• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future OCS Board Dates

PS1(SW/AW)

More info from current report

Supply FY13 goal made, don't expect a board anytime soon.
IP no goal for FY 13
SWO options, FY13 expect closed when April results are released

NavyOffRec,

Is this still accurate? Is there not going to be a Supply Board in Sept? Thanks in advance.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Is this still accurate? Is there not going to be a Supply Board in Sept? Thanks in advance.

No future boards have officially been cancelled, but given past experience if they have met or have exceeded goal there is no need, at this point Supply is way over goal so I couldn't see a board being held until early next year.

Sometimes boards aren't cancelled until after the deadline, or sometimes they don't cancel the board they just pro X everyone for a certain designator.

PS1(SW/AW)

No future boards have officially been cancelled, but given past experience if they have met or have exceeded goal there is no need, at this point Supply is way over goal so I couldn't see a board being held until early next year.

Sometimes boards aren't cancelled until after the deadline, or sometimes they don't cancel the board they just pro X everyone for a certain designator.

NavyRecOff,

What do you mean by Pro X everyone for certain designators? thanks in advance.

exNavyOffRec

NavyRecOff,

What do you mean by Pro X everyone for certain designators? thanks in advance.

That is what they do for a variety of reasons, a person may not meet the requirements to apply such as age, gpa, education, etc.... or it could be the application arrived after the cutoff date, or the designator has no openings and is designated as "closed".

It is a way to show your application arrived but was immediately rejected for some reason.

Angemc27

NavyOffRec,
I saw a post recently about including a DD307 form with or in place of a generic LOR? I am active duty. When I submit my package I should have LOR and LOA, I have the LOA forms. Could you provide some insight as to exactly what I need for these two pieces of the package?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
I saw a post recently about including a DD307 form with or in place of a generic LOR? I am active duty. When I submit my package I should have LOR and LOA, I have the LOA forms. Could you provide some insight as to exactly what I need for these two pieces of the package?

Active USN is a different animal you should be fine just doing what the instruction says, or ask the fleet processor.

PS1(SW/AW)

That is what they do for a variety of reasons, a person may not meet the requirements to apply such as age, gpa, education, etc.... or it could be the application arrived after the cutoff date, or the designator has no openings and is designated as "closed".

It is a way to show your application arrived but was immediately rejected for some reason.
NavyRecOff,

Thanks for the responses.

Missaleighb

Can anyone confirm the status of the upcoming Supply board, September 2012? I read on usnavyocs.com that it was cancelled... I'm not happy about that! I've been working on my application package and my recruiter hasn't said anything about that, but someone posted on the forums that they had called OCS. Is there somewhere that I can find a FY13 board schedule and does anyone know when the next Supply and SWO boards are?

exNavyOffRec

Can anyone confirm the status of the upcoming Supply board, September 2012? I read on usnavyocs.com that it was cancelled... I'm not happy about that! I've been working on my application package and my recruiter hasn't said anything about that, but someone posted on the forums that they had called OCS. Is there somewhere that I can find a FY13 board schedule and does anyone know when the next Supply and SWO boards are?

I haven't heard of it being "officially" cancelled, but everyone that submits is being "pro X" because there are no spots, this has been known for MONTHS, it has been in the status that comes out every few weeks.

The FY13 board schedule isn't out yet, but that is just when they would hope to have boards, it does not mean they will. The next SWO board is Jan 2013

Missaleighb

I'm a little frustrated but I know I'll eventually get used to the "hurry up and wait." That's what I thought about the SWO board. I read above about what the "pro x" means, but are the people that are getting "pro x" applying to the Sept. Supply board but just got everything submitted early? Also, if I was planning to apply for this Supply board but it was cancelled, and now I want it to go to the next Supply board, do I have to resubmit anything such as my reference forms (since they'll have a date of July 12 on them)? Will I need to change the dates and have my references sign them again? My recruiter is on leave for two weeks, so I'm sorry for all the questions but thank you all in advance!

exNavyOffRec

I'm a little frustrated but I know I'll eventually get used to the "hurry up and wait." That's what I thought about the SWO board. I read above about what the "pro x" means, but are the people that are getting "pro x" applying to the Sept. Supply board but just got everything submitted early? Also, if I was planning to apply for this Supply board but it was cancelled, and now I want it to go to the next Supply board, do I have to resubmit anything such as my reference forms (since they'll have a date of July 12 on them)? Will I need to change the dates and have my references sign them again? My recruiter is on leave for two weeks, so I'm sorry for all the questions but thank you all in advance!

Yes, it doesn't matter when the application was submitted, anything with the supply designator is getting pro X as they get the chance.

Well, probably yes, and I say this because they currently have more than double those waiting for billets available, if the goals were to go up the next board would be for FY14 and that would probably be April, which means you would have to redo the DD370's.

Currently for SWO if you add those FINSEL, and those pro rec yes they are over the number needed to make goal for FY13, however it is unknown how many will fall off, so SWO is not listed as closed.

NavyOffRec,

This is a bit off topic but are their certain designates that tend to have higher fall off numbers?
Do most pro recs continue to final selection? What is the primary reason those pro rec'd do not?

I am starting to think maybe I should become a recruiter based on the knowledge base you, and this site generally is giving me during my wait.

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

This is a bit off topic but are their certain designates that tend to have higher fall off numbers?
Do most pro recs continue to final selection? What is the primary reason those pro rec'd do not?

I am starting to think maybe I should become a recruiter based on the knowledge base you, and this site generally is giving me during my wait.

Thanks

Well, fall off numbers are more likely in Pilot, a guy doesn't get medically cleared to fly so he doesn't go, more things can give a Pilot a thumbs down than a SWO. If you take Pilot out of the equation it is all about the same.

I would say most do go forward, some don't due to medical, or they just don't want to wait, it is rare though for someone not wanting to wait.

James M.

EOU Future Pilot
CEC - all cancelled until OCT 12, Jan 13 maybe
AMDO - AUG 12, then Feb 13
EOD - now SEP 12
INTEL - AUG 12 cancelled, OCT 12 maybe, then April 13
PAO - only taking fleet applicants
Pilot - July 12, Jan 13, July 13
Supply - May 12 cancelled, July 12 cancelled, Sep 12 on track, Mar 13 on track

NavyOffRec,

First, thanks for all you do around here. All the advice in invaluable... With that said, are these dates still in effect? As far as you know? Im active duty, GM2, putting my package together for Jan 13 Pilot board. Again thank you.

GM2(SW/SCW) Mulherron

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

First, thanks for all you do around here. All the advice in invaluable... With that said, are these dates still in effect? As far as you know? Im active duty, GM2, putting my package together for Jan 13 Pilot board. Again thank you.

GM2(SW/SCW) Mulherron

It looks like AMDO is not happening as the goal is met.
Supply and Intel aren't happening
Pilot/NFO/SWO is on track, for now