• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

PringleMan

I've been in the navy 15 years, hurry up and wait is a way of life.

I had the pleasure of being the executive YN for my command for about 9 months, I can't even recall the number of times at the beginning that I would come in to hand something critical to skipper while he was on the phone and he would just tell me to hang out in his waiting area for a second while he finished his call. Phone hangs up, I pop my head in after a minute or two, he is writing a quick email and tells me he will be just another second. 10 minutes later I poke my head in again and he would just go "Ah crap, sorry YN3 (at the time), I totally forgot about you..."

After a month of that I sat down with him and we reinvisioned our workplace protocol, so that I could just walk in without addressing him and drop the folder with a note on it in the middle of his desk and other to-do items in his inbox unless he was in a face to face meeting. By then he had told me to quit coming to attention for him too, as long as I had fresh coffee in the pot. He said I made him tired jumping up all the time like that haha

Last edited:

Takami86

I had the pleasure of being the executive YN for my command for about 9 months, I can't even recall the number of times at the beginning that I would come in to hand something critical to skipper while he was on the phone and he would just tell me to hang out in his waiting area for a second while he finished his call. Phone hangs up, I pop my head in after a minute or two, he is writing a quick email and tells me he will be just another second. 10 minutes later I poke my head in again and he would just go "Ah crap, sorry YN2, I totally forgot about you..."

After a month of that I sat down with him and we reinvisioned our workplace protocol, so that I could just walk in without addressing him and drop the folder with a note on it in the middle of his desk and other to-do items in his inbox unless he was in a face to face meeting. By then he had told me to quit coming to attention for him too, as long as I had fresh coffee in the pot. He said I made him tired jumping up all the time like that haha
I remember one of my CO'S would have a tendency to say " I made a dumb mistake can you help me" or "I'm such an idiot" and I'm was always like how do you respond to that? So many things happening sometime I think about something 2 days after it's passed and I'm like damn it I wanted to go to that....

jetphiltx

My wife predicted we'll probably hear something Thursday, so if we don't then I'm holding her feet to the fire. Y'all message me for more sound marriage advice.

Takami86

My wife predicted we'll probably hear something Thursday, so if we don't then I'm holding her feet to the fire. Y'all message me for more sound marriage advice.
My wife predicted once i schedule everything for my move , we will find out, so blame me guys once I do that they will come.

jetphiltx

My wife predicted once i schedule everything for my move , we will find out, so blame me guys once I do that they will come.

Fair nuff At least we have plenty of blame to go around for the delay or any possible future hold-ups, too. I have a good feeling about this week, so let's see how it goes.