• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattwieand

brd2881 said:
Hey, I was just talkin to a buddy of mine in Meridian and he said something about the Marines making an error in their pilot figures and they actually have too many pilots now. I know this is just a rumor, but hell if it is this may be the place to figure out if its true or not. Its real easy to wonder if the door will be shut on you right before selection. Thanks for any input.

RummorBuster probably knows much more than this lowly SNA, but an IP from VT-2 told me about 2 weeks before my selection that if I had a 52 or higher NSS, wanted Jets, and didn't get them that I would be the first Marine in about 18 months that didn't. At this point there isn't much that you can really do about it anyway. Try to get your on-wing and class advisor to recommend you for selection to the jet pipeline in your ATJ. Good luck, hope to see you here soon! By the way, who was your on-wing? And, if you get a chance please tell LT Breen, LT Boland, MAJ Defazzio and CAPT Griffen that Matt Wieand says "hello!"

wilsonator

RB,
what's the latest on the Navy's pilot surplus problems. Has the thought of making us switch over to Marine uniforms or just attriting half of us calmed down some. I still see a stream of squids getting jet spots.

Thanks,
Jake

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Matt,
Thanks for the gouge, I just found out Thursday that I am going to Kingsville, so I pretty pumped about that. My on-wing was Lt. Castillo here in 2. I guess Marines shouldn't sweat if they want jets because out of 11 total Marine selectees this week, 8 got jets. Its also nice that we really don't have a wait, I class up Dec. 6th. I don't know if that is a blessing or a curse considering its so little time between primary and advanced. I will give all those IPs a holler for you.

mattwieand

brd2881,
CONGRATULATIONS on wingsville! Its great that you got what you wanted. And don't worry classing up sooner than later is a good thing! I had selections on the 22nd of April, checked out on the 29th checked in on the 4th of May and classed up on the 6th! Best of luck!

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
jake grafton said:
RB,
what's the latest on the Navy's pilot surplus problems. Has the thought of making us switch over to Marine uniforms or just attriting half of us calmed down some. I still see a stream of squids getting jet spots.

Thanks,
Jake
Navy to Marine transition has finished for strike. Not much lately on navy reductions I guess the war drums have gone silent for now. I will keep my ears open....

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
RB:
I've been hearing some talk about meridian being "more full" than k-rock, and that more studs are going to k-rock because of this. can you speak to it? I'm selecting on Wednesday and would like Meridian. I'm trying to get a clearer picture if putting J1 first would be good strategy if it is in fact "full".

edit: provided that the navy gods see fit blah blah blah.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
RB,

Where are you??? We did not see you at the bull fight in ol mexico! I was looking forward to a few weps gos with you.

petescheu

BTW, RB... if you are around, any word on the drop for this end of Feb winging? Any intel would be greatly appreciated!

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
EODDave said:
RB,

Where are you??? We did not see you at the bull fight in ol mexico! I was looking forward to a few weps gos with you.
Dave,

Had to come back to Meridian to take care of our fallen Marine. I come back out on Sunday.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
ENSsquid said:
RB:
I've been hearing some talk about meridian being "more full" than k-rock, and that more studs are going to k-rock because of this. can you speak to it? I'm selecting on Wednesday and would like Meridian. I'm trying to get a clearer picture if putting J1 first would be good strategy if it is in fact "full".

edit: provided that the navy gods see fit blah blah blah.
Right now K-Rock has a lower IP to stud ratio. But if you want Meridian,,,put it down. I look forward to seeing you.

petescheu

RumorBuster said:
I only have Marine. No intell on navy.

Ok thanks, no worries... should finally be gettin the gold this Friday I hope. We'll see what the Navy decides to give out.

tex9774

RB, in your experience, how do the helo-to-jet transition guys do? Have you seen many? I'm a helo guy myself and was just wondering. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.