• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

exNavyOffRec

Well I know he was enlisted for a while, not sure how long, but he's been in the navy for a while.

So he needs to just submit a certain number to meet a quota? (not sure how it is for ORs). Doesn't matter if I get accepted or not, he still gets points because he submitted my packet?

I was the one who was going to enlist. He encouraged me to try for officer. Said he thought my stats were solid and that I had a great chance of getting accepted. I just keep hearing recruiters lie about a lot of things, so I'm a bit wary but not sure what else I can do than to just trust him
That helps a bit, so it is possible he is a reservist who was enlisted then went DCO and applied to be activated for recruiting duty, or he was enlisted and went LDO, but it would be odd for a LTjg LDO to be on recruiting duty.

since with officers you can't guarantee a person to be picked up the only measure they have is application submitted, what are your stats?

OctoHh11

That helps a bit, so it is possible he is a reservist who was enlisted then went DCO and applied to be activated for recruiting duty, or he was enlisted and went LDO, but it would be odd for a LTjg LDO to be on recruiting duty.

since with officers you can't guarantee a person to be picked up the only measure they have is application submitted, what are your stats?

3.5 in International Relations.
56 OAR
I think I have a pretty good essay, my OR just wanted 3 character references.
26 YO
Female

My OR said I had a very good chance. Just some of the things he says sometimes doesn't match what I see online. I know I can't trust everything I see online either. But an OR only gets "points" if an applicant is accepted?

exNavyOffRec

3.5 in International Relations.
56 OAR
I think I have a pretty good essay, my OR just wanted 3 character references.
26 YO
Female

My OR said I had a very good chance. Just some of the things he says sometimes doesn't match what I see online. I know I can't trust everything I see online either. But an OR only gets "points" if an applicant is accepted?
not really, you do get recognized but it is more about submitting applications, the more applications you submit the better chance of having more people accepted.

you do have good stats, he shouldn't be talking to you about enlisting, not sure why he would.

OctoHh11

not really, you do get recognized but it is more about submitting applications, the more applications you submit the better chance of having more people accepted.

you do have good stats, he shouldn't be talking to you about enlisting, not sure why he would.
Thanks for the replies. He didn't really talk to me about enlisting. He was the one who encouraged me to dual process and try for OCS because I said I would enlist if I wasn't accepted.

I saw another user asked this a little while ago, but do you have any idea how long it takes to ship out after results come out? My OR said results would likely come out in Sept. Now that that situation with COVID is getting a bit better, do you think people would ship out quickly? Or is there a backlog so people will have to wait longer to leave?

Edit OAR to OR

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the replies. He didn't really talk to me about enlisting. He was the one who encouraged me to dual process and try for OCS because I said I would enlist if I wasn't accepted.

I saw another user asked this a little while ago, but do you have any idea how long it takes to ship out after results come out? My OR said results would likely come out in Sept. Now that that situation with COVID is getting a bit better, do you think people would ship out quickly? Or is there a backlog so people will have to wait longer to leave?

Edit OAR to OR
I would not recommend enlisting unless you are in a bind.

The situation changes constantly so the best you can do is look at previous board and see when those guys are leaving.

OctoHh11

I would not recommend enlisting unless you are in a bind.

The situation changes constantly so the best you can do is look at previous board and see when those guys are leaving.
Thanks for all your help. I hear a lot about enlisted, but at the end of the day I want to serve and I'm not getting any younger lol. I know I can apply as enlisted too if I don't make it this time around. I've heard there might be more hoops to go through, but it's not impossible so I guess I would retake OAR and try for a higher score. And then just keep trying until I can't anymore haha

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for all your help. I hear a lot about enlisted, but at the end of the day I want to serve and I'm not getting any younger lol. I know I can apply as enlisted too if I don't make it this time around. I've heard there might be more hoops to go through, but it's not impossible so I guess I would retake OAR and try for a higher score. And then just keep trying until I can't anymore haha
you are near the age limit, and it applies to enlisted too, so it is possible you would be over the age for many designators.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
[

26 is still pretty young. I was accepted into SWO at 32. Currently 33 and shipping to OCS in October.

You have good stats and have a good shot at being an officer.

CCCC1234

If I'm accepted for this board I know there could be the possibility that I wait several months to ship out to OCS. Would I be able to move while I wait to ship out? Maybe even abroad? What would I have to know before I pack up my stuff?

exNavyOffRec

[

26 is still pretty young. I was accepted into SWO at 32. Currently 33 and shipping to OCS in October.

You have good stats and have a good shot at being an officer.
The new PA dropped the age limit to commissioned by age 29 without a waiver, and age waivers can be tricky.
If I'm accepted for this board I know there could be the possibility that I wait several months to ship out to OCS. Would I be able to move while I wait to ship out? Maybe even abroad? What would I have to know before I pack up my stuff?
you can move, but if you move out of the US that becomes an administrative nightmare.

Sex: Male
OAR: 67
Education: Chemical Engineering
GPA: 2.89
Prior Service: No
Waivers: Medical
Submitted: Only SWO

Originally submitted for the Feb22 SWO board this year. Due to some administrative issues, my package didn't make it to that board. Waited for the April SWO board, which my package was ready for, but was rolled (likely due to a limit on how many people they saw for that board). Now hoping I get seen by this board!

Joedub85

Hey yall, I just found out my app got pushed through for this board yesterday, excited to talk with you all!

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Hey yall, I just found out my app got pushed through for this board yesterday, excited to talk with you all!

Awesome!

I have created an Excel sheet for us to place our statistics. Feel free to input your stats as it helps out present/future applicants.

Also, I just got my package submitted to the NRC today. Does anyone know if I should be fine for this August board, I.e. not rolled? I heard I should be fine as they have not sent recruiters an email that the board has reached its quota but wanted to be sure, thanks.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Awesome!

I have created an Excel sheet for us to place our statistics. Feel free to input your stats as it helps out present/future applicants.

Also, I just got my package submitted to the NRC today. Does anyone know if I should be fine for this August board, I.e. not rolled? I heard I should be fine as they have not sent recruiters an email that the board has reached its quota but wanted to be sure, thanks.
Did you sign it and give it to your OR today, or did he say the processor sent it to NRC today, there is a difference.

The often do not send an email saying they have reached a "quota", more often than not applicants find out when they are pushed to the next board.

OctoHh11

Did you sign it and give it to your OR today, or did he say the processor sent it to NRC today, there is a difference.

The often do not send an email saying they have reached a "quota", more often than not applicants find out when they are pushed to the next board.
I'm not sure if my packet was submitted yet. When are applicants notified if they were pushed to the next board?