• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Any word on the selection rate they’re taking this board?

Not sure but the last boards were way lower than usual (~40% acceptance, an anomaly but also covid related).

Before those boards they were consistently around 60-70% (one did reach 90%, a good anomaly, lol). I’d expect to see the acceptance rate back to normal though this time around.

Also, I can’t find anyone with the “At-Board” list. If I may ask, how did your recruiter find it?

Not sure but the last boards were way lower than usual (~40% acceptance, an anomaly but also covid related).

Before those boards they were consistently around 60-70% (one did reach 90%, a good anomaly, lol). I’d expect to see the acceptance rate back to normal though this time around.

Also, I can’t find anyone with the “At-Board” list. If I may ask, how did your recruiter find it?
Yeah, I certainly hope it’s higher than recent boards. I’m not sure how she accessed it, I was just notified. That’s a question probably best suited for your recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, I certainly hope it’s higher than recent boards. I’m not sure how she accessed it, I was just notified. That’s a question probably best suited for your recruiter.
Historically SWO will average 50%, the issues of the past year or so have messed up a lot of things, and NRD's saying boards were cancelled had an effect as well. The percentage selected for each board has been known to vary wildly from as low as 25% up to 75%, many times the swings up high were due to boards over selecting which then caused more issues.

Ghost32123

WannabeSNA
Hi everyone. I was told my packet was submitted on Monday. I saw a few people on the april SWO board getting pushed to this one because some people from the Feb SWO board were rolled to April? How common is this? Do they look at applications like first come first serve? Obviously I don't want to be rolled to the next board but I want to mentally prepare myself in case it happens.
The poster above me said you'll know if your packet is getting reviewed about 2 weeks before Aug 16? So nothing I can do until then huh?
My packet actually was rolled to the August board. I haven't heard any other news back yet unfortunately.

PLCfam

Hi. My OR tends to give very vague answers so I figured I'd ask here.

The board meets on Aug 16 yes? About when could we expect final results? First week of Sept?

When might ship dates be? Is it too optimistic to expect a ship date before the end of this year?

Also, would firefighter certifications help at all for a SWO career?

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
I wouldn’t think that is too far fetched for individuals selected here to ship later this year. I’ve seen some quick send-offs, spots opened up or waivers got them off quickly.

I’m just hoping for the “At-Board” list to be out this week. Has anyone heard anything yet on their status or know of when it will release?

Hi. My OR tends to give very vague answers so I figured I'd ask here.

The board meets on Aug 16 yes? About when could we expect final results? First week of Sept?

When might ship dates be? Is it too optimistic to expect a ship date before the end of this year?

Also, would firefighter certifications help at all for a SWO career?
The board convenes August 16th. My OR said it can take 6-7 weeks for final results of the board. When I first spoke to my OR, she said ship dates will probably be in the winter time maybe even next year if spots don’t open up

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
The board convenes August 16th. My OR said it can take 6-7 weeks for final results of the board. When I first spoke to my OR, she said ship dates will probably be in the winter time maybe even next year if spots don’t open up

@exNavyOffRec, can you confirm if you have ever seen a board take 6-7 weeks?? I have only seen past boards take between 2-4 weeks and that (6-7 weeks) seems way too long of a wait.

Winter time, January-March, seems about right for shipping dates, for most. I do also expect some to find ship dates later this year too though.

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec, can you confirm if you have ever seen a board take 6-7 weeks?? I have only seen past boards take between 2-4 weeks and that (6-7 weeks) seems way too long of a wait.

Winter time, January-March, seems about right for shipping dates, for most. I do also expect some to find ship dates later this year too though.
That does seem a bit much, I would go with about 4 weeks and see how that plays out.

Winter time, January-March, seems about right for shipping dates, for most. I do also expect some to find ship dates later this year too

Thanks for the info. I’m sure there’s a thread for this which might be easier, but how is OCS broken down? What to expect for PT, academics, evaluations, A school/ stationing process, etc. Anything to pass along for the thread

IT1Rah

My OR said the same thing.
It took 9 weeks to hear that I was not selected for Intel back in December 2020. Then my SWO board package was rolled from April to August. With COVID, it looks like everything slowed down a bit.