• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

jetphiltx

In their case, Avmar was already given an OCS date but even their OR didn't know what designator it was for. We were able to figure out which of the two because of the CW list that was posted, they were on the non-select part of the CW list. Therefore if they have an OCS date and they were not a CW they must be an IP.

Since Avmar only applied for 2 designators, then it was a simple process of elimination, gotcha. Of course, some of us automatically think this OCS update for Avmar impacts the selection list at large, but it doesn't seem like it's the case. Here's to hoping for good news this week!

tddubb

Has anyone heard of an age waiver for OCS? I had my package expedited to be part of the November board because it was believed that the board results would come out in time for me to be part of the Jan. 3 class, and I could commission by my 42nd birthday (in April). That obviously didn't happen. But I'm wondering now if I can still commission if I am accepted when the results do come out. Anyone have any idea? Give it to me blunt. I can take it haha

Triumph_MAC

Has anyone heard of an age waiver for OCS? I had my package expedited to be part of the November board because it was believed that the board results would come out in time for me to be part of the Jan. 3 class, and I could commission by my 42nd birthday (in April). That obviously didn't happen. But I'm wondering now if I can still commission if I am accepted when the results do come out. Anyone have any idea? Give it to me blunt. I can take it haha
Age waivers do get granted on a case by case basis. I had one approved for aviation however, an approved age waiver only means your package will be reviewed by the board, it doesn't mean you will be selected. It's a little different applying for an age waiver from the civilian side versus Active duty. I would get with your OR and discuss the memo that needs to be submitted in the instance you aren't selected from the November board. Did you confirm that your name was on the "at board" list for November that was posted in the earlier pages of this thread?

tddubb

Age waivers do get granted on a case by case basis. I had one approved for aviation however, an approved age waiver only means your package will be reviewed by the board, it doesn't mean you will be selected. It's a little different applying for an age waiver from the civilian side versus Active duty. I would get with your OR and discuss the memo that needs to be submitted in the instance you aren't selected from the November board. Did you confirm that your name was on the "at board" list for November that was posted in the earlier pages of this thread?
yes, my name is on the at-board list. The waiver I signed was to ensure that my package could make it to the only board that would conclude in time for me to class up on January 3 (if selected). Since it didn't conclude in time, I'm wondering whether or not this guarantees that I'm outa luck.

Triumph_MAC

yes, my name is on the at-board list. The waiver I signed was to ensure that my package could make it to the only board that would conclude in time for me to class up on January 3 (if selected). Since it didn't conclude in time, I'm wondering whether or not this guarantees that I'm outa luck.
That's a good question, I would imagine that was taken into account with the board. @exNavyOffRec may have a good answer for you.

Worked on our spreadsheet trying to break it up by AD and civilian. If you are prior but currently no AD please let me know so I can fix your listing. Also when you get work back that you are picked up please be sure to update that as well. Thanks!

What does the two GPA with a forward slash in between mean?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Average of BS and MA
Just not a 1:1 comparison. It will be quality points / total credit hours, so the Bachelors will weigh more than the Masters. An easy calculation would be count the Bachelors twice and the Masters once and divide by 3, that will be close to what it would typically be.