• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
Jumping in this Board too, applying as a NFO have to retake the full ASTB and OAR in December
Original Scores: 48 5-6-6
Shooting for minimum 7s across the Board and 60+ on OAR.
Good luck to anyone in a similar situation
that’s my situation.. I scored a 45 I think and a 3/5/5 in august ...I was overly confident with the compass trick and messed myself up. I’m either going to take it next month or October

Revitalized

I couldn't get to MEPS in time for the November board, so I will be shooting for this one.

Applying SNA
ASTB: 61 7/6/7
GPA: 4.0 (Will probably come down due to my poor first attempt as an undisciplined youngster)
Flight Experience: 15 hours/1 solo

Hopefully this wait isn't too painful. Good luck to everyone!

angeblas

Applying for: SNA
ASTB: 49 5/6/5 (first attempt)
GPA: 3.2 (might bump up to 3.3? graduating from Berkeley in early December)

Still waiting on MEPS transfer (I did a physical for the Coast Guard about 2 years ago) and a couple of LORs then I'm good to go. I'm also thinking about retaking my ASTB because they are just the minimums. Good luck, everyone!

angeblas

I'm in the same boat - waiting for a transfer because of a physical I did with the army 2 years ago.

Yeah, I missed the November board because of it. I don't know why its taking so long but my recruiter said he might just drive to MEPS himself to get my paperwork lol.

Revitalized

Yeah, I missed the November board because of it. I don't know why its taking so long but my recruiter said he might just drive to MEPS himself to get my paperwork lol.
I wish it weren't so complicated. At least it gives you some time to take the ASTB again, if you do decide to do that.

exNavyOffRec

Applying for: SNA
ASTB: 49 5/6/5 (first attempt)
GPA: 3.2 (might bump up to 3.3? graduating from Berkeley in early December)

Still waiting on MEPS transfer (I did a physical for the Coast Guard about 2 years ago) and a couple of LORs then I'm good to go. I'm also thinking about retaking my ASTB because they are just the minimums. Good luck, everyone!
I would study and retake, getting accepted with minimums is a long shot.

DMM146

I would study and retake, getting accepted with minimums is a long shot.
I applied for NFO in the August Board with 48 5/6/6 and got denied with a 3.7 GPA I would offer the same advice of retaking since you have time anyway. Wish someone would have told me that ahead of time so I could have studied to reapply for the November Board and save two months

rootens

Does anyone know the submission deadline for this board? I have to retake the ASTB and want to know how long I'd have to study if I want to get on this board.

NobleJ

SNA
Thanks for creating this thread, @BDavis11! ??

This is the first board I am applying to.
31 y/old. 3.9 undergraduate. 3.7 master's. Prior enlisted E-5. ASTB scores: 50 5/6/6. 1st choise: SNA. 2nd, INTEL. 3rd, SNFO.

I've studied the data on folks whom have received a Y in the past, and it looks like scores aren't the main driver for acceptance into the program. Some folks with high scores got turned down. I think what it boils down to is if the candidate has met the score that will prove their aptitude is on par with passing school. The 'yes' in my perception is coming from the whole picture: talent and character.

What are other people's thoughts on this?

RegaDega

This is my first board as well! Will be at MEPS Wed and Thurs.
25 y/o, 2.6 GPA B.A. (low due to rough 1st year, drastically better in last 2 years), ASTB 5/6/6, OAR 49.
Almost ready to earn my PPL, currently at 45hrs w/ all requirements complete.
Ideally SNA, but open to SNFO