• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

exNavyOffRec

I wonder if they were posted early because they only had a few people selected and it was a fast process to approve those people and release the results.
It is possible that is the reason, in the past we had heard that the Oceano applications were reviewed only by Oceano's due to it being a tiny community, if that is the case then they could have reviewed picked and sent back. It could also be that they need an Oceano to ship fast so they pushed those through first to get FINSEL out.

Or it could be the GS-5 doing the results started putting them up and then was distracted for a few days lol

Takami86

It is possible that is the reason, in the past we had heard that the Oceano applications were reviewed only by Oceano's due to it being a tiny community, if that is the case then they could have reviewed picked and sent back. It could also be that they need an Oceano to ship fast so they pushed those through first to get FINSEL out.

Or it could be the GS-5 doing the results started putting them up and then was distracted for a few days lol
Let's hope it's the second one for our sake

BasketballisLife

Good Afternoon All and Happy Friday,

So I currently work out in Millington, and a friend of mine who works for one of the flags (in Millington) sent me the following text earlier (in gray) today regarding the Nov IWC boards (see attached photos).

He stated "they are still making selections and looking like right now the results won't be available until June." My guess is that perhaps he misunderstood OR he meant that people won't be shipping to OCS from this board until June. I'm really hoping that is what he meant. It would really suck if we had to wait 6-7 months for board results. I sent a follow up question via text for clarification but I don't think he noticed it and I don't want to bug him too much at the moment. When I go to work Tuesday I plan to stop by his office and get more details.

I hate to be the guy to add to the rumor mill but I was hoping that someone familiar with the boards could speak on this such as @exNavyOffRec ? Has anyone seen boards take 6-7 months for results to drop? Is there any sort of instruction regarding how long board members can take to release results? I'm just feeling a little bit pressed at the moment because I plan to submit for Supply and SWO if I get rejected; unfortunately I can't send in another application until this board finishes. If I have to wait until June I'll just suck it up but I was just wondering if a 6-7 month wait ever happens?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 45
  • screenshot (1).jpg
    screenshot (1).jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 45

Triumph_MAC

So I currently work out in Millington, and a friend of mine who works for one of the flags (in Millington) sent me the following text earlier (in gray) today regarding the Nov IWC boards (see attached photos).

He stated "they are still making selections and looking like right now the results won't be available until June." My guess is that perhaps he misunderstood OR he meant that people won't be shipping to OCS from this board until June. I'm really hoping that is what he meant. It would really suck if we had to wait 6-7 months for board results. I sent a follow up question via text for clarification but I don't think he noticed it and I don't want to bug him too much at the moment. When I go to work Tuesday I plan to stop by his office and get more details.

I hate to be the guy to add to the rumor mill but I was hoping that someone familiar with the boards could speak on this such as @exNavyOffRec ? Has anyone seen boards take 6-7 months for results to drop? Is there any sort of instruction regarding how long board members can take to release results? I'm just feeling a little bit pressed at the moment because I plan to submit for Supply and SWO if I get rejected; unfortunately I can't send in another application until this board finishes. If I have to wait until June I'll just suck it up but I was just wondering if a 6-7 month wait ever happens?
I would say you are right about the mistake in your contacts typing. He probably meant they are still filling seats at OCS with ship dates being June. The individual was probably on their way to start the weekend and responded post hast.

Takami86

I sure hope not, that would suck!

BasketballisLife

That can't be right, especially after waiting for this board so long.
As of now it's hearsay. I'm sure he either typed it wrong or he misunderstood the information. I will follow up with him Tuesday. My point of posting that was because I was curious of the "max-length" for board results to take...

NevarYalnal

As of now it's hearsay. I'm sure he either typed it wrong or he misunderstood the information. I will follow up with him Tuesday. My point of posting that was because I was curious of the "max-length" for board results to take...
i mean if they were going to do that they might as well combine the nov and march boards together on that timeline.

exNavyOffRec

There is only 1 flag at NRC, no other flags have or would have part of the IWC board, any info they have would be second or third hand, when it comes to boards the Director of OCS accessions is the one that handles everything, he basically slides a paper in front of the 1 star and he signs it.

The Director and the PM are really the only ones that would know the status until they give it to the 1 star to sign for release.

CWO_change

For what it's worth, I'm told that the Naval Academy did not let fully medically qualified midshipmen go into CW this past year (I assume that was due to the reduced size OCS classes, which increased the need for URL officers), which probably means that there is a better chance for OCS CW graduates to get direct support orders and get their tactical tour out of the way early.