• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13FEB2023 INTEL BOARD

cjd131

Best of luck to everyone submitting! It’s been great to get to know you guys and I know you would all be fantastic fits.

ScholarBone

For those of you whose name is not on the "at-board" list:

Just because your name is not on the list does not mean that your package isn't there. In theory that would be correct. But during the November board a few months ago, there were quite a few names not on the list whose packages did make it to board, including people who were ultimately picked up and accepted (like our resident Scooter345). So if you're not on the list but you believe you're supposed to be, I would still reach out to your recruiter (or Mr. Paul Celestin, the AD OCS applicant coordinator, if you're active duty) and try to get some answers. It was a whole shitstorm situation but we were able to get some answers and it worked out for some of us. Feel free to reach out to me if you need help and I'll do my best!

Once again, good luck to all of you!

ScholarBone

I saw that too. I have no idea why their results dropped so early, considering how many more of them there are versus intel. But there’s so many things going on behind the scene so it is what it is. Here’s hoping we see something this coming week.

c4ro

I assume because there were many more spots available for SWO so the selection process is a little easier for the board. Crossing my fingers that we hear something within the next two weeks. Hurry up and wait at its finest.

ScholarBone

I’ve noticed the active duty applicants will get an FY23/FY24 date. Pretty sure it’s because NRC has to work with the losing command to determine when the applicant can detach, so the release of the list is too early to make that determination (obviously the command needs to be notified that the applicant has been PROREC Y before they can give a detach date).

exNavyOffRec

I saw that too. I have no idea why their results dropped so early, considering how many more of them there are versus intel. But there’s so many things going on behind the scene so it is what it is. Here’s hoping we see something this coming week.
That is the key thing as you don't know what is going on behind the scenes. That includes the fact that board dates are set way in advance and those dates are just placeholders, the board could meet before, after, or on that date. A few other considerations are is the board in house or remote, how in depth does that designator go into the applications? IWC will dig a bit deeper than SWO will which could lead to SWO getting done sooner.

ScholarBone

T
That is the key thing as you don't know what is going on behind the scenes. That includes the fact that board dates are set way in advance and those dates are just placeholders, the board could meet before, after, or on that date. A few other considerations are is the board in house or remote, how in depth does that designator go into the applications? IWC will dig a bit deeper than SWO will which could lead to SWO getting done sooner.
That’s also a factor I was thinking of; it would make sense that IWC designator boards go a little more in depth with applications, and by the nature of their jobs would be looking for specific things that unrestricted designators would not be.

As long as my package was actually considered this board (unlike last time) I’m cool with it. I know that it’s 99% likely that I’ll have my answer by April. I’ve waited 9 years to be able to apply for OCS, I can certainly wait a few more weeks for the results.