• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

Nadmik

Hello all,

I was hoping to inquire some information regarding the SCI pre-screening. I am active duty so I do not have a recruiter to assist me through this process. I was instructed by Mr. Celestin to get with my region SSO and complete the "SSO NAVY REV 1.1 JAN 2017." This form was foreign to my Command's security manager, as she mostly deals with medical personnel who usually do not require this type of clearance. If this form is accessible to the public, where can it be found? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Very Respectfully,

Kim

Hello all,

I was hoping to inquire some information regarding the SCI pre-screening. I am active duty so I do not have a recruiter to assist me through this process. I was instructed by Mr. Celestin to get with my region SSO and complete the "SSO NAVY REV 1.1 JAN 2017." This form was foreign to my Command's security manager, as she mostly deals with medical personnel who usually do not require this type of clearance. If this form is accessible to the public, where can it be found? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Very Respectfully,

Kim
PM me your navy email if you have not heard anything.

Dozier22

TLADY22
The new schedule should be out soon, from previous years expect a due date somewhere in May give or take a few weeks.

CWE might not do an at board list as that is a designator that will do actual interviews, if you are civilian your recruiter will probably get info that you are set up for an interview or have been declined, if you are AD you will either hear you have an interview or not hear back at all.

CWE has a limited number of degrees they will accept and only from a specific list of schools, did you or your recruiter verify your degree and school was on the list?
I was not aware that they accepted degrees from specific schools.

CWO_change

I was not aware that they accepted degrees from specific schools.

I wasn't tracking either, but exNavyOffRec is absolutely correct.

"A four-year degree is required to work as a Cyber Warfare Engineer. Candidates seeking an Officer position in this community must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from one of the more than 150 National Security Agency (NSA) Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE). "

Here is a site with a more concrete list of schools: https://www.caecommunity.org/cae-institution-map

In many ways, the list seems arbitrary and schools that you know would prepare candidates well are not on the list, likely because they chose to not partner with the NSA (e.g. no CalTech, no Cornell, no MIT, etc.). If the CWE community really keeps people from schools with top rated STEM schools from joining because these schools aren't an NSA CAE, then something seems wrong with the process. I have to have the wrong list as it would seem insane that certain schools that are not on that list wouldn't be authorized.

Last edited:

Nickflynn24

Hi All,

I am an active duty member that was selected on this board. My command is not letting me leave until my PRD in November. I am trying to figure out how to get an OCS class date, but Mr. Celestin has not gotten back to me. Does anyone have a point of contact for the program manager or someone else who can shed some light on this? Much appreciated

zarevich

You will get an FY-22 class, schedule for those hasn’t come out yet so you will just have to wait until that schedule is out. Your command sent an email to Celestine letting him know when is your earliest date to leave and he will go by that. Unless you are getting close to your age I don’t think there is anything you can do, or have to do until you get your final selection letter with your OCS date.

I have a random question, If I was selected for two designators is my Commanding Officer supposed to send an email stating which designator I chose or how does that work? I am just curious as to why I do not have a class date from when I was chose for the Nov 20 Intel board.

exNavyOffRec

I have a random question, If I was selected for two designators is my Commanding Officer supposed to send an email stating which designator I chose or how does that work? I am just curious as to why I do not have a class date from when I was chose for the Nov 20 Intel board.
unless you notify NRC that you want one specific designator over another you will automatically be processed for your highest choice that you were selected for.

There could be several reasons you don't have a class date yet as well, but those reason could vary depending on if Intel was listed number 1 or the other designator was listed number 1.

Intel was my number 1 but I am assuming my Commanding Officer chose that once I was selected. He is out of the office and I was just trying to exhaust resources before I ask him directly. I have already completed my pre questionnaire for the TS/SCI and it was approved so I do not believe that is the reason. The main reason I am concerned is all of the civilians applying for the most recent board have already received class dates. Looking at the quotas on ENTRS there are plenty left. We are suppose to deploy this year and I would rather not go if I am unable to fly off due to COVID. Do you know the process for placing students in class? or is it just random?

exNavyOffRec

Intel was my number 1 but I am assuming my Commanding Officer chose that once I was selected. He is out of the office and I was just trying to exhaust resources before I ask him directly. I have already completed my pre questionnaire for the TS/SCI and it was approved so I do not believe that is the reason. The main reason I am concerned is all of the civilians applying for the most recent board have already received class dates. Looking at the quotas on ENTRS there are plenty left. We are suppose to deploy this year and I would rather not go if I am unable to fly off due to COVID. Do you know the process for placing students in class? or is it just random?
The CO doesn't choose for you, it is strictly based on your preferences, if you don't say I don't want my highest choice you are processed for it, if you do say I don't want my highest choice but XXX instead then you will be process for XXX.

Just because there are spots in the system doesn't mean there are really spots available, there is an excel sheet they work off of prior to putting names in the system.

1. It depends on when the CO said you can be released, Paul can tell you that.
  2. It depends on follow on class dates.
  3. It depends on what designators are a higher priority than you, in general the classes that start in late June through July are heavy on nukes.
  4. if FY 22 you could end up getting sent for and OCS July 2021 to June 2022, that is why finding out when the command said they could release you is important.

There are other factors I am sure that are more behind the scenes.

Yeah my date was FY22 and my Commanding Officer said I am eligible for the earliest class. I am assuming it has something to do with the follow on school. I certainly appreciate it Sir.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah my date was FY22 and my Commanding Officer said I am eligible for the earliest class. I am assuming it has something to do with the follow on school. I certainly appreciate it Sir.
Stay in contact with Paul Celestine, he should be able to provide good insight.