• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future OCS Board Dates

USAF_WX2USN

NavyOffRec,

I'm currently an E-5 USAF weather forecaster (been in almost 8yrs). I was wondering if you would be able to tell me the next upcoming Oceano or SWO-oceano boards? Also, I have a degree in Geosciences w/ a concentration in operational meteorology, which did not require any calculus. Would I still qualify? Does my previous enlisted experience help or will grant me an exception? Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

I'm currently an E-5 USAF weather forecaster (been in almost 8yrs). I was wondering if you would be able to tell me the next upcoming Oceano or SWO-oceano boards? Also, I have a degree in Geosciences w/ a concentration in operational meteorology, which did not require any calculus. Would I still qualify? Does my previous enlisted experience help or will grant me an exception? Thank you!

This is a more up to date thread http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/ocs-status-fy-13.39176/#post-700475

however no your degree would not qualify you, they look specifically for hard science, Oceanography or Meterology

USAF_WX2USN

This is a more up to date thread http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/ocs-status-fy-13.39176/#post-700475

however no your degree would not qualify you, they look specifically for hard science, Oceanography or Meterology

Thank you for the response. My degree is a concentration in Operational Meterology (from Mississippi State university) and it covers all the aspects of a met degree, but does not have the physics or calculus aspects. All the classes for the degree are weather though.

I also have an associates degree in weather from CCAF. I wasn't sure if there were some sort of expected for prior enlisted weather folks, since I know the Air Force was allowing prior weather folks to apply if the had a degree in anything as long as they had the expierence and their CCAF.

Thank you again for the information!

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the response. My degree is a concentration in Operational Meterology (from Mississippi State university) and it covers all the aspects of a met degree, but does not have the physics or calculus aspects. All the classes for the degree are weather though.

I also have an associates degree in weather from CCAF. I wasn't sure if there were some sort of expected for prior enlisted weather folks, since I know the Air Force was allowing prior weather folks to apply if the had a degree in anything as long as they had the expierence and their CCAF.

Thank you again for the information!

no calc or physics = not hard science, if you look at the numbers they are very low for MANY applicants.

depending on age you could apply for SWO

USAF_WX2USN

no calc or physics = not hard science, if you look at the numbers they are very low for MANY applicants.

depending on age you could apply for SWO

I'll be 26 next week. I understand. I thought maybe there were expections for those who have been doing the job as an enlisted person. I was just getting conflicting information from the navyocs forum where an oceano officer was telling me there were people even without science degrees in the career field. Thanks again.

exNavyOffRec

I'll be 26 next week. I understand. I thought maybe there were expections for those who have been doing the job as an enlisted person. I was just getting conflicting information from the navyocs forum where an oceano officer was telling me there were people even without science degrees in the career field. Thanks again.

You will meet the age requirements.

not sure where he got that info, the PA requires science oriented degrees, and requires Calc and Physics

chop27

Reading previous post, I believe the Supply Board for Sep was cancelled, are there any tentative dates for the next one yet? Thank you!

Silhouette

I was just told by my OR that I could not get an age waiver to apply for NFO (I would have qualified for the 48 months in the past due to my 10 years of active service). Apparently the program managers told him that they were no longer giving age waivers. He said they told him nobody has been selected with an age waiver in the past year anyway. I knew I wouldn't be able to apply for Pilot, but I thought NFO was still alive for me.

exNavyOffRec

I was just told by my OR that I could not get an age waiver to apply for NFO (I would have qualified for the 48 months in the past due to my 10 years of active service). Apparently the program managers told him that they were no longer giving age waivers. He said they told him nobody has been selected with an age waiver in the past year anyway. I knew I wouldn't be able to apply for Pilot, but I thought NFO was still alive for me.

There have been people on this board selected with age waivers, how old are you now? do you have NMCI access?

Silhouette

There have been people on this board selected with age waivers, how old are you now? do you have NMCI access?

Yes, I do have NMCI. I thought that sounded suspect, but my OR was adamant that he spoke with the people who granted the waivers and they said no. I am 28 and turn 29 in January. (complicating factor: will not get my degree until December)

Silhouette

Yes, I do have NMCI. I thought that sounded suspect, but my OR was adamant that he spoke with the people who granted the waivers and they said no. I am 28 and turn 29 in January. (complicating factor: will not get my degree until December)

UPDATE: Recruiter was misinformed. Age waivers ARE still being accepted. My advice- apply as early as possible and as soon as you are eligible (before you get old)! Will save you a lot of stress.

SN0610

pilot
NavyOffRec,
Are the board dates that you listed in your first post pretty much set in stone or is there ever a chance of them adding more than you listed?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
Are the board dates that you listed in your first post pretty much set in stone or is there ever a chance of them adding more than you listed?

I am trying to remember but I believe the July board date that was added for PILOT/NFO/SWO is the first one I can remember being added in 3 years, normally they just are cancelled.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I am trying to remember but I believe the July board date that was added for PILOT/NFO/SWO is the first one I can remember being added in 3 years, normally they just are cancelled.

Naive question incoming: Do you mean it's the first July board they've added for PILOT/NFO/SWO in three years, or the first board for those designators in three years? (That's the lineup I'm applying for to time with the January 2013 board, since I receive my degree in December)