• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13FEB2023 INTEL BOARD

ScholarBone

Well friends, unfortunately I didn't make it this round. I thought I had a good chance. It's a disappointing result for something I've been working towards for the last nine years since I joined. I can't/won't pretend I'm not dejected.

But I'll be applying for the next round, and strengthening my package in the meantime! And I'm still here to help in anyway I can.

c4ro

I got selected on this board and got an OCS date as well. Keep applying if you didn’t get selected! You won’t have a chance to get selected if you don’t apply. Hope to see all of you in OCS or in the fleet.

padre

Confirmed I got selected but I'll already have been commissioned in the CG for two months by the time I'd go to OCS with the Navy, and we already know we got our #1 assignment preference w the CG too, so I'm going to turn it down. I'm not sure if the Navy fills gaps from an alternate list, but if they don't I'm genuinely sorry if I pushed anyone out who should have been selected. It wasn't my intent.

Absolutely wish the best of luck to all of you either in OCS or at future boards. Maybe we'll work together some day.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Unfortunately, I did not get selected this round, but I'm not giving up. I still plan on seeing each and every one of you that gets selected at some point on the other side of this.
Not sure if you needed a waiver(s) but one thing to consider if you did is they do put a limit on how many they will give pro-Y's to with a waiver.

EchoMike

Not sure if you needed a waiver(s) but one thing to consider if you did is they do put a limit on how many they will give pro-Y's to with a waiver.
My recruiter said he didn't think I went in with any waivers, but it took me almost 6 months to clear medical, so I feel like there had to be a waiver in there somewhere.

That's really good to know considering he casually would say things like "meh, that's waivable" when I'd toss around hypotheticals. Seems like it's better to not default to waivers if it can be avoided with a little extra effort on the applicant's behalf.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said he didn't think I went in with any waivers, but it took me almost 6 months to clear medical, so I feel like there had to be a waiver in there somewhere.

That's really good to know considering he casually would say things like "meh, that's waivable" when I'd toss around hypotheticals. Seems like it's better to not default to waivers if it can be avoided with a little extra effort on the applicant's behalf.
I should clarify I am only talking about non-medical waivers, I thought you were active duty where TIS is a factor.

Jakep107

My recruiter said results weren’t out and claimed I was at the board; however, someone here shared with me that my name wasnt even on the sharepoint? Can someone explain?

cjd131

Similar situation—I am a Y on the sharepoint doc but recruiter says nothing yet. Is there a lag of some sort?

EchoMike

Confirmed I got selected but I'll already have been commissioned in the CG for two months by the time I'd go to OCS with the Navy, and we already know we got our #1 assignment preference w the CG too, so I'm going to turn it down. I'm not sure if the Navy fills gaps from an alternate list, but if they don't I'm genuinely sorry if I pushed anyone out who should have been selected. It wasn't my intent.

Absolutely wish the best of luck to all of you either in OCS or at future boards. Maybe we'll work together some day.
I'm really happy for you! You had to shoot your shot at both and it's always a plus to have choices when it comes to your path in life.

Just for timeline sake, when was your Navy OCS date?

Best of luck in CG!

Jakep107

Similar situation—I am a Y on the sharepoint doc but recruiter says nothing yet. Is there a lag of some sort?
I just dont understand how my recruiter claims I am at the board yet im not on the sharepoint. I think my recruiter is mistaken and he submitted late.

cjd131

I wonder how official the sharepoint is? Is it possible for there to be discrepancies between the documents there and the final PRO-RECs?