• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

zarevich

so there are only 2 people for SWO Oceano at board list, none on an OCS class but they could be Active Duty. Makes sense for their results to be out already to be honest. I will check for some IP/Intel names.

zarevich

There are a few names that were assigned a class date on 01/15/21 that applied for Intel and IP. If like SWO, results might be out early or mid February.

avmar

I am a little confused. Why would they assign people an OCS class date before releasing the results from the board? Also, if any of us happen to be one of those assigned an OCS class date, how would we know? Lastly, if someone has been assigned an OCS class date, that implies that they have already been accepted by the board, correct?

Takami86

I am a little confused. Why would they assign people an OCS class date before releasing the results from the board? Also, if any of us happen to be one of those assigned an OCS class date, how would we know? Lastly, if someone has been assigned an OCS class date, that implies that they have already been accepted by the board, correct?
There's a few factors that play into that, but yes those who have class dates should be prorec already, however the active duty folks won't have a class date until they get officially notified because the class dates are worked out after notification. I have checked some of this and different boards have received different treatment so its hard to base one board off what happens on another board.

Terminader

Just wanted some clarification. So I got a Pro Rec-Y for the 09NOV SWO board but only have a FY21 OCS time, not an exact date. I asked my recruiter about if this is because I'm on two boards and depends on if I end up selecting my first choice (Oceano) on this board, but I'm not sure I got a clear answer from him. He said it has something to do with balancing the classes between all the different designators. My question is, would my OCS date be dependent on the outcome of this board?

Sorry if something similar has been answered before already.

zarevich

I’m not sure, but my guess would be that they would assign you an OCS date so that once you graduate you can start your IWC pipeline as soon as possible. Example: your first IWC school starts in September, it wouldn’t make sense to place you in March OCS date and have you wait 6months for you to start IWC school. It would make sense for them to wait for Oceano results if that was your first choice.

Terminader

I’m not sure, but my guess would be that they would assign you an OCS date so that once you graduate you can start your IWC pipeline as soon as possible. Example: your first IWC school starts in September, it wouldn’t make sense to place you in March OCS date and have you wait 6months for you to start IWC school. It would make sense for them to wait for Oceano results if that was your first choice.
I see. So in a sense, I feel like I would have two possible OCS dates being lined up for me then. One for if I get a Pro Rec-Y for Oceano and one for if I decide to go with SWO, assuming they're really trying to balance the classes and time it with the post-OCS training.

zarevich

I think that if you do not get selected for Oceano, your recruiter may have to just email them with a date that you would like to attend OCS (just like active duty people) or 2 dates like you mentioned.

zarevich

Seems like a lot of people for either IWC are getting signed up for 05/30/21 OCS date, most were assigned on or after 01/15/21 as well