• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec Non-Select

From Pro Rec Where you:

• Selected

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • Non-Select Medical

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Non-Select Physical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Select Security

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Non-Select Other

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
ET-Mike said:
Neo, that is awesome man, welcome to the service. KYboy, what part of KY are you from? How do you like UK?

I am from the metapolis known as Vine Grove... well, Its by Fort Knox, which is by Elizabethtown, which is by Louisville. UK's ok, They're raising tuition and prices around here like there is no tommorrow because of budget cuts. It's a nice campus during the spring, summer, and fall, but when winter comes it is a b**** because of how open the campus it, long walk in that freezing Ky weather. Other than that no complaints.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I didn't know we could have our father's swear us in.... My father is retired, I wish I would have known that! But I am not suprised that I didn't hear that from my recruiter.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Neo, yes, I am at Vandy
Ky, I am from the Hartford-Beaver Dam area, Ohio County...a couple of my friends are at UK right now and they say about the same thing you did, the campus is so open.

Kycntryboy

pilot
The only thing I know about Vandy is that you guys like to tear down the goalposts when you beat us last year.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
heh, Kentucky isn't cold.....now..try going to a minnesota school that doesn't have skyways inbetween buildings. Thats a recipie for cold.

Kycntryboy

pilot
You think Kentucky has those luxuries? Hahaha, man whoever designed this campus needs to be shot, (not really, but kicked in the arss for sure!) There is no organization to anything whatsoever, if there is room there is a building. The campus is spread out tip to tip at about a mile and a quarter. And when its cold (which they weather has finally gotten past) its cold and the wind is ridiculous!

Sabre170

None
Just found out the the Chief has okay my package, is waiting for a class date and then will send the package up to the Commander's approval.

What the hell does that mean. If the Chief okayd me would there be any reason for the Commander not to? Or is it just formality?

Also just found out that Jeff, a guy from San Antonio, was selected and will be going to OCS in January. It looks like those (direct commission) getting selected are having to wait 8-9 months.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
How long have your final docs been in sabre? Mine have been in 5 wks today. My recruiter says my "application is resting on the program manager's desk and we are waiting on his final decision." Who knows what that means? Is your friend that got a Jan. OCS date SNA? Neo got Dec. 4th and just swore in today.

Sabre170

None
E6286,
I sent my final docs in on 5 April. My OSO emailed the Chief on Wednesday and got a response today. According to my OSO, all I am waiting for is a Class Date and the Commander's final approval. My OSO is PCSing a week from today and he emailed the Chief back and told him that he is moving and wants to swear me in before he leaves. I hope that means early next week I will get a phone call with good news.

Jeff, I think is NFO. I am not sure, but I will check.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Wow, I wish my recruiter had connections to find out what is going on. I submitted final documents on March 26 and all I know is that my application is "resting on the program manager's desk and we are waiting on his decision." Not that I know what that means. You are waiting on final selection for SNFO, correct? I was pro rec'd for SNA so I am not sure if we have the same people looking us over. I just want good news....

Sabre170

None
I hear ya. I thought the program manager was the final okay and I thought the program manager was the Cheif.?.? That is why I was a little nervous when I was told once I get a class date it will go to the Commander's desk. I didn't know if that was because I am 30 and the Commander needs to okay that or if this is just formality and the Commander has to sign off all final selects.

Anyway, My OSO said that he knew the Commander well and the Commander knows that my OSO will not try to send some knucklehead to OCS. I hope it also helps me for the Commander to know that my OSO is PCSing and want me to be his final swear in. I hope to know before next Friday. Lucky for me I have finals this week and have something to else to occupy my time instead of waiting around the phone.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
OK, when I swore in this was how it was explained to me. After Pro Rec your packet goes to the program manager. At the same time your medical/Physical/Security splits off. after all those are looked at and approved, it all lands on the program managers desk, again. then he signs off on it and your done. Yes it sounds easy, but it's not. You competing with everyone elses kit for time and space so it can take awhile. I started my App process last Sept. I'm going in on Dec 4.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Don't forget how everybody that works in the Navy's offices lovvess to go home early...everyday. My OSO is spending the next two months fly fishing, because he's made all of his Officer requirements, its quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.