• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec Non-Select

From Pro Rec Where you:

• Selected

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • Non-Select Medical

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Non-Select Physical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Select Security

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Non-Select Other

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre170

None
shnap51 said:
Just found out yesterday that my package (snfo) is on the desk of the final signature guy (Commander?). Passed all hoops (including medical) so far. Hoping to hear final select info shortly.
QUOTE]

Shnap,

When did you send in your final paperwork? I sent mine in at the begging of April. I am hping to hear something back by 10 May.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I have had final docs in going on five wks now and neo has been waiting close to six. I was told things are definately moving slower than usual down there lately. My recruiter last told me that "your application is resting on the program manager's desk and is awaiting his final decision." Who knows what that means? I am just praying to hear good news regarding my status.

shnap51

Selected NFO
Sabre170 said:
shnap51 said:
Just found out yesterday that my package (snfo) is on the desk of the final signature guy (Commander?). Passed all hoops (including medical) so far. Hoping to hear final select info shortly.
QUOTE]

Shnap,

When did you send in your final paperwork? I sent mine in at the begging of April. I am hping to hear something back by 10 May.

To give you the whole picture...I first applied April '03, then many processing mishaps later (medical discrepancies, blood test errors, recruiter mistakes, and various other human errors) I was rejected for NFO and Supply in Feb '04. Upon closer scrutiny, I learned of the aforementioned process problems and sought to resolve them in short order prior to the "April 20 board". I believe I submitted everything they needed by the first week of April (but they pretty much had everything already, including "findocs" from my previous application, so maybe my info will move at a different pace).

All previous issues appear to be resolved, and I've been deemed a strong candidate for NFO. Since medical was a concern of mine all along, I was very happy to hear that I've passed that hurdle. Still awaiting final signature from what you guys are calling the "program manager", I guess.

Any minute now....

If this works out, they say I can have my father (retired officer) sware me in. I didn't know that. That'd be pretty cool. Anybody else around here every do that? It's not like he'll be wearing an old uniform or anything, it'd be a little "snug". Just curious about the details behind this.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
not sure of the details, but I'm planing on having my Dad, current Navy officer, swear me in.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Something to think about down the road, but you guys could also have your Dads commission you too.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Thats awesome congrads Neo. Apparently I guess I'm the only person who didn't get the memo about dressing up when you swear, (...it must have been on them TPS reports). My OSO didn't tell me about it, and when I showed up in his office he made a joke about it, I was in jean shorts and a t-shirt (oh and barefoot too, you know how we are around KY). I wish I knew about it so I wouldn't have felt like such a donkey afterwards. (By the way I got the 100th post... Holla!)

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Waiting waiting waiting........... Any recruiters that post on here wanna check my status haha. Congrats Neo!

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Neo, that is awesome man, welcome to the service. KYboy, what part of KY are you from? How do you like UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.