• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
mbr81 said:
Rumorbuster, this may have been touched on a little bit earlier but, when exactly do they start giving out jet slots for FY05? I would assume that it would be the first week in October, but I have heard (we all know what this usually means) that they can start giving them out earlier sometimes. Just wondering if the poor guys and gals like me who are gonna select in September have any hope of selecting strike, especially the way things seem to be heading now with next to zero slots available here and its only May. I know we shouldn't be worrying about this stuff now but its tough to keep up the motivation when we're pretty much told that were screwed right of the bat.
mbr81,

Guys now selecting have Aug report dates so I estimate guys selecting in Aug should be well into Oct.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
airwinger said:
Rumorbuster,
Sir just a couple of quick questions to keep the flow going:
1. With the lack of June and July boats at Meridian, does that mean that winging dates will get bumped back two months for everyone or just those close to CQ?
2. I've heard that Kingsville guys fly better form than Meridianites. Is this true? if so what do you think the cause is?
3.What kind of timing is acceptable in a fleet squadron as far as TOT is concerned?
Thanks for your help sir.
Airwinger,

Winging dates will slide with no boat. June is not dead yet so just take 1 day at a time.

Not sure about the form stuff. Same aircraft, you really dont use the HUD when in parade and we have more gas in the jet than they do....

As far as TOT +-30 secs is the max allowed. My goal was +- 5 secs. Please drop the "Sirs" here. We all aviators. Some have been around long enough to make more mistakes.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Eye Waiver question:

I just had an eye exam done for the sake of keeping my sanity since I feel like they get worse everyday even though they are probably the same as always. I was 20/25 right and 20/30 left, but on the cyclo I was 20/30 R and 20/40 L. My question is this, if I score in standards on the manifest, but score 20/45 or /50 on the cyclo, do they give waivers for these types of things? I have searched everywhere for an answer to this but always get a PRK waiver response. I just want to know if flat out waivers for eyesight are give to SNAs. Thanks

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
UInavy said:
RumorBuster-
We'd really appreciate any additional June boat gouge you might come across. All we're getting is what we overhear walking by the pit.
UI,

I will keep my ear to the ground.... Keep the faith...

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Ok, I read the first page of this thread and a question came to mind..far off topic and not a rumor at all, but bear with me please. What makes the Prowlers so hard to get back on the ship?

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
UInavy said:
RumorBuster-
We'd really appreciate any additional June boat gouge you might come across. All we're getting is what we overhear walking by the pit.
UI,

June boat is still a go.........

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
Ryoukai said:
Ok, I read the first page of this thread and a question came to mind..far off topic and not a rumor at all, but bear with me please. What makes the Prowlers so hard to get back on the ship?
Large/heavy acft with slow spool up time on the engines,,,and most of all, it is so ugly that the ship trys to get away........LOL

wilsonator

cancellation of jet slots

I don't want to start any riot on the forum whatsoever. But Rumorbuster, there have been a couple of rumors floating around that they are going to take some jet slots away from Navy guys who have already selected due to lack of funds. I selected Kingsville many months ago and keep finding my class date getting pushed back further and further. To complicate this even more, guys I selected with that went to Meridian have already classed up. Would it be out of the question for the Navy to Indian give our jets slots? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I'm nervous as hell.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
jake grafton said:
I don't want to start any riot on the forum whatsoever. But Rumorbuster, there have been a couple of rumors floating around that they are going to take some jet slots away from Navy guys who have already selected due to lack of funds. I selected Kingsville many months ago and keep finding my class date getting pushed back further and further. To complicate this even more, guys I selected with that went to Meridian have already classed up. Would it be out of the question for the Navy to Indian give our jets slots? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I'm nervous as hell.
Jake,
As far as I can tell you may slide but there has been no mention of taking away your slot. What is your status?

wilsonator

Rumor Buster,
I selected at the beginning of the year, got Kingsville and was just told my new class date is November/December time frame, it's changed about 5 times already. Aboout a ten month wait, I'll wait ten years for jets, I'm just worried about getting sent to another platform. Also, I'm curious about why guys selecting the same week as me (with lower NSS's) are already classed up in Meridian, can I get a base change?
Thanks in advance.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
and most of all, it is so ugly that the ship trys to get away.....

LMAO!!!!!!! Funniest thing ive read on the site in a while.....
Rumor Buster-
Thanks for taking time to answer so many questions

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
RumorBuster,

I am getting ready to finish up API and I am headed to corpus....I have heard two rumors that I was hoping you could comment on:

1. The navy training pipeline is SNA heavy to the tune of 150 extra bodies that the Navy has to make go away.

-If 150 people need to go away and 150 people dont 'help' the Navy out of this situation**Read..do something stupid to get kicked out, DUI etc.** Does the Navy have a historical precedent or current intention of trimming the fat regardless of how a student is doing in training (were sorry ENS Jones, we realize that your grades are great and you seem to be doing fine...BUT alas there is just not room for you...or something to that effect)

2. The advanced pipelines are so full that the primary squadrons have been told to slow the outflow of students to allow the follow on training commands time to catch up.

-If I report to corpus in a couple of weeks is a three month wait a possibility before I begin training.

Thanks for the input....sorry about the long post. :eek:

Rainman

pilot
What I know about eyesight

jg5343 said:
Eye Waiver question:

I just had an eye exam done for the sake of keeping my sanity since I feel like they get worse everyday even though they are probably the same as always. I was 20/25 right and 20/30 left, but on the cyclo I was 20/30 R and 20/40 L. My question is this, if I score in standards on the manifest, but score 20/45 or /50 on the cyclo, do they give waivers for these types of things? I have searched everywhere for an answer to this but always get a PRK waiver response. I just want to know if flat out waivers for eyesight are give to SNAs. Thanks

Hey . . I'm not in the medical field (no kiddin), but I enjoy testing the limits on poor eyesight in naval aviation . . (everyone needs hobbies) ..

Ya gotta have 20/40 on the API physical when you report in @ pensacola. I've heard some guys get it pretty easy (uncorrected DVA not checked too closely if you're already on paper with 20/40) and others that have weeded out. I have not heard of anybody getting a waiver. I have heard from friends that have been worse than 20/40 and gone surgery path and have waited in Pcola for all that to happen.

Once you get that upchit signed at nami/nomi whatever it is you are money to 20/100 while in flight training. .I know b/c I'm far worse than 20/40 uncorrected. Luckily radar doesn't require a prescription.

Hope that helps. . .

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
That helps a bunch, thanks. just gotta make it past that first one....

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
jake grafton said:
Rumor Buster,
I selected at the beginning of the year, got Kingsville and was just told my new class date is November/December time frame, it's changed about 5 times already. Aboout a ten month wait, I'll wait ten years for jets, I'm just worried about getting sent to another platform. Also, I'm curious about why guys selecting the same week as me (with lower NSS's) are already classed up in Meridian, can I get a base change?
Thanks in advance.
Jake,

Sorry no base change.

Status
Not open for further replies.