• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

zarevich

Sort of both if you bought in early enough. Reddit users have been doing market manipulation on gamestop, Nokia, black berry, and several other companies. I luckily had a few dozen shares in black berry and Nokia (before the reddit users started manipulation tactics). Now robinhood and webbull are blocking any more buys from the aforementioned companies to bail out the filthy rich wall street hedge funders. Its pretty dirty, so much for an unregulated market.

Crypto is on the rise like you said. My ethereum has turned quite a profit. Reddit users are trying to get dogecoin up to $1/coin. I bought a few thousand over the summer for less than a penny. Its up to 2.5 cents now.
I’m in ethereum as well, but was late for it. Also got in stellar and chain link for the long term.

PringleMan

Thats the move bro ?? beer and trading cryptocurrency has been calming my anxiety about the board results. Next week will be the week ??
I have to say, working in the Attaché service is great most of the time, but sometimes you get times when you have to say no to general officers and their staff and it can get really draining holding your ground haha.

That and being chained to an issued phone 24/7. But Friday at about 2100Z is when I can tell everyone that calls during the weekend to bugger off unless it is life/limb/eyesight or blowing up a target on behalf of the host nation.

BasketballisLife

I have to say, working in the Attaché service is great most of the time, but sometimes you get times when you have to say no to general officers and their staff and it can get really draining holding your ground haha.

That and being chained to an issued phone 24/7. But Friday at about 2100Z is when I can tell everyone that calls during the weekend to bugger off unless it is life/limb/eyesight or blowing up a target on behalf of the host nation.
Man that's a sweet set of orders. My dream is to one day be a FAO or do embassy duty in Europe (I'm obsessed with the soccer scene there) Haha I'm so jealous.

Since Im shore based my wife and I traveled to Europe and Asia every few months before covid. I studied global politics heavily for my masters degree as well so all that stuff is fascinating to me. Filling out a new SF86 is gonna be a pain if I'm selected for 1830 because I've traveled a lot ever since my secret clearance concluded years ago.

How much longer you across the Atlantic for?

PringleMan

Man that's a sweet set of orders. My dream is to one day be a FAO or do embassy duty in Europe (I'm obsessed with the soccer scene there) Haha I'm so jealous.

Since Im shore based my wife and I traveled to Europe and Asia every few months before covid. I studied global politics heavily for my masters degree as well so all that stuff is fascinating to me. Filling out a new SF86 is gonna be a pain if I'm selected for 1830 because I've traveled a lot ever since my secret clearance concluded years ago.

How much longer you across the Atlantic for?
Until Q1 FY2023, unless I get picked up. And then my guess is my OCS date will be in Q4 FY2022 so it wont really make a difference hahaha.

PringleMan

That’s interesting, what Leads you to believe you would have an OCS Class date of Q4 FY2022?
Murphy's law and Karma.

Also most AD getting selected right now are just having "FY22" as their OCS dates, and my "CO" (our organization is weird, I have never met the person except for a 15 minute VTC interview from overseas) said that I could be released at the end of my tour. I immediately pushed back on it when I realized that was what she had said and I have the support of my local leadership (again, odd organization as my local leaders are the same paygrade with more years = "senior"), but high probability it would not be until late in the process.

Fortunately my replacement has also been identified already, so if I were to bounce in the summer of 22 I could get on an SVTC with them and do passdown remotely.

PringleMan

Also, back on topic, the Dashboard for the week was posted so I doubt we are going to see any other results.

The change we care about this week was for INTEL 18300 to drop by 39 maximum kits for the year, so I would anticipate that we are going to see around that many selectees. If that is the case, then looking at the number on the at-board list (not anticipating board transfers) then it would be a tad over 20%, which makes sense with the CW and Oceano boards. By numbers, CW was about 30% of the at-board list, but that includes the transfer-in selectees.

When all the boards have posted I will go back and do a post-analysis of how many people that applied to the IWC in general this board were selected regardless of what designator they chose, excluding those picked up by other communities.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Murphy's law and Karma.

Also most AD getting selected right now are just having "FY22" as their OCS dates, and my "CO" (our organization is weird, I have never met the person except for a 15 minute VTC interview from overseas) said that I could be released at the end of my tour. I immediately pushed back on it when I realized that was what she had said and I have the support of my local leadership (again, odd organization as my local leaders are the same paygrade with more years = "senior"), but high probability it would not be until late in the process.

Fortunately my replacement has also been identified already, so if I were to bounce in the summer of 22 I could get on an SVTC with them and do passdown remotely.
They try and get those selected to OCS within 6 months, sometimes it goes up to a year.

PringleMan

They try and get those selected to OCS within 6 months, sometimes it goes up to a year.
Yea, but COVID has reduced the number and size of classes and COVID continues to screw up everything. I am usually a very optimistic person, but in this case I am going to be pretty pessimistic regarding my immediate future. I am not even very confident in my package for 1830 anyways.

NevarYalnal

Also, back on topic, the Dashboard for the week was posted so I doubt we are going to see any other results.

The change we care about this week was for INTEL 18300 to drop by 39 maximum kits for the year, so I would anticipate that we are going to see around that many selectees. If that is the case, then looking at the number on the at-board list (not anticipating board transfers) then it would be a tad over 20%, which makes sense with the CW and Oceano boards. By numbers, CW was about 30% of the at-board list, but that includes the transfer-in selectees.

When all the boards have posted I will go back and do a post-analysis of how many people that applied to the IWC in general this board were selected regardless of what designator they chose, excluding those picked up by other communities.
based on the dashboard it looks like there's only 6 intel slots left, does this mean that's all the march board will select?