• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Did you sign it and give it to your OR today, or did he say the processor sent it to NRC today, there is a difference.

The often do not send an email saying they have reached a "quota", more often than not applicants find out when they are pushed to the next board.

I got in contact with my processor and he said “it’s submitted” (recruiter is on vacation but he submitted to the processor last week). I did make changes yesterday with my processor but I assume this still means NRC got it.

Is there another step after my processor submits it to his command, that I’m not aware of?

exNavyOffRec

I got in contact with my processor and he said “it’s submitted” (recruiter is on vacation but he submitted to the processor last week). I did make changes yesterday with my processor but I assume this still means NRC got it.

Is there another step after my processor submits it to his command, that I’m not aware of?
Nope, you should be good.

100water1

Hi everyone. I was told my packet was submitted on Monday. I saw a few people on the april SWO board getting pushed to this one because some people from the Feb SWO board were rolled to April? How common is this? Do they look at applications like first come first serve? Obviously I don't want to be rolled to the next board but I want to mentally prepare myself in case it happens.
The poster above me said you'll know if your packet is getting reviewed about 2 weeks before Aug 16? So nothing I can do until then huh?

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Well... the deadline is officially behind us and now we bunker in for the long-haul. Good luck, everyone!

Anyone have an idea of how many applicants are usually viewed for SWO around this time, as well as, how many Pro-Rec-Ys (range?) they have to offer? I saw the 2020 August board was 550+ applicants (~50% acceptance) but, then again, I have seen the board review <200?

@100water1, I am hoping they accept all those who were submitted this week too, as mine was submitted Wednesday/Thursday.

I found this on Airwarriors:

Don't forget to fill out the excel sheet too!

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Well... the deadline is officially behind us and now we bunker in for the long-haul. Good luck, everyone!

Anyone have an idea of how many applicants are usually viewed for SWO around this time, as well as, how many Pro-Rec-Ys (range?) they have to offer? I saw the 2020 August board was 550+ applicants (~50% acceptance) but, then again, I have seen the board review <200?

@100water1, I am hoping they accept all those who were submitted this week too, as mine was submitted Wednesday/Thursday.

I found this on Airwarriors:
View attachment 31533

Don't forget to fill out the excel sheet too!

What helps out the high selection rate is when some OR's start hearing rumors that the board isn't happening and they hold applications, bad for their candidates, good for the others candidates who don't listen to rumors!

Do they look at applications like first come first serve? Obviously I don't want to be rolled to the next board but I want to mentally prepare myself in case it happens.
The poster above me said you'll know if your packet is getting reviewed about 2 weeks before Aug 16? So nothing I can do until then huh?

My recruiter told me after I was rolled in April that there "isn't any rhyme or reason" to how they chose who to see and who to roll, but I wouldn't take that as Gospel since that's just one personal account. Specifically, I was told that from my district there were 3 SWO packages ready for April and only 1 was seen, but my OR didn't know why the 1 was chosen over the other 2.

But yeah, once you have everything together and submitted, it's effectively out of your hands. Some posters have suggested that I should have gotten a new OR since I've had a couple delays, but that's more of a last resort if things are really not progressing or you have good reason to think your OR isn't doing what they should be.

Ultimately, since you can't control the timing behind the scenes, I wouldn't obsess over it (easier said than done, I know). And hopefully the covid delays are starting to work their way out of the process. That was the main reason so many people were rolled from April (from what I understand)

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter told me after I was rolled in April that there "isn't any rhyme or reason" to how they chose who to see and who to roll, but I wouldn't take that as Gospel since that's just one personal account. Specifically, I was told that from my district there were 3 SWO packages ready for April and only 1 was seen, but my OR didn't know why the 1 was chosen over the other 2.

But yeah, once you have everything together and submitted, it's effectively out of your hands. Some posters have suggested that I should have gotten a new OR since I've had a couple delays, but that's more of a last resort if things are really not progressing or you have good reason to think your OR isn't doing what they should be.

Ultimately, since you can't control the timing behind the scenes, I wouldn't obsess over it (easier said than done, I know). And hopefully the covid delays are starting to work their way out of the process. That was the main reason so many people were rolled from April (from what I understand)
It could be something you and your recruiter were not aware of, 3 applications are submitted to NRC, the NRC processor finds an error and kicks 2 back, the NRD processor fixes the errors and sends back to NRC, NRC clears it but now it is down in the stack of those waiting for a board.

Wanted to put in my 2 cents for whatever it’s worth and I’d like to hear yalls story. For the other applicants - let’s never give up the good fight. I’ve been working at becoming an officer in [previously] in the Marines and Navy for two years now. Ive sacrificed careers, financial gain, social outings, etc. for this calling and wouldn’t change a thing. There was a 3 month period between my OAR test dates which resulted in long nights of studying and anxiety not knowing if this would work. How bad do you want it? Now having submitted my package, personal accountability and hard work goes a long way. Whether you get a Y or N, let’s always continue the fight to make goals a reality.

Last edited: