• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I applied for SNA and NFO.
ASTB 62 7/7/7
GPA Bachelors: 3.35 Nuclear Engineering Technology, Masters 3.7 Health Sciences Specializing in Public Health
I have 13 years prior service and still active duty, just turned 32. I have an approved age waiver, but has anybody heard of the board actually accepting age waivers?

If you have an approved age waiver you are considered just like everyone else.

The Stig

I only worked one applicant who had a drug waiver for non-MJ (coke). He applied for SWO and was given a NO. Other than that never ever worked applicants who used drugs other than MJ...
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't found much info online, just one Reddit post saying no one got pilot / NFO in one board with anything besides weed, so it sounds like coke will be a hard no but I haven't found anything explicitly saying that. My recruiter said I was the first guy he had to do a moral / drug waiver for so he hasn't had too much info either.

Tlwheezy91

Twheezy
Hello All,

I was just curious I scored a 5 8 5 and a 39 OAR. Obviously not competitive scores but I figured i would submit them for the board and see what happens while in the meantime studying in case I don’t get picked up. How much affect does the overall packet influence the boards decision? For example I have a 3.6 GPA in aeronautics, over 3,000 flight hours including my CFI endorsement and my ATP rating with over 1,000 hours jet time and a previous Air Force enlisted guy (C-130 Crewchief). I’m not sure what the acceptance rate is but I figured it was higher due to the shortage just thought I would see where I would be in the ranking with other candidates? Thank you for your help!

exNavyOffRec

Hello All,

I was just curious I scored a 5 8 5 and a 39 OAR. Obviously not competitive scores but I figured i would submit them for the board and see what happens while in the meantime studying in case I don’t get picked up. How much affect does the overall packet influence the boards decision? For example I have a 3.6 GPA in aeronautics, over 3,000 flight hours including my CFI endorsement and my ATP rating with over 1,000 hours jet time and a previous Air Force enlisted guy (C-130 Crewchief). I’m not sure what the acceptance rate is but I figured it was higher due to the shortage just thought I would see where I would be in the ranking with other candidates? Thank you for your help!

are you going for SNA or SNFO? you AQR is minimum, and if the other 5 is for SNFO it is non-qualifying, the scores weigh heavily on the board.

Tlwheezy91

Twheezy
are you going for SNA or SNFO? you AQR is minimum, and if the other 5 is for SNFO it is non-qualifying, the scores weigh heavily on the board.

I was going for SNA. And yea I am going to probably have to retake it. I was just wanting to see about how much the rest of the packet weighs towards their decision. I’m still gonna submit and study in the meantime I just don’t know what the markets like now for pilots since 2016.

Ricosroughnecks7

Recruiter informed me today that processing got all messed up cuz of Telework at the NRD and my package is now not submitted and I probably won't make the deadline now.

justz048

Hello All,

If you look a few pages back on this site as well as the other board pages, you should be able to fins a google doc of applicants as well as their scores, gpa, service history, and whether they were accepted or not

justz048

So I've been trying to get ahold of my recruiter for the last week because I needed to update my scores on my application for this board. Unfortunately, I couldn't get ahold of him but got ahold of another recruiter in his office that told my mine was on leave. I updated my app with him and the new recruiter said he sent it to the processors this morning. Heres hoping that my application gets submitted on this board!

xeroseal87

My age waiver says that I need to have it uploaded to PRIDEMOD II. I talked with my NCC and was directed to talk with a recruiter. Talked to the recruiter who doesn't have access to upload files for me because I am owned by CNRC is what he said. Anybody know who I need to talk with to get this done?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My age waiver says that I need to have it uploaded to PRIDEMOD II. I talked with my NCC and was directed to talk with a recruiter. Talked to the recruiter who doesn't have access to upload files for me because I am owned by CNRC is what he said. Anybody know who I need to talk with to get this done?

Fleet applicants already their PMII accounts established by CNRC. Just ask the Fleet Processor/POC who sent you the waiver.

LBallew

Hi all, I've got my kit submitted for NFO.
ASTB: 54 6/6/7
BA in Anthropology, GPA 3.9; MSc in Human Osteoarchaeology, GPA 3.8 (or something like that, got it in Scotland so a civilian contractor in Memphis gets the final say on GPA conversion)

I spoke with my recruiter today and he says he's still hoping I'll be in OCS starting June 20, but
a) They plan to quarantine the class in a Navy hotel for 14 days ahead of time
b) They are cutting down class sizes and prioritizing certain communities, and he is not sure if NFOs are being prioritized

Others getting similar information?

knight208

I spoke with my recruiter today and he says he's still hoping I'll be in OCS starting June 20, but
a) They plan to quarantine the class in a Navy hotel for 14 days ahead of time
b) They are cutting down class sizes and prioritizing certain communities, and he is not sure if NFOs are being prioritized

Others getting similar information?

My recruiter is giving me similar information. The 14 days quarantine sounds like a for sure thing. However, that is a testament to the fact that they will continue to push candidates through. They have to one way or another regardless of COVID. Best of luck.

Tgonzo29

Recruiter informed me today that processing got all messed up cuz of Telework at the NRD and my package is now not submitted and I probably won't make the deadline now.

My recruiter told me that the board has been suspended due to the current situation. Have you heard conflicting info?

jvjack18

My recruiter told me that the board has been suspended due to the current situation. Have you heard conflicting info?
interesting, last I heard from my recruiter he said this board was still as scheduled, wonder if anything has changed.