• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

OctoHh11

I spoke to my OR today and he said he doesn't think I'll get rolled to the next board and to not worry about it. The way he said it made it seem like he knew something about the board, do ORs have information about who gets approved and who gets rolled? Hes been pretty helpful about everything so far

I spoke to my OR today and he said he doesn't think I'll get rolled to the next board and to not worry about it. The way he said it made it seem like he knew something about the board, do ORs have information about who gets approved and who gets rolled? Hes been pretty helpful about everything so far
I'm not sure if OR's know who gets rolled or not. My OR said she just has to keep checking on it. However the guy who administered my OAR exam told me the board looks for example, the first 50 stacks of applications. These can be people who were rolled from last board, priors, early applicants etc. So im thinking it just depends on how far down the list you are, but Im not sure.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure if OR's know who gets rolled or not. My OR said she just has to keep checking on it. However the guy who administered my OAR exam told me the board looks for example, the first 50 stacks of applications. These can be people who were rolled from last board, priors, early applicants etc. So im thinking it just depends on how far down the list you are, but Im not sure.
The list is compiled by NRC and sent to the board members in no specific order that matters to the board, when they would send via CD the pdf would arranged alphabetically, there is no board advantage to being the first person submitted for that board or the last one submitted for that board.

NRC reviews the applications as they come in, and IF they feel the need to cap the number of applications sent to the board the PM and the Director will make that call, in most cases it is based on when the application was screened "ready for board".

100water1

The list is compiled by NRC and sent to the board members in no specific order that matters to the board, when they would send via CD the pdf would arranged alphabetically, there is no board advantage to being the first person submitted for that board or the last one submitted for that board.

NRC reviews the applications as they come in, and IF they feel the need to cap the number of applications sent to the board the PM and the Director will make that call, in most cases it is based on when the application was screened "ready for board".

So it goes from OR to NRC to board?

When the applicant was screened "ready for board." Does that mean when the packet was submitted? So in some cases it matters who was submitted first?

exNavyOffRec

So it goes from OR to NRC to board?

When the applicant was screened "ready for board." Does that mean when the packet was submitted? So in some cases it matters who was submitted first?
It goes from OR to NRD/NTAG processor, to NRD/NTAG OPO/AOPS for signature, then back to NRD/NTAG processor for upload to NRC, NRC processor will review for accuracy, then to PM for final review, then it goes to board.

It is something like "board review/at board/etc......" In some cases it could, but you never really know.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Just texted my recruiter and he stated the last “At-Board” list released was July 1st (Pilot board). The trend looks to be that an “At-Board” list is released every 2-3 weeks, however, it’s almost 4 now so…

In hindsight (good news?), that most likely means this board allowed close to deadline packages to be seen and not rolled.

@exNavyOffRec, this sound about right? Im interpreting it as the sooner the board fills up (meets quota) the quicker the “At-Board” list is released?

Our excel sheet is awfully low in applicants too (past SWO excel sheets had 40+).

exNavyOffRec

Just texted my recruiter and he stated the last “At-Board” list released was July 1st (Pilot board). The trend looks to be that an “At-Board” list is released every 2-3 weeks, however, it’s almost 4 now so…

In hindsight (good news?), that most likely means this board allowed close to deadline packages to be seen and not rolled.

@exNavyOffRec, this sound about right? Im interpreting it as the sooner the board fills up (meets quota) the quicker the “At-Board” list is released?

Our excel sheet is awfully low in applicants too (past SWO excel sheets had 40+).
It is hard to tell when it comes to the at board list as they have been not the most accurate document, that is whey we never paid much attention to them, and in generally the processors would try to get all application processed to get to the next board.

CCCC1234

It is hard to tell when it comes to the at board list as they have been not the most accurate document, that is whey we never paid much attention to them, and in generally the processors would try to get all application processed to get to the next board.
What does that mean? Even if you're on the list you might not really " be" on the list?
Do you only find out whether you were really reviewed when the final results come out?