• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Brandon Coffey

My recruiter told me that the board has been suspended due to the current situation. Have you heard conflicting info?
I spoke to my recruiter yesterday about what you had commented. He said there is no official word that the boards have been suspended or canceled.

Sabre16

SNA
ASTB: 58 7/7/7
BSME 2.79 gpa
Submitted on Thursday the 9th
How much of an impact does the LOR have on the selection? My recruiter told me I didn't need any of them since it was too late.

maowczykowski1

SNA
BSME 2.79 gpa
How much of an impact does the LOR have on the selection? My recruiter told me I didn't need any of them since it was too late.
I dont think they would require them if it wasnt at least somewhat a contributing factor.

maowczykowski1

SNA
BSME 2.79 gpa
I had two prior naval aviators write LORs for me. one was a former fighter weapons school instructor pilot "spit", and the other flew the E-2 Hawkeye and instructor as well. i feel like they will definitely be a strong point in my selection. i don't have the highest GPA or the best ASTB score(though my PFAR was an 8). believe that when it comes down to selection, the little things do matter. Your score looks great and I think you have a good chance

Last edited:

thomas396

Hello,

My packet was submitted last week for this next selection board.

SNA
ASTB: 60 8/8/8
BS Aerospace Engineering - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
GPA 3.1
I know GPA isn't the best but I am one of the 14% of students that will graduate within 4 years.

What do y'all think my chances are of being picked up?

Sabre16

I had two prior naval aviators write LORs for me. one was a former fighter weapons school instructor pilot "spit", and the other flew the E-2 Hawkeye and instructor as well. i feel like they will definitely be a strong point in my selection. i don't have the highest GPA or the best ASTB score(though my PFAR was an 8). believe that when it comes down to selection, the little things do matter. Your score looks great and I think you have a good chance
Yeah my recruiter said I had a good chance but I was worried that my gpa and 0 LOR would bring my chances down. Nothing I can do about it now but wait and see.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello,

My packet was submitted last week for this next selection board.

SNA
ASTB: 60 8/8/8
BS Aerospace Engineering - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
GPA 3.1
I know GPA isn't the best but I am one of the 14% of students that will graduate within 4 years.

What do y'all think my chances are of being picked up?

Check out the various aviation thread boards, there’s stat sheets and you can see who got picked up with their stats.

That would be a good way to gauge your odds...

exNavyOffRec

SNA
BSME 2.79 gpa

well, they are rarely looked at, in most cases the actual selection part of the board is done in one day, they take just a few minutes to review.

If a person has issues in their background you should take the time to address those items and then LOR's might come into play.