• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13FEB2023 INTEL BOARD

CNOgden

I have the list of all the packages who are at the board. DM me if you'd like to verify if your name is on it! Luckily mine is actually there this time -- and there are 98 (!) applicants this go around!
What is the date of that list? Last I looked was for 5Feb. Did they post a newer version?

padre

If someone gets selected and then turns it down, are they basically black-listed from reapplying? I got selected from the CG and I'm still on the fence about what to do. I'm real worried I could get selected, say no and then the CG could fall through somehow and I'll be screwed. Spent a lot of time deliberating on pulling out or not next week, but due to my TIS I've only got like one try left after this round so I just held to it. Feel like I'm playing a risky game.

CNOgden

If someone gets selected and then turns it down, are they basically black-listed from reapplying? I got selected from the CG and I'm still on the fence about what to do. I'm real worried I could get selected, say no and then the CG could fall through somehow and I'll be screwed. Spent a lot of time deliberating on pulling out or not next week, but due to my TIS I've only got like one try left after this round so I just held to it. Feel like I'm playing a risky game.
If I was you I would keep your name in the hat. But I will say over my nine years as an IS all the Coasty Intel Officers I have got to work with really enjoyed their jobs.

padre

Hua, we're definitely leaning really hard toward it just because we have kids and the deployments seem so much shorter usually. What I'm worried about is getting selected (might not happen obvi and then this is a non-issue), saying no in like Apr, then the CG calling me in May to say something in my med record or with my paperwork is bad and they don't want me. I can't think of how that would happen but I'm for sure paranoid about it happening and getting trapped in my current job haha.

EchoMike

Hua, we're definitely leaning really hard toward it just because we have kids and the deployments seem so much shorter usually. What I'm worried about is getting selected (might not happen obvi and then this is a non-issue), saying no in like Apr, then the CG calling me in May to say something in my med record or with my paperwork is bad and they don't want me. I can't think of how that would happen but I'm for sure paranoid about it happening and getting trapped in my current job haha.
I'm not entirely clear on the process after the application, but why would your medical record after selection be an issue? In order to apply, we have to go through all of our medical history with a fine tooth comb and fulfill remedials before Navy medical will give us the green light. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like they won't be finding anything new unless something happened between MEPs and the board.

padre

I'm not entirely clear on the process after the application, but why would your medical record after selection be an issue? In order to apply, we have to go through all of our medical history with a fine tooth comb and fulfill remedials before Navy medical will give us the green light. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like they won't be finding anything new unless something happened between MEPs and the board.
Well I'm more worried about it for CG than Navy since there are anecdotes out there about the CG doing that, but I didn't go to MEPS. I had my physical done at my AF base and that was sent to my Navy and CG recruiters. On the CG side they don't review medical stuff or process waivers until after selection.

Last edited:

EchoMike

Well I'm more worried about it for CG than Navy since there are anecdotes out gherd about the CG doing that, but I didn't go to MEPS. I had my physical done at my AF base and that was sent to my Navy and CG recruiters. On the CG side they don't review medical stuff or process waivers until after selection.
Oh that's right, you got selected for Coast Guard! Huge congrats!

That makes sense. You had me sweating for a second there that I might have to do more remedials.

exNavyOffRec

At this point there is no way to pull your info from the board, if you get selected and don't want the spot then you can write a decline letter.

If you decline the odds of getting picked again are slim.

Vertig09

my package is gunna be at this board! I'm just relieved to get that confirmation
Found out from the list that I am not at the board. Pretty saddening but it happens.

As one of my last posts on this thread-- gonna plug the excel spreadsheet again for anyone that hasn't put their info in and for any lurkers-- don't have to put your name if you dont want to, just make sure you follow up after you have heard back about results. Treat my baby with care.

Good luck to everyone on the board.

✌️

Vertig09

Do you know if your application will be in front of the SWO board? Keep pushing for what you want either way, resilience is the key to making sure you're not settling for anything you aren't 100 percent sure of.
My package will not be in front of the SWO board either- I submitted pretty late so it probably just didn't make it in time for the Jan 20 deadline for intel. Will contact my recruiter to see exactly what the deal is.

Thanks for the advice, I will be pushing forward-- will just have to wait a little bit longer to join you guys.

Also for anyone that hasn't seen it before- here is link to a CWO facebook page which has a IWC proboard stats in the photos from 2016-- Though its from a bit ago- stats won't vary that much.

Hope to hear good news from you all soon-

cjd131

I don't have any data to corroborate, but if those people make up a substantial fraction of applicants then that improves the outlook for those of us focusing mostly on 1830

Now that we do have some data to corroborate I can build out on what I was trying to say here, which I think was a little in-artfully worded. According to this graphic, only 94/176 (54%) of 1830 applicants put it as their first choice—applying that rate to this board, 98*.54=53 first choice 1830 applicants, for 31 spots and a presumptive first-choice selection rate of 58% (provided that the board only selects amongst first-choice applicants as seems to usually be the case).

When I said "Hail Marys" I meant to refer to people who did not have Intel as a first choice, not wrt/ package strength (we can speculate on that but not productively, since we don't even really know what yardsticks they are using). Was probably not the right wording, but the upshot is that for those of us whose overriding goal is to be an 1830, the odds don't look so long!