• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Hey,

So I received an update on my status which now displays “on the Pro Board”, however, it is unclear if it’s for this board or the next (we are hoping this one)?

To the people here who have been told by their ORs they will be seen. Did you receive a similar status “classification/update”? If not, what did it state?

In addition, no “At-Board” list has been posted but one is still expected.

villo0692

Hey,

So I received an update on my status which now displays “on the Pro Board”, however, it is unclear if it’s for this board or the next (we are hoping this one)?

To the people here who have been told by their ORs they will be seen. Did you receive a similar status “classification/update”? If not, what did it state?

In addition, no “At-Board” list has been posted but one is still expected.
yes

IT1Rah

Off topic but did they change sit ups to plank for PRT qualification?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Back in March 2021 the forearm plank replaced the curl-up section of the PRT. The new PRT order is max push-ups, forearm plank, cardio, with no less than 5 minutes in between each event but no more than 15 minutes. You should be aiming for a plank time of 2:30 for Good Medium (both male and female). I strongly advise that you start training for it because it is a different set of muscles that some people have neglected.
Here is the official instruction:

villo0692

jokes aside, a couple weeks before I was seen by both the SWO and Pilot/NFO boards, my recruiter texted me telling me my status in their system showed as "At Pro-Board" or something like that. I was seen and selected in both boards, but then again I wasn't sure if I was going to be seen before I saw the At-Board List.

Also yes, planks are a thing now, I got my pre OCS PRT on Friday. Hate planks, especially after pushups, but the standard is still seems quite easy....but yes specificity is king, work on your planks

OctoHh11

So if there still isn't a list, does that mean we find out whether or not we're on this board when the final results come out? It's almost the weekend, seems like if a list still wasn't published it probably won't be published by Monday?

So if there still isn't a list, does that mean we find out whether or not we're on this board when the final results come out? It's almost the weekend, seems like if a list still wasn't published it probably won't be published by Monday?
Maybe talk to NRC. They usually help. Just so you know and can make a contingency plan. Did you submit everything by the deadline?

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Has anyone contacted their OR about their PRIDE status? If not, try and see if you have something updated on your file.

I have a feeling we are NOT going to get an “At-Board” list released this time around. I have no idea what’s going on but it does not seem likely.

Personal opinion: The events of this buildup to the board have been weird (I.e. low ‘excel’ applicant number/No “At-Board”/Limited NRC info/etc.).

Question: @exNavyOffRec, does the Navy give OCS a certain number of slots that they “must fill” or is it “can fill” requirement? In addition to that, say we have a small field of total applicants, will that mean a higher acceptance rate? Thanks

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone contacted their OR about their PRIDE status? If not, try and see if you have something updated on your file.

I have a feeling we are NOT going to get an “At-Board” list released this time around. I have no idea what’s going on but it does not seem likely.

Personal opinion: The events of this buildup to the board have been weird (I.e. low ‘excel’ applicant number/No “At-Board”/Limited NRC info/etc.).

Question: @exNavyOffRec, does the Navy give OCS a certain number of slots that they “must fill” or is it “can fill” requirement? In addition to that, say we have a small field of total applicants, will that mean a higher acceptance rate? Thanks
NRC will do everything they can to hit the goal, some designators like CWE have missed goal instead of taking lesser quality applicants.

On the board they will have an "up to" number, they can either hit that number or go below it if they don't like enough people, so fewer applicants may or may not result in a higher selection rate.

100water1

My OR said I'm good to go for this board but hasn't said anything about a list. It is weird though and I'm wondering if something is going to happen to this board. Did yours say anything specific about your status?

My OR said I'm good to go for this board but hasn't said anything about a list. It is weird though and I'm wondering if something is going to happen to this board. Did yours say anything specific about your status?
That’s what my OR said as well. We would’ve probably just got rolled if the board wasn’t happening right? I’ll give NRC a call Monday but I’m thinking we’ll be good to go

Last edited:

100water1

That’s what my OR said as well. We would’ve probably just got rolled if the board wasn’t happening right? I’ll give NRC a call Monday but I’m thinking/hoping we should be good to go
I didn't know you could call the NRC lol. Have you spoken to them before? If someone asks if this board is being cancelled or about the list, do they give an actual answer instead of saying "i don't know" ?
Maybe I can call tomorrow since they should be open on a Friday. Any other question suggestions people want me to ask?

I didn't know you could call the NRC lol. Have you spoken to them before? If someone asks if this board is being cancelled or about the list, do they give an actual answer instead of saying "i don't know" ?
Maybe I can call tomorrow since they should be open on a Friday. Any other question suggestions people want me to ask?
Yeah local recruiting command should have info. Try and get info about the board and when we’ll get selection results and I’ll let you know what I find out

Last edited:

Navy21

OCS
Contributor

Awesome! I’ll call them too then, ?. I would say the most important questions are:

1a. Is there an “At-Board” list out for the Aug 16th SWO board and, if so, how can we get our hands on it (civi vs AD abilities)? Maybe they didn’t update their files?

1b. If there is not an “At-Board” list, what is the reason for its exclusion?

2. Is everything up and running with their (NRC) systems… is this board on track to convene on the 16th?

3. Expected timeframe for the official results to be released and what shipping dates they would fall under (I.e. late winter/spring/etc.)

4. How many applicants did they take in and what date did they cut acceptance to this board/start to roll people (just in case we can’t get the “At-Board” list from them).

Anything else you all think we should ask?

exNavyOffRec

NO, if you are working with an OR you are not to call NRC, that is a way to start a shitstorm of calls from NRC down to your OR depending on who you reach at NRC, I have seen it several times where an applicant called NRC and the person they reached then told the director of OCS accessions that the applicant called which then results in the Director call the NRD CO, the NRD CO, calling Ops/AOPS, who then calls the OACR, who then ask the OR why his candidate is calling NRC.