• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

GymJer020

How far out are you guys receiving your dates to leave for OCS vs your packet submission date? I just submitted my SNA packet today for the upcoming board! Best of luck to everyone!
Submitted back in December for the January board. Got rolled to the May board. Selected in late June and received my orders to OCS about a week later. My OCS class date begins 17Oct21. It’s been one hell of a ride, but got about one month till I head out! Best of luck to you and everyone ??

reed1327

For those who have already completed OCS, how much money did you spend in the first few days there? How long did it take to get your first payment? I ship out in a month and I’m looking to leave my job soon to focus on studying and my fitness. Any help is greatly appreciated!

bramirez44

For those who have already completed OCS, how much money did you spend in the first few days there? How long did it take to get your first payment? I ship out in a month and I’m looking to leave my job soon to focus on studying and my fitness. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I had ROM so I spent a bit more than you will on snacks and what not but I’d say $100 cash should be fine for travels. Once you get here, everything you NEED is paid for. You’ll get NEX runs for essentials throughout your time here but they accept card. You’ll have to spend about 3k-3.5k on uniforms but that isn’t due until the end of OCS. Takes about a month or 2 to get your first check.

reed1327

I had ROM so I spent a bit more than you will on snacks and what not but I’d say $100 cash should be fine for travels. Once you get here, everything you NEED is paid for. You’ll get NEX runs for essentials throughout your time here but they accept card. You’ll have to spend about 3k-3.5k on uniforms but that isn’t due until the end of OCS. Takes about a month or 2 to get your first check.

Thank you for that! I’m glad I asked because I definitely didn’t anticipate two months of no income lol. I’ll make sure to budget accordingly. Thanks again.

bramirez44

Thank you for that! I’m glad I asked because I definitely didn’t anticipate two months of no income lol. I’ll make sure to budget accordingly. Thanks again.
Yeah, it’s a hefty check once you do get paid but definitely plan for covering 2 months of finances just in case. Happy to help. Good luck