• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

PontusPilot

Contributor
I would transfer the 44K to Robinhood and Margin trade. You’ll definitely maximize your gains.
I have been reading up on margin and options and stuff. I did make a Robinhood account already, just doing as much research as possible before taking the plunge.

johann802

No when I started I was reading Robinhood was not that good, so I went with ALLY bank because they had the lowest fees at the time. Now that does not matter because everyone is free for trades. That is crazy about apple. I am up on all my stocks other than SMLP, but TESLA is my biggest winner I am up 44K on it from the 2k I put in. All my other stocks are up from a minimum of $15-$1600.

And here I was patting myself on the back for being up 100 bucks on a Russell 2000 etf... Swimming with the big fish here damn

Metromedic

Contributor
I have been reading up on margin and options and stuff. I did make a Robinhood account already, just doing as much research as possible before taking the plunge.
It’s risky but it’ll pay out if you use it right. Robinhood is the cheapest margin trade. I took some of mine and bought NIO and Tesla

PontusPilot

Contributor
And here I was patting myself on the back for being up 100 bucks on a Russell 2000 etf... Swimming with the big fish here damn
I am more of a compounding interest and dividends reinvestment type of trader. Just saw my shot with Tesla and knew I would spend the 2k on worse if I didn’t lock it in... I do like the aspect of dollar cost average, but find my TSP should be what covers my retirement, and my stocks should be more short term gains..

PontusPilot

Contributor
It’s risky but it’ll pay out if you use it right. Robinhood is the cheapest margin trade. I took some of mine and bought NIO and Tesla
Yes from my interpretation of what I have read up to this point “risky” is an understatement lol. But you gotta spend money to make it! SHUFFLE UP AND DEAL! Also do a bit of sports gambling now that it’s legal in CO, usually just bet on UFC though.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Don't confuse young professionals with moderate amounts of disposable income as swimming with the big fish. ;) Someone who works a good full time job and still lives at home with their parents can save and pocket money to buy a house with cash in three years. That doesn't mean you're doing something wrong, it's just a different way to accomplish goals. Some of us are all going to be on the same pay scale soon, some people got a head start, that's all.

Metromedic

Contributor
That sounds like a bad idea. Leveraging yourself in a bubble economy. I recommend looking into P&F charts and reevaluate. But its your money.
It depends what you’re trading and how it’s set. I have a set limit for 2 below the purchase price which will automatically trigger a trade.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
It depends what you’re trading and how it’s set. I have a set limit for 2 below the purchase price which will automatically trigger a trade.

Not true, a realized lose is a realized loss. Does not matter how you spin it. Plus, if that makes up the majority of your portfolio...you are sitting on the bomb. Has no bearing on market movement.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
If you’re buying from a US exchange, they are not treated as foreign and won’t pose a security risk.
Id also have a hard time seeing my 25 shares of NIO indicating that I’m buddy buddy with China ?

Haha so true. I also have a fair share of stocks in NIO but it’s so minuscule for it to be flagged as a conflict of interest. Because secretly my +$200 profit is considered a threat, right?! ??