• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
Pcola04/30 said:
RumorBuster,

I am getting ready to finish up API and I am headed to corpus....I have heard two rumors that I was hoping you could comment on:

1. The navy training pipeline is SNA heavy to the tune of 150 extra bodies that the Navy has to make go away.

-If 150 people need to go away and 150 people dont 'help' the Navy out of this situation**Read..do something stupid to get kicked out, DUI etc.** Does the Navy have a historical precedent or current intention of trimming the fat regardless of how a student is doing in training (were sorry ENS Jones, we realize that your grades are great and you seem to be doing fine...BUT alas there is just not room for you...or something to that effect)

2. The advanced pipelines are so full that the primary squadrons have been told to slow the outflow of students to allow the follow on training commands time to catch up.

-If I report to corpus in a couple of weeks is a three month wait a possibility before I begin training.

Thanks for the input....sorry about the long post. :eek:
Pcola,

The navy is trimming away as we speak. But it is limited to the guys who are attrited or NPQ right now. So just do your best and it will be fine. Keep in mind my info is only accurate the minute that I post it. The world can change in the next minute. As far as the 3 month wait, don't sweat it. Keep in mind what you are after,,,, believe me "Its worth the wait".... Keep the faith....Just go Jets...

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
jake grafton said:
Rumor Buster,
I selected at the beginning of the year, got Kingsville and was just told my new class date is November/December time frame, it's changed about 5 times already. Aboout a ten month wait, I'll wait ten years for jets, I'm just worried about getting sent to another platform. Also, I'm curious about why guys selecting the same week as me (with lower NSS's) are already classed up in Meridian, can I get a base change?
Thanks in advance.

don't worry, we're all stuck here together

come join the fun in the IFT :sleep_125

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Atleast get some OFT time or Trunk rides. The IFT's are painful. Glad I dont have to get in one again.

petescheu

RB-
Any word on the drop coming up for the July winging? I have a good friend who is a little worried there might not be any Rhino slots b/c it's end of FY. Also, how will the really bad CQ qual rate (due to the wx) on the Lincoln affect the drop for the winging, if at all?
Thanks a bunch.

sjc

RumorBuster said:
The navy is trimming away as we speak. But it is limited to the guys who are attrited or NPQ right now.
Hi all, I'm new to the board. Just curious about attrites and NPQ's.... If someone does fairly will through training but gets attrited for something Tacair specific (boat, ACM, etc.), are they able to transfer to a different pipeline? Along those same lines, what about a person who gets NPQ'd for something jet specific, can they transfer?

Thanks.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
sjc said:
Hi all, I'm new to the board. Just curious about attrites and NPQ's.... If someone does fairly will through training but gets attrited for something Tacair specific (boat, ACM, etc.), are they able to transfer to a different pipeline? Along those same lines, what about a person who gets NPQ'd for something jet specific, can they transfer?

Thanks.

not really, even though there was a P-3 transition from an attrite from here a month ago, but don't expect that to happen again anytime soon

at the moment, you leave advanced with anything but wings, you won't be flying anything else

petescheu

RB-
Know it only happened Monday, but any talk with the higher ups up there in TW-1 about speeding up the SAS integration after the little incident that occured up there with the solo? With all the accidents already, this one seems to cap it off... makes you wonder if someone has to get killed first before they accelerate the program.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
sjc- they seem to be trying very hard to get people transitions, it just doesn't always work out. In the last 6 months in Kingsville, I know of 4 people who were attrited or NPQ'd from Kingsville and got P-3 transitions.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
smittyrunr said:
sjc- they seem to be trying very hard to get people transitions, it just doesn't always work out. In the last 6 months in Kingsville, I know of 4 people who were attrited or NPQ'd from Kingsville and got P-3 transitions.
That is interesting to hear, we sat through a number of briefs last year, saying that P3 transitions were history for the time being, with the reduction in the number of pilots in P3 squadrons... Not to mention the upstream requirements to bring in senior S3 personnel...

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
shoo24 said:
RB-
Know it only happened Monday, but any talk with the higher ups up there in TW-1 about speeding up the SAS integration after the little incident that occured up there with the solo? With all the accidents already, this one seems to cap it off... makes you wonder if someone has to get killed first before they accelerate the program.

They've got a memo or something posted in the stud ready room up here from the CO of the Training Command that says he's shifting funds from other projects to fund an increase of the number of planes fitted with the SASS each month beginning early next year. He's bumping it up from something like 4/month to 10 or so....can't recall the exact numbers. The memo gave me a warm and fuzzy though...seems like he's just as concerned about it as we all are.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
That is interesting to hear, we sat through a number of briefs last year, saying that P3 transitions were history for the time being, with the reduction in the number of pilots in P3 squadrons... Not to mention the upstream requirements to bring in senior S3 personnel...

Interesting, yes, although 4 people over the course of six months doesn't mean much when they've drafted P-3s out of Primary the last 3-4 ish weeks. In other words, it's kinda of tough to make a case for not giving transitions to someone who has trouble with ACM or the boat.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
shoo24 said:
RB-
It is being accelerated........Starting very soon.....

petescheu

RB-
Word on the street is that this September winging had the last of the S-3 FRS slots. Any truth to that?
Thx
shoo

Status
Not open for further replies.