• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

zarevich

Did you not check the at board list?
Wasn't on the list because I was waiting on OAR waiver that I submitted 3 weeks prior to the board meet (if they met on the 30th). I ended up not asking about waiver status nor if my package made it to the board but instead decided to just wait for the results.

PringleMan

Id say for the waiver section in caps write PREVIOUSLY (DE) SELECTED 1810. Either. Anyone familiar to the forum will know. For GPA it should have both so others can see how important a solid package can be it when you get selected again(see what I did there?) All voluntary though, just to help others that come after us.
I added my bits with the data that makes sense to my YN brain for abbreviations. REALLY a SIPR or at least a watered down PM topic that is more than this thread needs though.

PringleMan

Wasn't on the list because I was waiting on OAR waiver that I submitted 3 weeks prior to the board meet (if they met on the 30th). I ended up not asking about waiver status nor if my package made it to the board but instead decided to just wait for the results.

If your name was not on the list posted, then I am sorry to say you did not make this board. That list came straight from the Officer Accessions USN sharepoint (unified website).

My recommendation would be to hit up your recruiter NOW and start working on the next board. Be pushy. Their job is to bring in officers, and right now you are a civilian. You are a "sir" to them at the moment. They will respond to your WANT to be in the USN. Ask to be CCed on Emails. Keep copies of your emails with them. If you see posts on here about at-board lists, poke them about it. Just remember to maintain a proper mode of address when contacting them.

zarevich

If your name was not on the list posted, then I am sorry to say you did not make this board. That list came straight from the Officer Accessions USN sharepoint (unified website).

My recommendation would be to hit up your recruiter NOW and start working on the next board. Be pushy. Their job is to bring in officers, and right now you are a civilian. You are a "sir" to them at the moment. They will respond to your WANT to be in the USN. Ask to be CCed on Emails. Keep copies of your emails with them. If you see posts on here about at-board lists, poke them about it. Just remember to maintain a proper mode of address when contacting them.
It's all good. My name was not on the list for SWO either because I needed to update some paper work and I ended up being picked up for it. As long as your package was submitted before deadline and all your paper works/waivers are approved before the board convenes, your package will be in it even if your name was not At the board list.

PringleMan

It's all good. My name was not on the list for SWO either because I needed to update some paper work and I ended up being picked up for it. As long as your package was submitted before deadline and all your paper works/waivers are approved before the board convenes, your package will be in it even if your name was not At the board list.

Wait wait wait back up, I am confused. So you were approved for SWO but not for the IWC? And Not approved for IWC because of an OAR waiver, or were there other items?

zarevich

Wait wait wait back up, I am confused. So you were approved for SWO but not for the IWC? And Not approved for IWC because of an OAR waiver, or were there other items?
My waiver was only for IWC, not sure if it was approved or not, that is why I am waiting on the results to come out just to see if my name is anywhere there. I submitted my package 02OCT (which was the deadline for SWO), Mr. Celestine emailed back saying I was missing my naturalization document and needed my CO's endorsement for the OAR Waiver which was submitted in November (3weeks prior to the board meet). Because of the missing document and waiver, I was not on At board list for both designators I applied for but still was selected for SWO. Right now I am just waiting for IWC results.

zarevich

What command are you at that does not use SIPR at all? I mean JWICS is one thing, but you will probably be the first unit I have ever heard of that does not at least have SIPR in some capacity.
Most sailors don's use SIPR or have access to it, mostly NIPR unless you are CT/IS/IT or other intel rate. I did not use SIPR until I started working at NSW command and that was my 7th year mark in the Navy.

exNavyOffRec

Most sailors don's use SIPR or have access to it, mostly NIPR unless you are CT/IS/IT or other intel rate. I did not use SIPR until I started working at NSW command and that was my 7th year mark in the Navy.
correct, I had SIPR access and used it only a few times, I knew MCPO's that in 20 plus years of service never used it, while I knew YN's that used it from checking in on their first command.

PringleMan

(Was a half-joke, as there is usually at least one person at a unit with SIPR due to unit movements being an S//NF subject)