• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, so I know this sounds really shady, but I can't tell you who sent this email about the 38 out of 40 mids, but I do know who it was, and can assure you it was from a reputable source

No big deal, I was just wondering. :)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has there been any follow-up statement on this? This is getting to be rigoddamndiculous. Some of my future SWO friends already have report dates, and I've known where I'm going for 4 months more than they have.

We did this week, that this original estimate is wrong, of course. Basically, they have no idea when our orders are going to be in, which is frustrating since I graduate in 12 days. This is kind of something I'd like to know.

USF_Bull

The pending SNA/SNFO's picked up their selections today, so hopefully we're closer.

I believe Michigan commissioned this past weeke, and I'm scheduled to commission this Saturday (USF)...can't imagine not knowing our dates for more than another week...I hope.

war eagle

...can't imagine not knowing our dates for more than another week...I hope.

So have the original report dates that we were told been completely scrapped or are we just waiting for it to all get sorted out? Does anybody have any new word?

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
Does this usually happen?

Does anyone know if the flight dates are usually delayed so late? Have they ever been this late before? If so why? What could be the hold up?:confused:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Does anyone know if the flight dates are usually delayed so late? Have they ever been this late before? If so why? What could be the hold up?:confused:

It hasn't been nearly this bad for at least the last couple of years. If you are talking about your A-pool/API check in date, then that is so late because the policy has changed. The Nav no longer wants you to come down to Pcola and sit on your butt for 3-6 months collecting pay for doing nothing (or very little). So you will remain stashed until you are ready to class up for either IFS, or API (if you are IFS complete).

gotta_fly

pilot
The Nav no longer wants you to come down to Pcola and sit on your butt for 3-6 months collecting pay for doing nothing (or very little).

Ironically, my BAH will be about $400/month higher here than it will there, since cost of living is lower in that part of the country. I wonder if that's the case with most places?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ironically, my BAH will be about $400/month higher here than it will there, since cost of living is lower in that part of the country. I wonder if that's the case with most places?

Even more odd, considering you're going to be living in the Q and not getting a cent of that BAH when in Pcola. It would be much cheaper in that case for the Navy to send you there to do a meaningless stash job then keep you at your unit to do a meaningless stash job.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Yes, but the Navy will likely get more use out of you at your commissioning unit than if you were in A-pool w/ 200 other friends. I have several friends who came to Pcola during the spring rush and never once held a stash job the entire time they were in A-pool. Had they been back home, they would have certainly been tasked w/ something at our old unit.

Sub dio

So I'm graduating on May 10th and commissioning on May 14th. No selection, no word, haven't even heard anything about the DC interview even though I was one of those non-voluntary nuke applicants.

My LT says I might just get commissioned as 1100, as like a generic job-less naval officer. I guess it really doesn't matter if your competitive or not. I know some of you guys think we should just chill out, and thats cool, but still its hard to do when you've worked your ass off for 5 years to get engineering degree and a competitive application. The least the Navy could do is communicate what is going on, since I did ideally everything they want from an ROTC student.

I wonder how hard it would be to get into Airforce OCS and a pilot slot, lol.

DMace55

I talked with one of our LTs yesterday. The latest word that he got was that the Navy is dealing with schools who are graduating first. They are apparently trying to fix this problem but its taking some time. They will most likely be just going down the dates to which schools are commissioning first.

I wish you the best of luck. If it makes you feel any better we still have more then a few guys who are not designated yet. But we commission on the 16th.

USF_Bull

I talked with one of our LTs yesterday. The latest word that he got was that the Navy is dealing with schools who are graduating first. They are apparently trying to fix this problem but its taking some time. They will most likely be just going down the dates to which schools are commissioning first.

I wish you the best of luck. If it makes you feel any better we still have more then a few guys who are not designated yet. But we commission on the 16th.

This must be the case. We commissioned last Saturday and had two who had not been given their designator yet. Two days prior to commissioning, one was informed that she had been selected for pilot and the other for NFO. I believe Michigan was in the same boat as us (USF). Hope you hear soon....I'm just hoping they give us more than a few days notice on our report dates.

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
We're in the same boat here at Norwich. I did here more about the Nuke crap though. They're sending two of us down there on the 20 for the interview. Apparently they're trying to butter us up by giving us a few briefs at The Pentagon and sending us to a baseball game. Sounds like a waste of government funds and taxpayer dollars to me. The interview I'm scheduled for is on the 23rd and we commission on the 10th! So I'll be commissioned for two weeks before I know what I'm doing. You would expect this kind of cluster-fuck from the Army but I never figured it would get this bad in the Navy.:icon_rage

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
GW is doing the same nuke thing to some of our SWO's, but not our SNAs/SNFOs. Our top two SWO's (who have already selected ships) are being told that they are going to be commissioned as SWO(N) and they'll have their interviews here in DC after commissioning -- they won't be getting orders to the ships they selected until they agree to go SWO(N).

We commission here on the 16th and graduate on the 18th. Our aviation LT is on leave until commissioning, so no word about report dates for the next week...