• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

100water1

NO, if you are working with an OR you are not to call NRC, that is a way to start a shitstorm of calls from NRC down to your OR depending on who you reach at NRC, I have seen it several times where an applicant called NRC and the person they reached then told the director of OCS accessions that the applicant called which then results in the Director call the NRD CO, the NRD CO, calling Ops/AOPS, who then calls the OACR, who then ask the OR why his candidate is calling NRC.
Thank you for saving us from this. I was really set to call them in the morning. Although it would be nice to know what's happening with this SWO board.
But if I call and don;t give my personal information, they wouldn't be able to call my OR right? Or is it that they wouldn't give me any answers if I don't tell them who I'm working with?

100water1

Awesome! I’ll call them too then, ?. I would say the most important questions are:

1a. Is there an “At-Board” list out for the Aug 16th SWO board and, if so, how can we get our hands on it (civi vs AD abilities)? Maybe they didn’t update their files?

1b. If there is not an “At-Board” list, what is the reason for its exclusion?

2. Is everything up and running with their (NRC) systems… is this board on track to convene on the 16th?

3. Expected timeframe for the official results to be released and what shipping dates they would fall under (I.e. late winter/spring/etc.)

4. How many applicants did they take in and what date did they cut acceptance to this board/start to roll people (just in case we can’t get the “At-Board” list from them).

Anything else you all think we should ask?
This is a great list though. But after what @exNavyOffRec said I guess we're back to the waiting game again. I'm going to call my OR again tomorrow, I haven't spoken to him in a little while and he might have some updates

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for saving us from this. I was really set to call them in the morning. Although it would be nice to know what's happening with this SWO board.
But if I call and don;t give my personal information, they wouldn't be able to call my OR right? Or is it that they wouldn't give me any answers if I don't tell them who I'm working with?
The number the AD call is to the NRC processor, they just know if the applicants are pushed to board, they don't know about start date or end date, only what is published, they know it ends when they get the list from the board.

The OR is the same way the only info will come from NRC when they decide to send it, at board list didn't used to be sent out, they have no obligation to send them out.

The number the AD call is to the NRC processor, they just know if the applicants are pushed to board, they don't know about start date or end date, only what is published, they know it ends when they get the list from the board.

The OR is the same way the only info will come from NRC when they decide to send it, at board list didn't used to be sent out, they have no obligation to send them out.
Thank you for the updates sir @exNavyOffRec

gdubs21

Called my OR this morning. My application was updated to show "at Pro-board for SWO FY22" which my recruiter inferred was for Monday. She has no information that indicates the board will be canceled or postponed. She had not seen an "at-board" list.

I have been in the dark as to when my package would be reviewed (submitted everything in early May). I'm glad to finally have some information. She said that there were still 413 SWO OCS spots to be filled for FY22, and the average selection per board for SWO FY22 has been 138 selections. Infer the selection rate from those numbers if you wish. I am not AD, and this is my first time applying to OCS, so I don't know how those numbers stack up historically. I'm just an information sponge, so correct me if this sounds incorrect.

I also asked if having SWO as my #2 would impact my competitiveness, from her answer it seems it does not, which was good to hear. Apologies for the verbosity of the post. Good luck to all and let's get those push-up numbers and plank times up. Let the waiting game begin, I will distract my mind by picking up more shifts at my job haha.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Ok, great, do we know how many applicants have applied so far to each SWO FY22 board? That way we could truly see the average acceptance rate.

I assume our status is the same then too: “On a Pro Board” (was mine)

Other info: I believe the SWO board takes an entire week to review these packages, however, I’m hoping it’s a fairly short turnaround time because the SNA/SNFO board just got back their results 8 days after their board adjourned!

Last edited:

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
If you look at averages for wait-times from previous boards, 8 days would be an outlier. Also, wait-times across different designator boards don't correlate.

Hey,

When would you expect these results to be released? Most likely around the early-mid September timeline, month after?

I really want an early 2022 ship date to OCS.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hey,

When would you expect these results to be released? Most likely around the early-mid September timeline, month after?

I really want an early 2022 ship date to OCS.
I haven't kept up with the last couple boards and release times but I'd slap 4-6 weeks on just about any board and if you get results earlier than that it's a nice surprise. If you get results that take that amount of time you've mentally prepped for the wait.

Ship dates are largely out of your control, but I think that's a fair window to expect early 2022, maybe late 2021.

I haven't kept up with the last couple boards and release times but I'd slap 4-6 weeks on just about any board and if you get results earlier than that it's a nice surprise. If you get results that take that amount of time you've mentally prepped for the wait.

Ship dates are largely out of your control, but I think that's a fair window to expect early 2022, maybe late 2021.
With that 4-6 week time frame, I’m assuming there is enough time to prepare for the next board deadline (not sure when that is). Is it possible to apply to consecutive boards in case of non-selection? SWO is my only choice.

gdubs21

Ok, great, do we know how many applicants have applied so far to each SWO FY22 board? That way we could truly see the average acceptance rate.

I assume our status is the same then too: “On a Pro Board” (was mine)

I don’t know how many applicants they’ve had so far. And yeah my OR said the same thing about my status.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
With that 4-6 week time frame, I’m assuming there is enough time to prepare for the next board deadline (not sure when that is). Is it possible to apply to consecutive boards in case of non-selection? SWO is my only choice.

Their regulations require applicants who receive Pro-Rec-N to wait 6 months (I.e. skip 1 board) or if they have a substantial change, like a GPA change or a OAR change, can reapply immediately.