• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Hey, I was just talkin to a buddy of mine in Meridian and he said something about the Marines making an error in their pilot figures and they actually have too many pilots now. I know this is just a rumor, but hell if it is this may be the place to figure out if its true or not. Its real easy to wonder if the door will be shut on you right before selection. Thanks for any input.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
brd2881 said:
Hey, I was just talkin to a buddy of mine in Meridian and he said something about the Marines making an error in their pilot figures and they actually have too many pilots now. I know this is just a rumor, but hell if it is this may be the place to figure out if its true or not. Its real easy to wonder if the door will be shut on you right before selection. Thanks for any input.

Jet pilots I am referring to, I haven't heard anything about helos.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I dont think so. We have two JG's going down to MATSG in Pcola to interview with the CO. This is the last interview for their packages. Wings then TBS. Oh what fun.

FlyingFortress

Flying turd
For all you Marine aviators, what does it take to get jets? Did you all have your PPL before joining? My desire is to fly jets for the MC, but anything else would be excellent too! Let me know what a determined man needs to do to get into advanced jets out P-col!

mattr

FlyingFortress said:
For all you Marine aviators, what does it take to get jets? Did you all have your PPL before joining? My desire is to fly jets for the MC, but anything else would be excellent too! Let me know what a determined man needs to do to get into advanced jets out P-col!

In the same boat....but fairly younger so who knnows what will happen in 6-8 years :eek: !

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I was wondering if anyone could describe the TS or Total System thing to me. Is it just for Navy guys or do Marines participate in this system as well?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
EVERYONE does TS now. They used to offer the Intermediate/Advanced route where the stud would fly T-2's then move up to the T-45. Now that we no longer fly T-2's in strike, everyone starts and finishes their jet training in the T-45.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
Patmack18 said:
I love how rumors go... we heard there's like 4 S-3 slots in the winds...

Bump on the SAS... any idea how long before they throw the switch?
SASS refit line starts in Jan, with 4-5 per month. But all things change...

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
brd2881 said:
There is no plan right now to decrease Marine Strike production at this time.

mattwieand

To FlyingFortress---I had no prior flight time before I went to OCS. I got a 59 NSS out of primary which was good enough to get J1 in Meridian. See my reply to brd2881.

Status
Not open for further replies.