• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

sennett

GW is doing the same nuke thing to some of our SWO's, but not our SNAs/SNFOs.

2 GW SNA's got pulled to the nuke thing and are going to be designated Sub Officers upon commissioning, but don't have to commit to it. They're gonna go to that DC meeting with the baseball game and everything. I'd expect more of the same surprises at other schools, since we were told by our CO today that the final designator list came out this morning. He said the biggest factor in why the two SNA's were taken was because they had not completed their flight physicals. This whole nuke fiasco he told us is why we haven't got our class dates for API yet. Hope no one elses name is on that list!

whalepelt

... the biggest factor in why the two SNA's were taken was because they had not completed their flight physicals...

I'm not buying into that one. I was one of the few guys at my unit who had no issues with my physical and was fully PQ for SNA and I still got pulled. In fact, they just made me drive over to Great Lakes and take a sub physical. Every test I did, was the same or easier than the aviation physical I took 4 months ago.

Yay for pointless 6 hour drives.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Although the two SNA's at GW who were pulled for Subs hadn't finished their physicals yet, it wasn't the main reason their names were on the list. Both individuals have phenomenal academic records, and the Nuke community probably jumped on the fact that they hadn't been told that they were physically qualified to fly just yet.

According to our CO, Nukes only met 80% of their quota, so they are asking promising young men and women to reconsider the community. Apparently no one has actually been 'forced' to go Nuke just yet, they want people to keep an open mind...

We came in to become officers, first and foremost.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Although the two SNA's at GW who were pulled for Subs hadn't finished their physicals yet, it wasn't the main reason their names were on the list. Both individuals have phenomenal academic records, and the Nuke community probably jumped on the fact that they hadn't been told that they were physically qualified to fly just yet.

According to our CO, Nukes only met 80% of their quota, so they are asking promising young men and women to reconsider the community. Apparently no one has actually been 'forced' to go Nuke just yet, they want people to keep an open mind...

We came in to become officers, first and foremost.

Yeah, they're "asking" by blackmailing the SWOs by denying them the opportunity to ship select and sending them to the bottom of the pile for that. Way to take care of your people there nuke community.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Its 16 May for reporting to Pensacola. I'm on leave now and won't have orders in hand until Monday so I am going to be fairly busy. I would have preferred a little more notice but I'll just go with the flow. I requested a May detach date but even the guys that didn't request that are leaving early.

USF_Bull

Its 16 May for reporting to Pensacola. I'm on leave now and won't have orders in hand until Monday so I am going to be fairly busy. I would have preferred a little more notice but I'll just go with the flow. I requested a May detach date but even the guys that didn't request that are leaving early.

Damnit. I'm May 16 as well. No clue how I'm gonna pull this off, and go fig they tell me about the BOQ requirement one week after getting a dog.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Damnit. I'm May 16 as well. No clue how I'm gonna pull this off, and go fig they tell me about the BOQ requirement one week after getting a dog.

Are you kidding? Pack you shit and drive man.....I got there in 7 days, and that was driving from OR (about as far as I could have possibly gone). All ribbing aside, if you ARE late, they will just charge it as leave FWIW

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got my date at commissioning today- 29 AUG. The weird thing is I and the other 3 aviators here requested June 1 but only one got it. One got late June, one got mid July, and I got August. I think they must be going alphabetically or something because we went last names of A,H,S, and T for those dates, in that order.

USF_Bull

Got my date at commissioning today- 29 AUG. The weird thing is I and the other 3 aviators here requested June 1 but only one got it. One got late June, one got mid July, and I got August. I think they must be going alphabetically or something because we went last names of A,H,S, and T for those dates, in that order.

Seriously?? I requested August and got 16 May, which wasn't even a flippen option. Trade anybody!?

IrishEagle85

Myself and the other SNA's from my unit were given potential report dates of the 27th of June, although those are the tentative dates and we are still without orders (7 days prior to commissioning).

navywings22

pilot
I got August 25th. My buddy is heading down at the end of the month though. I have a dependant, so that could be why we are reporting 3 months apart.