• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec Non-Select

From Pro Rec Where you:

• Selected

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • Non-Select Medical

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Non-Select Physical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Select Security

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Non-Select Other

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Right after I graduated college I worked in the automotive industry for a short stint. Let me tell you that it is probably your best option to go used as new will always depreciate greatly the moment you drive it off of the lot. Also, if you want to get a good appraisal of a used vehicle go to www.edmunds.com. The heck with blue book. Car dealerships don't use KBB and they always up the value. Edmunds not only tells you what the car is worth wholesale, private party, and retail, but it aslo gives you what they call True Market Value. This is basically what people are paying on average for the same vehicle.

On the other hand, if you do buy new (which I highly advised against). Research the exact car you want and find out its invoice (wholesale) price. Go to the dealership and tell them you will only pay invoice. It is what they pay for the vehicle plus a holdback so they are still making 500 bucks or so. They won't be happy to sell the car at that price but I guarantee that they, or another dealership of the same type, will. It is in there best interest to move the vehicle even if they are "giving it away." Good luck and if you need any assistance hit me up and I will offer whatever advice I can give you.

Kycntryboy

pilot
ben said:
Check the kbb.com value on that jeep man, it sounds a little bit high to me. Just my opinion, haven't done much research lately.

I did do they research hold on.... http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc....40517;suv+r&40;Jeep;1991 Wrangler&14;JE;A6&&&

you were probably just looking at a base wranger, this is the rarest wrangler there is. Anyboby who knows anything about Jeeps will know what a Wrangler Renegade is and what its worth. This jeeps go from 8-12 grand easy depending on what condition they are in, I definately do my homework....(at the last minute)

Kycntryboy

pilot
E6286 said:
Right after I graduated college I worked in the automotive industry for a short stint. Let me tell you that it is probably your best option to go used as new will always depreciate greatly the moment you drive it off of the lot. Also, if you want to get a good appraisal of a used vehicle go to www.edmunds.com. The heck with blue book. Car dealerships don't use KBB and they always up the value. Edmunds not only tells you what the car is worth wholesale, private party, and retail, but it aslo gives you what they call True Market Value. This is basically what people are paying on average for the same vehicle.

That assessment is ridiculous. http://www.edmunds.com/used/1991/je...munds.u.tmvmipmake.tmvpricetable.num3.1.jeep*
You will not find a base wrangler in this country for that cheap. I challange anybody to find a Wrangler Renegade anywhere for under $6000.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
The assessment is what the vehicle is worth. It doesn't take into consideration the rarity of such a vehicle. Your situation might be unique, however, the website is on track.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I know what wranglers are worth I've been dealing with them for the past 6 years, I'm saying that assesment even for a 4 cylinder is crap.

Doc33

It appears I'm in the same situation as all of you...Pro-Rec'd almost 5 weeks ago amd still waiting. My Chief is pretty helpful and encouraging though. (probably because I have his # on speed dial)

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Just keep plugging at it.... once the pro-rec is through, its just a matter of waiting to the paperwork catches up to your ambitions. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.