• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13FEB2023 INTEL BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I wonder why SEALs undershot their selection goal by so much...you'd think there would be a ton of competition!
They won't compromise on quality, they only went under by 5, as you need to look at OCS shipping goal. That OCS shipping goal will account for attrition through the pipeline, it is rare for a SEAL candidate to drop in OCS and it is very possible several of those selected are currently enlisted SEALS so that means less attrition as well.

cjd131

They won't compromise on quality, they only went under by 5, as you need to look at OCS shipping goal. That OCS shipping goal will account for attrition through the pipeline, it is rare for a SEAL candidate to drop in OCS and it is very possible several of those selected are currently enlisted SEALS so that means less attrition as well.
Makes sense thank you.

Do they care about “prestige” or college rankings?

Also, not my question but I am curious as to what you think about this?

Navy86

Email. Notified me of my medical qualification and stated that my application “will be forwarded to the next IWC INTEL-18300 review board to convene 13 FEB 2023”
Congrats! Did you have a waiver? Did they tell you it was approved and forwarded?

Congrats! Did you have a waiver? Did they tell you it was approved and forwarded?
Thanks. Yeah, I required a TIS waiver that was approved as well. I feel like INTEL is a long shot, but with my TIS and age, my options are pretty limited. SUPPLY and SWO are the other two I applied for. If SWO wasn’t so particular about TIS and age I’d feel really confident about getting accepted for that.

padre

I'm in this cycle, I hope. I was supposed to be in the last round but my recruiter submitted me a week late by accident. I'm a little paranoid there's paperwork that he should of had me redo for this round, but didn't, and that I'll get rejected for it. Also a little concerned about my ability to get a TIS waiver.

I felt more confident before I went through this thread, you guys are all studs.

Sex: M
OAR: 55
GPA: 4.0
Degree: BA Arabic Language & Culture
Letters: O8, O6, E9.
Background: E-7 Air Force linguist, 11 years. 5 langs.

Last edited:

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Do we know if they put much weight on what university we went to? Do they care about “prestige” or college rankings?
Just wondering, I notice few people share their schools on here which makes me think we don’t think the board cares much either.
I cannot sufficiently express how little the name/prestige or lack thereof of your school matters or your future peers will care. "Whole person" concept is thrown around a lot and seems to fit.
well, I saw several that had online degrees with very good GPA's picked over people with GPA's about 3.0 give or take from Harvard and Stanford.
^^ +1

Good luck all, I see some really good stats in this thread.

exNavyOffRec

I cannot sufficiently express how little the name/prestige or lack thereof of your school matters or your future peers will care. "Whole person" concept is thrown around a lot and seems to fit.
In regards to IWC they do tend to look more at the whole person concept, IF the person makes the cut on degree and GPA. There are often so many good applicants that for each person that has a sub 3 GPA but a rockstar in all other areas there is a person just like that one but with a mid 3 GPA.

CEC and Supply are also very similar.

cjd131

No one said we cant have a 100% AW acceptance rate
Is it a possibility that the board might overselect for their goal this time around and push some people into FY24 or are those quotas hard-coded? I see on the dashboard that some designators have negative quotas remaining.

exNavyOffRec

Is it a possibility that the board might overselect for their goal this time around and push some people into FY24 or are those quotas hard-coded? I see on the dashboard that some designators have negative quotas remaining.
They don't need to over-select from what is listed as it is already built in to select for FY 24 when they are several months into the CY, the number already shipped to OCS plus those that have been Pro Y waiting to go to OCS already exceed the FY 23 shipping goal.

padre

Would it make me less desirable of a candidate if I wasn't currently AD in a TS environment? Because at the very end of this year I will have more TIS than I can waiver, so if I don't get this one I've got October and that's it. Asking because I'm thinking about separating in May to stop that TIS clock and give myself more chances.

exNavyOffRec

Would it make me less desirable of a candidate if I wasn't currently AD in a TS environment? Because at the very end of this year I will have more TIS than I can waiver, so if I don't get this one I've got October and that's it. Asking because I'm thinking about separating in May to stop that TIS clock and give myself more chances.
Aren't you National Guard? Have you been full time guard your entire time or just the weekends and 2 weeks, or some combination of AD and NG time?