• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

My
O-8 LOR? I'm impressed.

You only going for SWO? Intelligence studies seems as if you'd be a good fit for IWC, as well.
I work for the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery so the Surgeon General is in our building. I completely turned around one of our programs here so was able to get the LOR from him.

My OAR is holding me back from Intel. Luckily, the OAR might be going away... at least for AD folks. It was one of the Taskforce One Navy recommendations. They found a lot of people who just aren’t good at taking tests that would be excellent leaders.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I work for the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery so the Surgeon General is in our building. I completely turned around one of our programs here so was able to get the LOR from him.

My OAR is holding me back from Intel. Luckily, the OAR might be going away... at least for AD folks. It was one of the Taskforce One Navy recommendations. They found a lot of people who just aren’t good at taking tests that would be excellent leaders.
Wish you the best of luck. How many times have you taken the OAR?

I
I went back through my documentation. I did my MEPS on Oct 9, 2020. I confirmed receipt of my MEPS results with my (original) OR on Oct 15, 2020 and he confirmed having sent those documents to Navy Medical on that day. I'm skeptical that a PQ hasn't come out in almost 8 months.

I sent a text to my (new) OR with that information. Hopefully he looks deeper into the situation to see if a PQ has already been issued.
I work in the department that deals with waivers at Navy Medicine. If you’re having issues let me know and I can check the status of your waiver. We generally don’t take longer than a week to provide a Rec unless there’s missing info or we need other info.

exNavyOffRec

My

The OAR is mostly used to limit those going to board, if you get rid of that they will find something else, in fact years ago the OAR was so low that it was unheard of for a person to not get a qualifying score, they also had a few designators that had no OAR min at all and they added it back to limit numbers.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I

I work in the department that deals with waivers at Navy Medicine. If you’re having issues let me know and I can check the status of your waiver. We generally don’t take longer than a week to provide a Rec unless there’s missing info or we need other info.
I’ve already got my Pro-Rec, but thanks for the offer!
Hold off on taking the OAR again. Apply and if you don’t get Pro-Rec’d, study your ass off and take it again. That’ll let you get around the 6 month wait period.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
imagine that.......
Yup... I’m a little annoyed with my new OR over that.

I’ve asked multiple times and multiple ways about whether or not reaching out to the NRD processor would fast-track me for a ship date or actually give me one. He’s adamant there’s nothing that can be done to speed up me getting a class date. About all he’s done is let his command know that I’d like to go ASAP. I’m thankful he’s done that, but how hard is it to reach out to the processor and say “Hey, this guy wants an August or September class date, is there anything we can do to make that happen?”...

Deegy15

Aviation Structural Mechanic - Safety Equipment

OAR going away for AD, sounds awesome! I cannot wait for that.

Cross73

Cross
Anyone had age waiver issues? That's all I need to submit to this board. MEPS is done. No issues at all. Been waiting for about 3 weeks now. OR said he hasn't seen anything on it yet. Do they typically take this long?

thebirdlawyer

Pro Rec Y Intel - OCS Sept. 5
Here's my stats, got pushed from the April board, good luck to everyone!
Intel(#1) SWO (#2)
Sex: Female
Education: B.A. in International Business (3 calculus courses), J.D. (Law Degree) GPA: 3.55
OAR: 58
Waivers: None.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Here's my stats, got pushed from the April board, good luck to everyone!
Intel(#1) SWO (#2)
Sex: Female
Education: B.A. in International Business (3 calculus courses), J.D. (Law Degree) GPA: 3.55
OAR: 58
Waivers: None.
You’ll get in on SWO for sure. I’m pretty confident in saying that. Compare your stats to mine. Similar degrees/background, same OAR, but you have a better GPA than I did.