• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

PringleMan

Average of BS and MA
Where does it say that? All of the program authorizations say that a graduate GPA supersedes an undergraduate GPA.

I have always been curious where that comes from because I have not seen that in the documentation, but I just assumed that I overlooked it.

a_piece_of_fish

Speaking of graduate GPAs, does anyone know how the board members look at the High Pass, Pass, or Low Pass grades for graduate school in terms of numbers? Is there some kind of numerical conversion or is it just more HP = better GPA?

NevarYalnal

Speaking of graduate GPAs, does anyone know how the board members look at the High Pass, Pass, or Low Pass grades for graduate school in terms of numbers? Is there some kind of numerical conversion or is it just more HP = better GPA?
Wouldn't your OR have already done the GPA conversion? Did your transcript just list HP/P etc instead of a letter grade or numerical score?

exNavyOffRec

Where does it say that? All of the program authorizations say that a graduate GPA supersedes an undergraduate GPA.

I have always been curious where that comes from because I have not seen that in the documentation, but I just assumed that I overlooked it.

That is for qualification to submit, if the min GPA was 2.5 and you had a BA with a 2.4 then you aren't qualified, but then you earn a MA and get a 3.0 then you are qualified to submit, but then the average GPA would be about a 2.6 on the GPA calculation sheet.

exNavyOffRec

I encountered this just a few times, we contacted NRC and the guidance at the time was if the class was not passed use a 0 if the class was passed to use a 3.0 they did not differentiate between a "high pass" and a "pass".

BasketballisLife

That is for qualification to submit, if the min GPA was 2.5 and you had a BA with a 2.4 then you aren't qualified, but then you earn a MA and get a 3.0 then you are qualified to submit, but then the average GPA would be about a 2.6 on the GPA calculation sheet.
@PringleMan Yeah he's right. I cleared this up with Mr. Celestine. I was looking at my package info on PRIDE MOD and noticed that on the "profile cover sheet" my calculated masters GPA was lower than what was put on my grad school transcripts. It was because my undergrad GPA was a little lower and is weighted more, thus my overall (BA + MA) calculated GPA was lower than what was shown on my grad school transcripts. But you are right regarding the authorization, the masters will supersede and make you eligible for the board; both GPA's are just calculated together unfortunately.

Triumph_MAC

@PringleMan Yeah he's right. I cleared this up with Mr. Celestine. I was looking at my package info on PRIDE MOD and noticed that on the "profile cover sheet" my calculated masters GPA was lower than what was put on my grad school transcripts. It was because my undergrad GPA was a little lower and is weighted more, thus my overall (BA + MA) calculated GPA was lower than what was shown on my grad school transcripts. But you are right regarding the authorization, the masters will supersede and make you eligible for the board; both GPA's are just calculated together unfortunately.
You can see your package on Pride Mod?

a_piece_of_fish

Wouldn't your OR have already done the GPA conversion? Did your transcript just list HP/P etc instead of a letter grade or numerical score?
I believe my OR may have done that a while ago but for the life of me, I can't remember how she did it. My transcript just uses that lettering system instead of numbers for grades. It seems kind of wonky on second thought.

NevarYalnal

I believe my OR may have done that a while ago but for the life of me, I can't remember how she did it. My transcript just uses that lettering system instead of numbers for grades. It seems kind of wonky on second thought.
from my brief google-fu seems like they sort of match up to letter grades, depending on how many categories there are. i.e. if you have various degrees of pass along with honors and fail then you get Honors/HP/P/LP/Fail equiv to A/B/C/D/F. some schools actually give you the conversion, like the Yale School of Nursing: https://nursing.yale.edu/admissions...ar/grading-system-and-definitions-honors-high

exNavyOffRec

from my brief google-fu seems like they sort of match up to letter grades, depending on how many categories there are. i.e. if you have various degrees of pass along with honors and fail then you get Honors/HP/P/LP/Fail equiv to A/B/C/D/F. some schools actually give you the conversion, like the Yale School of Nursing: https://nursing.yale.edu/admissions...ar/grading-system-and-definitions-honors-high

What @a_piece_of_fish should do is contact his school to see if they have a reference sheet that can be supplied to the NRD who can then do the conversion and send all that info up to NRC, otherwise NRC will just go with what they have done before, which may not be ideal, or it may?

Seeing this link I can see why they used a 3.0 for a Pass