• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

IT1Rah

I know I'm a little late to the chat, but I will be joining several of you at this August SWO board. Good luck to y'all.

OAR: 52
Education: BA in Military History
GPA: 3.3
Prior Service: Yes, 10 total (8 USMC, 2 USNR)
Waivers: Age waiver

gdubs21

Has anyone heard from their OR about an “at-board” list today? Do any AD people have access to one?

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Just texted my recruiter and nothing has been uploaded for us yet… I asked him if the board was still convening and he said they have NOT informed him of any changes so there is that!

@exNavyOffRec, this normal to be within a week with no “At-Board” list posted?

CCCC1234

Just texted my recruiter and nothing has been uploaded for us yet… I asked him if the board was still convening and he said they have NOT informed him of any changes so there is that!

I spoke to my recruiter too, and he said there's "no list" but that I "should be good to go for the board and that my packet would be looked at for this board." Not sure what that means or how he knows. Anyone know if ORs can see who's been approved to be at the board?

exNavyOffRec

That is one of the things they get to when they can, and you know that it is never 100% accurate

exNavyOffRec

I spoke to my recruiter too, and he said there's "no list" but that I "should be good to go for the board and that my packet would be looked at for this board." Not sure what that means or how he knows. Anyone know if ORs can see who's been approved to be at the board?
There is a status that will say something like "at board", it is basically a status that you are put in once the PM's give the thumbs up, but it doesn't give a board date so your OR is making an educated guess.

Cross73

Cross
I know I'm a little late to the chat, but I will be joining several of you at this August SWO board. Good luck to y'all.

OAR: 52
Education: BA in Military History
GPA: 3.3
Prior Service: Yes, 10 total (8 USMC, 2 USNR)
Waivers: Age waiver
How long did it take to get your age waiver approved?

Cross73

Cross
It didn't take long at all. It took about a day to type up the letter then about three days to get my CO to sign the letter. Then it gets routed and added to my officer package. I would check out
https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Career/OCM/TAB A - PA 100 (SWO) March 2021 (N13 signed).pdf
Section 5 discusses how to submit waivers.
Thank you. I submitted with an exception to policy that was approved as long as the waiver was signed by the 16th. I submitted the waiver back in April and it was finally signed today. Apparently it was signed on June 25th but got lost on its way back to the region. OR says I'm good for this board. But damn the stress these past few weeks lol.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you. I submitted with an exception to policy that was approved as long as the waiver was signed by the 16th. I submitted the waiver back in April and it was finally signed today. Apparently it was signed on June 25th but got lost on its way back to the region. OR says I'm good for this board. But damn the stress these past few weeks lol.
In nearly all cases a waiver will get approved for the applicant to go to board, for whatever reason they tend to let the board itself be the bearer of bad news on those types of things.

Cross73

Cross
In nearly all cases a waiver will get approved for the applicant to go to board, for whatever reason they tend to let the board itself be the bearer of bad news on those types of things.
From what I've read, that seems to be the case. Which is why I was so confused as to why it has taken over 3 months to get it back. I didn't need one until the most recent PA change. So here's to hoping my other stats outweigh the need for an age waiver.