• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03AUG2020 PILOT/ NFO BOARD (REDUX)

Taterone

It's definitely a challenge trying to stay motivated after all this time. Over 7 months since I found out I got selected for SNA and still no word on an OCS date. No matter how great my lack of motivation gets I've managed to keep forcing myself to workout and study Bravo most days, but it sure gets rough sometimes lol. At this point I'm running an outstanding medium (I've got the old man PRT scoring so that helps ha), my pushups and planks are at an excellent low, and i've got 95% of Bravo memorized verbatim.

Usually a chat with my recruiter and some cool naval aviation videos on youtube gets my motivation going again, but the other day my recruiter told me that the class starting ROM this weekend had 4 last minute openings they were looking for people to fill. Even with an approved hardship request they refused to take me for it. "No pilots!" lol. That was a pretty good hit to my motivation.

Damn good way to look at it though Taterone. We really do have winning lottery tickets here even if we have to wait a while to cash them in!
Yeah I usually feel better after talking with my recruiter too. Also as dumb as it sounds it makes me feel good reading posts like yours just so I know that I am not the only left behind LOL. For us three that are still active I bet there are 100 others that are in our same boat.

Just to maybe raise morale a bit, if you could pick, what would you want to fly? I am really going to be totally happy with whatever I end up in but lately I have been looking a lot into the V-22, or rather the CMV-22B. I have always been fascinated with the way it flies and job duties sound like one of the best in the Navy.

KremPaps

Also as dumb as it sounds it makes me feel good reading posts like yours just so I know that I am not the only left behind LOL. For us three that are still active I bet there are 100 others that are in our same boat.

Yup, same. That's why I decided to post here lol. I'd guess not a whole lot of applicants even know air warriors exists so there's gotta be even more of us waiting.

The V-22 is awesome! I'm prior service Marine Corps and rode around in them in Afghanistan after they replaced the CH-46. That thing would definitely be cool to fly. For me I'm torn between helicopters and jets. I'm a civilian helicopter pilot, so obviously I love helicopters, plus the huge range of mission types the MH-60 does sounds really interesting. At the same time, if given the opportunity to fly a jet, how do you say no to that!? I did my own anthro measurements a while back and my sitting height is right near the max for jets, so when the navy does it I might be just under or just over. Who knows. Part of me hopes I'm anthro'd out of jets so I don't have to decide lol. At the end of the day though, as long as I get to fly an aircraft that has NAVY on the side of it, I'll be very happy!

Taterone

Yup, same. That's why I decided to post here lol. I'd guess not a whole lot of applicants even know air warriors exists so there's gotta be even more of us waiting.

The V-22 is awesome! I'm prior service Marine Corps and rode around in them in Afghanistan after they replaced the CH-46. That thing would definitely be cool to fly. For me I'm torn between helicopters and jets. I'm a civilian helicopter pilot, so obviously I love helicopters, plus the huge range of mission types the MH-60 does sounds really interesting. At the same time, if given the opportunity to fly a jet, how do you say no to that!? I did my own anthro measurements a while back and my sitting height is right near the max for jets, so when the navy does it I might be just under or just over. Who knows. Part of me hopes I'm anthro'd out of jets so I don't have to decide lol. At the end of the day though, as long as I get to fly an aircraft that has NAVY on the side of it, I'll be very happy!
Yeah getting a jet seat would be nuts. I have heard some rumors that there is actually a shortage of jet pilots at the moment. That being said I know the seats are pretty damn hard to get, but hey someones gotta get it!

Oscarep3

Literally just got off a zoom call with a LT in my region and he said all SNAs should have a leave date. I personally still don’t know what my date is but he said he will check on it tomorrow. If I were y’all I would ask your recruiters for an update. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is nearer than we think

clorio5

That part I don’t know. I’m just relaying what the LT said. As far as I know he could be wrong, but hopefully his information was correct
I hate all of the different information and later boards getting dates before prior boards. My recruiter told me they werent sending anymore SNAs right now...

KremPaps

later boards getting dates before prior boards. My recruiter told me they werent sending anymore SNAs right now...

Seeing later board SNAs get dates was driving me nuts, but it looks like they were all November board hardship requests, age critical, active duty with a temp conditional release, etc. I think a lot of the January board is still waiting on board results and some don't even know if their package got pushed to the next board or not. Then there are rumors about the next board not even happening. So things could definitely be worse, at least we know we're selected and it's just a matter of time.

I was told the same thing about not taking any SNAs at OCS right now too. Right around the same time those other guys got told July 11 OCS dates lol.

Who knows. Like I said, we know we're selected, we WILL eventually go. Try to stay motivated, keep working out, keep studying, and we'll crush it when we get there.

Taterone

Literally just got off a zoom call with a LT in my region and he said all SNAs should have a leave date. I personally still don’t know what my date is but he said he will check on it tomorrow. If I were y’all I would ask your recruiters for an update. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is nearer than we think
Anything come from this?

Oscarep3

Update on what the Lt said: I don’t have a date yet and he’s working on getting me one. So basically back to waiting. Almost got my hopes up lol

Haha maybe he was making a normative statement rather than a statement of fact. Or he felt like giving the rumor mill a good shake-up.

Taterone

Just got a call. September 5th is my shipping date. Not as soon as I hoped but hey it’s a date. Now I have something to look forward to
Good for you, something is better than nothing. I was talking with my recruiter a couple weeks ago and he told me that the person in charge of assigning dates was giving out dates to candidates that hadn't graduated college yet over people who applied from our board and the one before us. One of these candidates that was given a date is going through my recruiter and is set for September 5th. I was told if I was assigned a date later this candidate, my recruiter would swap our dates.