• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

PringleMan

In some very specific circumstances you can get the CM for a designator to waive that 6 month wait, but there need to be pretty strong reasons and it would only be for that specific designator.

This is what happened for me for this board after I was de-selected after the previous board, where the 1830 CM agreed to see my package at this board if I could turn around and resubmit it in time (with less than a week to do so).

RFLanes

In some very specific circumstances you can get the CM for a designator to waive that 6 month wait, but there need to be pretty strong reasons and it would only be for that specific designator.

This is what happened for me for this board after I was de-selected after the previous board, where the 1830 CM agreed to see my package at this board if I could turn around and resubmit it in time (with less than a week to do so).
So you were not able to submit for reconsideration within the 6-Month window without approval from the OCM of the specific designator? Is that the case for all reconsiderations within that timeframe, or is it only if you haven’t had any significant changes to your package?

PringleMan

So you were not able to submit for reconsideration within the 6-Month window without approval from the OCM of the specific designator? Is that the case for all reconsiderations within that timeframe, or is it only if you haven’t had any significant changes to your package?

That would be if you did not have significant changes in your package. It may have also been something of a drug deal as that came about as a result of my CAPT calling and talking to him for a while.

exNavyOffRec

He is in a once in a million situation as the board had already said he was good enough to be in the community, that is different than a person who was just rejected a few weeks prior.

dimes05

That is not that hard, just call your detailer and tell them you are pending results. They are going to have to Ord-Mod you anyways if you get selected as they are not going to PCS you prior to going to OCS.
Not saying it is hard just more of a pain. I have already extended a month but due to covid mitigations and ROM that extension only held me for 2 weeks.

cario1818

Cheers everyone!
I have a question that I would love some info on. I applied to both swo board and this board. I got selected for swo and now waiting the results of this board. Looks like my name is on the at-board list for this board. Is it possible to get selected by two boards? or is the person automatically denied by subsequent boards once they are selected by one? Any thoughts on this?

NevarYalnal

Cheers everyone!
I have a question that I would love some info on. I applied to both swo board and this board. I got selected for swo and now waiting the results of this board. Looks like my name is on the at-board list for this board. Is it possible to get selected by two boards? or is the person automatically denied by subsequent boards once they are selected by one? Any thoughts on this?
you can definitely get selected by more than one board, look at the swo board spreadsheet, people were selected for SNA/NFO and SWO

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Cheers everyone!
I think if you get selected for your number one pick, that's the one you will go to. So for example of your last pick was swo and your first pick was Intel. And you got selected for all 3 you would go Intel. But dont quote me that's just what I've been hearing

Triumph_MAC

I think if you get selected for your number one pick, that's the one you will go to. So for example of your last pick was swo and your first pick was Intel. And you got selected for all 3 you would go Intel. But dont quote me that's just what I've been hearing
I concur with this theory.

zarevich

I would think a person could choose from any of the 3 picks if selected for all. Some people don’t even know they are able to choose top 3 designators (remember reading about it from somebody). I don’t know the facts though and this is just my opinion.

exNavyOffRec

I would think a person could choose from any of the 3 picks if selected for all. Some people don’t even know they are able to choose top 3 designators (remember reading about it from somebody). I don’t know the facts though and this is just my opinion.

In general what happens if you have 3 picks, say Supply, Intel, and SWO. If SWO meets first and you are a Y then you would be seen by the other boards, if Supply met first and you were a Y AND NRC had not sent the list to Intel and SWO then you would be pulled from those boards, if however it had already been sent to those boards then it would be reviewed and then if you were to get a Y for those you could pick, or you are supposed to but sometimes NRD's do things they should not.

Takami86

In general what happens if you have 3 picks, say Supply, Intel, and SWO. If SWO meets first and you are a Y then you would be seen by the other boards, if Supply met first and you were a Y AND NRC had not sent the list to Intel and SWO then you would be pulled from those boards, if however it had already been sent to those boards then it would be reviewed and then if you were to get a Y for those you could pick, or you are supposed to but sometimes NRD's do things they should not.
Makes sense, I just hate the wait! I want to know already.