• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future OCS Board Dates

BleedGreen

pilot
Originally yes, but when people dropped for whatever reason and then they added billets so they are not on track for FY13 goal yet, so depending on the number of selects will depend if you get FY13 or pushed to FY14

That makes sense, has anything new come out regarding the board in July?

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
I just want to say hello to everyone on this board. I have always been looking through Airwarriors off and on for a few years now and I am now in a good position to apply since I am going to be finished with my degree in March, 2013. I am prior enlisted with six years of experience as an AS (Aviation Support Equipment Technician) so I know the basics. I am interested in applying for the NFO/SWO/AMDO designators, but just becoming a Naval officer is one of my top goals. I would apply for SNA but my vision sucks and I will most likely not be able to get laser eye surgery anytime soon. I am just curious about what should be my first step to start the application process, besides contacting and OR and getting ready for and taking the ASTB? A little more about my self:

B.S. Computing Technology -Brandman University
Current GPA 3.67
Prior
Private Pilot with 90 hours total time.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can lend me.

exNavyOffRec

I just want to say hello to everyone on this board. I have always been looking through Airwarriors off and on for a few years now and I am now in a good position to apply since I am going to be finished with my degree in March, 2013. I am prior enlisted with six years of experience as an AS (Aviation Support Equipment Technician) so I know the basics. I am interested in applying for the NFO/SWO/AMDO designators, but just becoming a Naval officer is one of my top goals. I would apply for SNA but my vision sucks and I will most likely not be able to get laser eye surgery anytime soon. I am just curious about what should be my first step to start the application process, besides contacting and OR and getting ready for and taking the ASTB? A little more about my self:

B.S. Computing Technology -Brandman University
Current GPA 3.67
Prior
Private Pilot with 90 hours total time.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can lend me.

find an OR, take the ASTB, then go from there.

AirGuy

Originally yes, but when people dropped for whatever reason and then they added billets so they are not on track for FY13 goal yet, so depending on the number of selects will depend if you get FY13 or pushed to FY14

Hi NavyOffRec. Can you tell me when the deadline is for the Jan 2013 board for SNA/NFO?

BleedGreen

pilot
Hi NavyOffRec. Can you tell me when the deadline is for the Jan 2013 board for SNA/NFO?

There is a board in March with a deadline for this Friday.
Don't be afraid to search around before asking a question, this has been answered on a half dozen threads already

AirGuy

There is a board in March with a deadline for this Friday.
Don't be afraid to search around before asking a question, this has been answered on a half dozen threads already
Sorry about that. I won't be able to apply until December 2013 anyway, for some reason I though it was still 2012.

BleedGreen

pilot
Are there ever closures of OCS boards, where they don't meet for a year or two, like with the BDCP board?

From what I have been told the needs for SNA/NFO have been fairly steady over the past few years. Once we get closer to FY14 they may or may not announce additional boards for that year...

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Hi everyone,

Could really use a little advice from the community on my tricky board timing situation. I've talked with my OR about applying for INTEL, IW, and IP at an October 2013 board (he seemed confident this was set), but given what I've been reading on the forums here, it sounds like my odds of getting picked up aren't great. I have a 3.65 GPA for bachelors' degrees in business and psychology (double major), tons of involvement with church and local government, and I know I can get some LORs from civilian intel community folks. Would ANY ASTB score be high enough to compensate for my non-tech degree, middling GPA, and non-prior service status, though? I'm scheduled to take it next week. My OR is confident I'd have a strong package and I believe he's being straight with me, but he's also really new to recruiting for non-medical personnel.

I'd be much more comfortable with my chances of going in SWO, but here's where the timing thing comes into play. My 29th birthday is 7/21. I obviously won't have things ready for the March board; is there any chance that July could work for me? What's the timing of the selection meeting, and how fast is the turn-around time from that to commissioning? I understand that I need to take the oath before I turn 29 for SWO (please correct me if that's wrong though). Just want to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels on either rushing a SWO package or pushing forward a weak one for INTEL.

Thanks in advance, any advice would be much appreciated!