• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

reed1327

What are the requirements for our initial and final test at OCS? I went through 9 weeks of OCS with the Marine Corps (got injured), but their requirements were much easier to find. I've searched low and high and can't figure it out.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
im with Kale here, i can squat 400lbs at my 150 body weight, but getting me to run a mile and half is torture

Story time: When I was in ROTC I was bodybuilding and I sit naturally 8% body fat. We did a wing run for idk 8/9 miles. I ended up tearing the muscles in both pecks due to them bouncing... worse pain ever...EvErRrr! Earned myself a cool nickname in the process.

Debrief: From experience, if OCS is anything like field training (I am guessing it is). You will fall out due to caloric restrictions/lack of functionality. I had a 10x harder time... but at least I was aesthetic, right lol?!

villo0692

What are the requirements for our initial and final test at OCS? I went through 9 weeks of OCS with the Marine Corps (got injured), but their requirements were much easier to find. I've searched low and high and can't figure it out.

reed1327

Just to confirm, we need a Probationary score or better on all three events? That is where my confusion comes in. Thanks for the help.

villo0692

some advice for all of us who would be pilots aiming for a max in the prt.....if your max of pushups is say....75....then do 75....I made the mistake when I was at boot camp 8 years ago, to go at it with the pushups and sit ups like I was Rosie O'Donnell vs Trump, and did the whole 150 ish for each....but then after it, I was fucking smoked before the run....and got like an 11:30 or whatever, which is still passing, but not ideal....gotta be smart about it....a pilot in my command told me once...prt is all about the run....and needless to say the best runners in my squadron were all pilots and nfos.....especially our CO, he was the fastest....i think he offered a coin to whoever beat him in the prt actually.....great guy, made CAPT

luckynumbr27

some advice for all of us who would be pilots aiming for a max in the prt.....if your max of pushups is say....75....then do 75....I made the mistake when I was at boot camp 8 years ago, to go at it with the pushups and sit ups like I was Rosie O'Donnell vs Trump, and did the whole 150 ish for each....but then after it, I was fucking smoked before the run....and got like an 11:30 or whatever, which is still passing, but not ideal....gotta be smart about it....a pilot in my command told me once...prt is all about the run....and needless to say the best runners in my squadron were all pilots and nfos.....especially our CO, he was the fastest....i think he offered a coin to whoever beat him in the prt actually.....great guy, made CAPT

Good word here, I’m a former command ACFL, administered the prt more times than I can count and I can attest, you get no glory points for doing 100 pushups. Know the minimums and what a realistic best case number for you personally is that passes but won’t gas your cardio and hit that number. If you can hit the max for the PRT without gassing yourself, stop right there and take your points. All the money is made on the run.

villo0692

Good word here, I’m a former ACFL, administered the prt more times than I can count and I can attest, you get no glory points for doing 100 pushups. Know the minimums and what a realistic best case number for you personally is and hit that number. If it’s the max for the PRT, stop right there and take your points. All the money is made on the run.
lol, I was an ACFL as well, I bettered my run later on....realized some people at FEP really didn't give a fuck.....one of them actually was supposed to get capped to first class to avoid getting tenured out at 14, CO couldn't do it because he kept failing his PRT.......ohh the agony!

luckynumbr27

lol, I was an ACFL as well, I bettered my run later on....realized some people at FEP really didn't give a fuck.....one of them actually was supposed to get capped to first class to avoid getting tenured out at 14, CO couldn't do it because he kept failing his PRT.......ohh the agony!
Every year you’ll remind your sailors that there’s a prt coming up in six months and every time there will be 100 people that can’t jog out a mile and a half lol. The standards to pass really are a joke except for the 17-19 age group. Anyone 25 and above has no excuse unless they are injured. You could conceivably speed walk the minimum time in the 30+ y/o category which happened to be the group that failed the most oddly enough

villo0692

Every year you’ll remind your sailors that there’s a prt coming up in six months and every time there will be 100 people that can’t jog out a mile and a half lol. The standards to pass really are a joke except for the 17-19 age group. Anyone 25 and above has no excuse unless they are injured. You could conceivably speed walk the minimum time in the 30+ y/o category which happened to be the group that failed the most oddly enough
I always used to tell everyone like..."man if it was up to me EVERYONE would do the run", like its a mile and a half, there's no excuse not to be able to do it....and everytime someone asked me why...I responded with the "what if some real world shit goes down in deployment and we're in danger?? show me please how are you going to ride the elliptical to safety" lol

luckynumbr27

I always used to tell everyone like..."man if it was up to me EVERYONE would do the run", like its a mile and a half, there's no excuse not to be able to do it....and everytime someone asked me why...I responded with the "what if some real world shit goes down in deployment and we're in danger?? show me please how are you going to ride the elliptical to safety" lol
? Exactly! “Guys, the ships under attack! Quick, get to your alternate cardio station and let’s get out of here!”