• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Howler24

Contributor
Yeah I’m about a 7 30 pace right now for 3.5 miles. I’ve been running with a weighted vest as well. I started with 10 pounds now I’m up to 20. Seems to help out but only slightly.
Yeah I'm back up to a 9:30 pace right now for 3.5 miles. I haven't been running for a while with a "natural" 10 pound vest. I started at 175 pounds and now I'm up to 185 pounds. Does not help, whatsoever.

Thank you, holidays and complacency.

Last edited:

Duffman

None
Contributor
Yeah I'm back up to a 9:30 pace right now for 3.5 miles. I haven't been running for a while with a "natural" 10 pound vest. I started at 175 pounds and now I'm up to 185 pounds. Does not help, whatsoever.

Thank you, holidays and complacency.
How can I acquire one of these natural 10 pound vests?

WannaFlyHigh

I was hoping to be apart of this board but got delayed to whenever the next board is. But recently I was told I failed the the Depth Perception at MEPS. Big bummer since I am planning on going SNA only. Recruiter is trying to get me retested because I am confident it had to be due to my exam being administered poorly but you never know. Cue Mr. Krabs sad violin

Revitalized

I was hoping to be apart of this board but got delayed to whenever the next board is. But recently I was told I failed the the Depth Perception at MEPS. Big bummer since I am planning on going SNA only. Recruiter is trying to get me retested because I am confident it had to be due to my exam being administered poorly but you never know. Cue Mr. Krabs sad violin

If you do get a retest, make sure you speak up if you feel like you aren't getting a fair chance. If I hadn't, that would have been the difference between me completely failing the visual acuity portion and having 20/15 in both eyes. I know it's a little different with depth perception, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. Especially if you know that your eyes are good and have never had any issues. Good luck to you!

Metromedic

Contributor
If you do get a retest, make sure you speak up if you feel like you aren't getting a fair chance. If I hadn't, that would have been the difference between me completely failing the visual acuity portion and having 20/15 in both eyes. I know it's a little different with depth perception, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. Especially if you know that your eyes are good and have never had any issues. Good luck to you!
They have restrictions for those who have glasses? I got some after MEPS....

Revitalized

They have restrictions for those who have glasses? I got some after MEPS....

Not sure what you mean by restrictions, and I don't wear glasses, so I can't speak from experience. I know you have to check a box somewhere that says you wear glasses. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be good as long as your uncorrected vision is within limits and correctable to 20/20. When you do your inspect, you might have to do vision again?

Metromedic

Contributor
Not sure what you mean by restrictions, and I don't wear glasses, so I can't speak from experience. I know you have to check a box somewhere that says you wear glasses. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be good as long as your uncorrected vision is within limits and correctable to 20/20. When you do your inspect, you might have to do vision again?
I had 20/25 uncorrected. After meps it’s been corrected to 20/20.

WannaFlyHigh

Invest in NIO, they’ll start climbing.

I would recommend being cautious buying foreign country stocks. They can potentially pose a conflict of interest for you background investigation. Especially ones from China.

Note: This is what I have read and been told from working in the aerospace/defense industry. If anyone has heard otherwise please correct me.

PontusPilot

Contributor
I would recommend being cautious buying foreign country stocks. They can potentially pose a conflict of interest for you background investigation. Especially ones from China.

Note: This is what I have read and been told from working in the aerospace/defense industry. If anyone has heard otherwise please correct me.
Per my recruiter if it is listed on the Nasdaq then you are good to go.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor

How would they know your portfolio? That sounds like bs. Unless it is a flagged shell/hedge. they would have no idea. Plus, if they really do that much research to find potential related entities would take a massive amount of time. Ohhh on top of the fact that flagged trades do not show up on major sites. Therefore, if you are funding shady sources, you know what you are buying.

You also realize the U.S buys military grade material from China? I have about 10+ I have seen.

Metromedic

Contributor

If you’re buying from a US exchange, they are not treated as foreign and won’t pose a security risk.
Id also have a hard time seeing my 25 shares of NIO indicating that I’m buddy buddy with China ?