that your recruiter is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about, there is no advantage from one board to another.

OctoHh11

I wish OR's know their job.

The governments FY begins Oct 1st, everything depends on commission date, a commissioning date after Oct 1 means a person was selected for an FY 22 spot, that means people taking FY 22 spots would start to go to OCS basically from July 1st on, that means that the boards would pick those people starting in March of 2021 however due to COVID some that were at board end of last year were put in FY 22.

This all means that your recruiter is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about, there is no advantage from one board to another.

Thanks for the reply. He also the board knows you're dual processing (he said it's written somewhere on your forms) but I've seen elsewhere that the board has no idea unless you write it on your statement. Would you happen to know?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the reply. He also the board knows you're dual processing (he said it's written somewhere on your forms) but I've seen elsewhere that the board has no idea unless you write it on your statement. Would you happen to know?

Unless you put something in there they won't know, and except in a few very very rare cases no one should dual process, if you go enlisted it could delay the process to become an officer by years.

OctoHh11

Unless you put something in there they won't know, and except in a few very very rare cases no one should dual process, if you go enlisted it could delay the process to become an officer by years.

I'm ok with enlisting. But any thoughts to why my OR would say these things to me? He encouraged me to dual process when I was going to just enlist in the first place. Seems like it would be a waste of his time to do my packet if he planned to just lie and string me along the entire time? Is it the same for ORs and Enlisted recruiters? They need to fill certain quotas, so an OR needs to get people in as well?

exNavyOffRec

I'm ok with enlisting. But any thoughts to why my OR would say these things to me? He encouraged me to dual process when I was going to just enlist in the first place. Seems like it would be a waste of his time to do my packet if he planned to just lie and string me along the entire time? Is it the same for ORs and Enlisted recruiters? They need to fill certain quotas, so an OR needs to get people in as well?
What rank is your OR?

exNavyOffRec

LTJG. Why is rank important? Sorry if that sounds rude, genuinely wondering
Sometimes they have junior enlisted doing the work of an OR, but also a LTjg is unusual to see on recruiting duty.

The OR would need to submit a certain number of applications, but him pushing you enlisted is odd for an officer, maybe he doesn't think you have a high enough GPA?

Given the age restrictions you probably only have one shot for SWO.

OctoHh11

Sometimes they have junior enlisted doing the work of an OR, but also a LTjg is unusual to see on recruiting duty.

The OR would need to submit a certain number of applications, but him pushing you enlisted is odd for an officer, maybe he doesn't think you have a high enough GPA?

Given the age restrictions you probably only have one shot for SWO.
Well I know he was enlisted for a while, not sure how long, but he's been in the navy for a while.

So he needs to just submit a certain number to meet a quota? (not sure how it is for ORs). Doesn't matter if I get accepted or not, he still gets points because he submitted my packet?

I was the one who was going to enlist. He encouraged me to try for officer. Said he thought my stats were solid and that I had a great chance of getting accepted. I just keep hearing recruiters lie about a lot of things, so I'm a bit wary but not sure what else I can do than to just trust him