• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

JSaint23

No worries though man, every thing happens for a reason. I just spoke to my recruiter today and I have faith that he's going to do a better job than my last OR. By chance, anyone has a list of the remaining OCS class dates for 2020?

jvjack18

It seems like things are starting to move. OR reached out to me this morning about Sept/Oct class dates. Nothing confirmed yet but seems like things may be picking up. Fingers crossed.

KFC

Seems like I'm getting the opposite news. So far my OR has just made it clear that he still has applicants from the last SNA/SNFO board that have not gotten OCS dates yet and not to expect any news any time soon. That is despite the news of increased class sizes.

Stoked for y'all that are getting to go though! The vids on the OTCN Facebook page look wild with everyone in masks.

haka

None
Seems like I'm getting the opposite news. So far my OR has just made it clear that he still has applicants from the last SNA/SNFO board that have not gotten OCS dates yet and not to expect any news any time soon. That is despite the news of increased sizes.
Same here. I just reached out to my recruiter and there's still no indication that I'll be shipping anytime soon. It seems like a few from this board got lucky, but I'd guess most of us will be waiting a while longer.

maowczykowski1

Bring your laptops here. The computers here suck and you need to to do your homework. Bring lots of protein snacks. Most of the food they give you is not that healthy. You get two hours of pt a day. I recommend using that time for running and doing your push ups in your hatch between lessons. No sit ups as of now. Planks are soon

JSaint23

Bring your laptops here. The computers here suck and you need to to do your homework. Bring lots of protein snacks. Most of the food they give you is not that healthy. You get two hours of pt a day. I recommend using that time for running and doing your push ups in your hatch between lessons. No sit ups as of now. Planks are soon
Thanks for that breakdown of what to expect during ROM, really helps with the preparation.

exNavyOffRec

wait, the food the USN feeds you is not that healthy? that is news to me as during the entire time I was in I was sure we were eating food that was better than Gordon Ramsey ?

knight208

Not sure if I am alone in saying this here, but I am ignorant as to what will actually be going on during ROM. You're saying training starts as soon as you show up minus the group interaction? Additionally, are you going to the mess hall for meals or are they delivering them to you daily? How low of quality are we talking here? haha. Thanks for the update.

JSaint23

Seems like I'm getting the opposite news. So far my OR has just made it clear that he still has applicants from the last SNA/SNFO board that have not gotten OCS dates yet and not to expect any news any time soon. That is despite the news of increased class sizes.

Stoked for y'all that are getting to go though! The vids on the OTCN Facebook page look wild with everyone in masks.
I too experienced somewhat of the same behavior from my old recruiter until I just changed recruiters. If you don’t like the responses or communication you’re getting from your current recruiter, find another one. Chances are they either have too much on their plate professionally to give you the attention you need or are on there way out and don’t care (sad but true). Remember, you are in control of your future not the recruiter, if you want different results, shake it up a little bit.

tdodge

I too experienced somewhat of the same behavior from my old recruiter until I just changed recruiters. If you don’t like the responses or communication you’re getting from your current recruiter, find another one. Chances are they either have too much on their plate professionally to give you the attention you need or are on there way out and don’t care (sad but true). Remember, you are in control of your future not the recruiter, if you want different results, shake it up a little bit.
Does the recruiter make a difference at this point, or do orders come straight from the recruiting command and we just have to wait until our name is called pretty much?

JSaint23

Does the recruiter make a difference at this point, or do orders come straight from the recruiting command and we just have to wait until our name is called pretty much?
Orders come straight from big Navy at this point however having the right recruiter (a motivated one) definitely increases your chances of getting sent sooner in my opinion.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
So I’m seeing here that certain recruiters are definitely getting more done for their applicants than others - are certain NRDs getting more action than others? Or are specific ORs just willing and/or able to push certain buttons? The most I’m ever able to get out of my OR is “nothing new in the system.”

Also, I recently moved outside of my original NRD. My current arrangement with the original OR is I’ll just drive back to swear in and to ship out - but would I have better luck of going to OCS sooner if I reach out to the OR in my new area? Would I just be asking for trouble? Any commentary from current/former ORs or NRC personnel would be appreciated.

E6BFlightComp

I've also heard down the pipeline, don't quote me on it, place of residence has a part to do with selections right now. Hot areas such as Arizona, California, Florida and Texas are less desirable as first comers than those states that are the least affected by COVID-19.