• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13FEB2023 INTEL BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I went directly from AD to AGR, so I've never not been full-time and accruing TAFMS.
I wouldn't risk leaving your full time career in hopes of getting an Intel spot, especially when you are already over the 120 months. Yes you can get a waiver to go to board, but those accepted over 120 or for other waiverable situations are done so in "limited numbers". This means not only are you competing against everyone else to get a spot but you are also competing against those who also have waivers to be one of the "limited numbers", that competition could be a sailor in the IWC field with a great GPA and degree who is a rockstar, or it could be someone that did 10 years and nothing really notable, who knows?

padre

I wouldn't risk leaving your full time career in hopes of getting an Intel spot, especially when you are already over the 120 months. Yes you can get a waiver to go to board, but those accepted over 120 or for other waiverable situations are done so in "limited numbers". This means not only are you competing against everyone else to get a spot but you are also competing against those who also have waivers to be one of the "limited numbers", that competition could be a sailor in the IWC field with a great GPA and degree who is a rockstar, or it could be someone that did 10 years and nothing really notable, who knows?
Oof, I appreciate that candor and clarity. My career is just kind of a dead end. Arabic is being divested and my state cuts us at 20 years, so I won't be able to work my way to a substantial pension and I won't have the best job security coming out of it. If I don't land something now or in October I imagine I'll let myself ETS next year and pursue lawschool.

ScholarBone

Well boys it looks like I'm out of the running anyway. I just got selected for Coast Guard intel. Best of luck to everyone I hope you all get it.
Congrats!! I want to apply for that too, but I need a conditional release from the Navy before that happens. I'm applying for one, so if I don't get picked up on this board and the conditional release is approved I'll be putting in a package for that as well. Good luck and best wishes to you!

EchoMike

B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering, B.A. French, Master of Business Administration, Master of Art in Global Risk.

Undergrad GPA 3.4
Graduate GPA 3.6 MBA
Graduate GPA 4.0 Global Risk

OAR: 60
Waivers: none

LOR: Church Mission President from when I was a missionary in Africa, 2 Professors from Grad school, and a former manager at defense contractor.

I have worked in the aerospace/defense industry for about 12 years as an engineer.

I'm afraid I'm pretty old: 38. My recruiter says I shouldn't worry about that - I'm below the cutoff 42 and that’s all that matters. I hope he’s correct and I hope to see you all at OCS. Best of luck!
We can be WAFL's together. I'm 37, will be 38 by the OCS rolls around...if I get selected. Life experience says a lot, and you have stellar marks, so I bet you're going be selected.

EchoMike

Competition is looking fierce. I dig it.

Here are my stats:

Sex: F
OAR: 55
GPA: 3.2 Undergrad - 3.89 Grad to date (still enrolled)
Major: Bach. Architecture. Working on grad certificate in Intelligence Studies to be rolled into Masters in whatever bolsters my career.

A little late to the game some would say, but I had some living to do before I was ready for this.

Best of luck everyone!

ScholarBone

I have the list of all the packages who are at the board. DM me if you'd like to verify if your name is on it! Luckily mine is actually there this time -- and there are 98 (!) applicants this go around!

cjd131

27/98=~28% projected acceptance rate—seems like decent chances against historical average which I think is closer to 10%

cjd131

The quota is actually now 31 instead of 27, as of 6 February, so even better!
This means roughly 1 in 3 people will be selected—allowing for a certain number of Hail Marys and random 3rd choice packets, it seems like we have quite a good shot this time around.

Last edited:

EchoMike

This means roughly 1 in 3 people will be selected—allowing for a certain number of Hail Marys and random 3rd choice sh*ts and giggles packets, it seems like people who are serious about Intel have quite a good shot this time around.
I really hope you're right...I also hope that I'm not a hail Mary, but some of you are throwing up some incredible stats so I'm a little worried Haha Second choice was Supply and they're looking at 165 spots to fill, so worse case scenario, I'll be the one helping make sure you have the goods you need ;)

cjd131

I really hope you're right...I also hope that I'm not a hail Mary, but some of you are throwing up some incredible stats so I'm a little worried Haha Second choice was Supply and they're looking at 165 spots to fill, so worse case scenario, I'll be the one helping make sure you have the goods you need ;)
Haha I am not an expert but I don't think you're a Hail Mary...I was thinking more of people with multiple waivers or who are really gunning for another community. I have seem some of the ex-recruiters say that applicants who know they are uncompetitive sometimes insist on dropping a packet because they will regret it if they don't try, or on the off chance that a miracle happens, or they are really aiming for another designator and think of IWC as a backup. I don't have any data to corroborate, but if those people make up a substantial fraction of applicants then that improves the outlook for those of us focusing mostly on 1830