• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03AUG2020 PILOT/ NFO BOARD (REDUX)

Baylus

It's people from this board who has April dates and haven't gotten a Finsel letter yet. Most candidates on recent boards got finsel letters just before they shipped out. you probably won't get it until 2-3 weeks before you leave.
I’ve been doing some looking around and that’s what I’ve been reading! Since it’s so far out, I’m confident that I’ll be leaving for sure

Oscarep3

Why is it that classes after us are getting shipping dates before us? I really just sat here and thought about how is that even possible? Idk if yall know the answer to that but its kind of bugging me

bigbird

Biggest Bird
I remember I was waiting for a date just like you guys and I called my recruiter and set up a meeting and right after that everything opened right up.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
When I was in the recruiters office for our last meeting, they were literally just calling people out by name and asking them if they wanted to leave for the next available date and then said okay you are leaving then. And it was a done deal they were slotted for their class. It’s not that hard for the recruiters to put your name in for a date most of them just have other things going on or a more immediate stack of papers to go through.

I've been bothering my recruiter about once a month, and this last time he claimed that the problem was downstream of OCS and the SNA pipeline was backed up. So NFO folks are going quick, as are active duty, age-critical, and people claiming a hardship. He asked if I had a hardship and I had to admit that I didn't (I'm in a solid employment and housing situation for now). That's when he dropped the "mid-July report date at the earliest" prediction on me that I posted earlier.

All that said, even if I could get lined up for the next available date, I would need at least a couple weeks to get my affairs in order. Break my lease, get furniture into storage, etc. If I didn't have all that, I would probably be shaking the tree a little harder.

kdmcdoug

I've been bothering my recruiter about once a month, and this last time he claimed that the problem was downstream of OCS and the SNA pipeline was backed up. So NFO folks are going quick, as are active duty, age-critical, and people claiming a hardship. He asked if I had a hardship and I had to admit that I didn't (I'm in a solid employment and housing situation for now). That's when he dropped the "mid-July report date at the earliest" prediction on me that I posted earlier.

All that said, even if I could get lined up for the next available date, I would need at least a couple weeks to get my affairs in order. Break my lease, get furniture into storage, etc. If I didn't have all that, I would probably be shaking the tree a little harder.
Got the same time frame too. July at the latest is what I was told. It's more of the fact of just getting the date so I can start getting my affairs in order. Every time I talk to my recruiter I get vague or dead-end answers as an update.

Feel like a cat chasing a laser dot in which the answers (and OCS date) I'm looking for are the dot.

Taterone

Much like all of you I am waiting on my date as well. Been calling my recruiter about once a week to see if there is any updates. This past Tuesday (3/9) I was talking with him and he told me that I really should have found out by now and that he would email someone the next day. He got back to me on Thursday (3/11) and said that my profile had been updated to "booking OCS date". Not sure the status of my profile prior to this but he told me "you should have something within the next week".

clorio5

Just heard that for those of us who dont have a date we probably wont be scheduled til the fall. Apparently they sent too many pilots to OCS and flight training pipeline is backed up.

Taterone

Hopeful for this week. Since my last post my recruiter has bugged someone up the chain of command multiple times for me and got a response to the effect of "He'll know something soon." Their soon and my soon are clearly two different meanings BUT we have the start of the month coming up and hopefully they will release some new dates.

Also if anyone still waiting on a date gets one, do me a solid and throw it up on this forum so I can reference how much more waiting is ahead.