• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

USF_Bull

With the majority of the service selections now out, does anybody know when we'll be picking our report dates? And what dates are available this year?

I know the academy is picking this Thursday...anybody know when we're up?

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Our LT emailed the detailer and told us the dates we got to choose from were June 6 or 20th and July 11. As far as I know he sent back our requests to the detailer. We were told to expect June 6th unless we had some reason for not going that early.

USF_Bull

Yuk. I was hoping to get more of a break in there. I just got ahold of the academy dates...they can report as late as 30 January! I'd love to get another football season in before shipping out.

btw there, great game this year! :icon_smil A few of us drove up and had a blast...great hospitality. Got home and watched the reply only to see a bunch of Mids throw their pom-poms on our team after the win...Nasty!

j/p

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our LT emailed the detailer and told us the dates we got to choose from were June 6 or 20th and July 11. As far as I know he sent back our requests to the detailer. We were told to expect June 6th unless we had some reason for not going that early.

That for SNA or SNFO?

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
I wish we could hang out till January. Fortunately P'Cola is only 3 hours from Auburn and I already bought my alumni tickets, as long as I can go to the LSU and Tennessee games I'm good. The game this year was a thriller, we played terribly though. Nothing beats Auburn on gameday, glad you guys had a good time.

And about those freshman throwing their shakers...we had a "nice" chat about that as a battalion that week.

Those were for both SNA and SNFO

war eagle

i'm an snfo type and i've been told to expect a report date of 6 june unless i have a "reasonable" reason to delay...

Notso07

None
"Hanging out" past the summer is not all its cracked up to be. The summer up here in Annapolis was awesome, stash job was easy and finally got to make up for my lack of a "real college experience." After it started getting cold though, no more wake-boarding every afternoon, or sailing, or other ensigns to party with.... Also you find yourself wanting to get on with it. I had no choice due to medical reasons, but if I had I would have tried to go down in September.

edit: Though I guess if you were to be stashed in a real college town partying ould possibly continue past the summer.

war eagle

I was told last Thursday by our aviation LT that my detailer (don't know who else this applies to) is changing jobs so another one is taking over. He said that might delay when my orders actually get to my unit and then to me but it wouldn't change my report date. He said to expect orders in about a month because of this.

As I said in a post before, I was told to expect a report date of 6 June... I'm a MIDN and SNFO select if that matters.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmm, we were given 1JUN a couple days ago, no later June or July dates. He said if we had a really really good reason he could give us some time in October, but besides that we were going to be there 1JUN.

gotta_fly

pilot
Was that from your LT or from a detailer? My LT said the same thing I've heard from others on here about the SWO ship selection screwing everything up. I don't understand the problem here, since our orders should be entirely unrelated to theirs.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That was from our unit staff. I doubt that has anything to do with our orders though, since the two sub guys in my class already have their exact report dates and should be getting their actual orders any day now.

USF_Bull

Still haven't heard anything and apparently the detailer is ignore our LT's e-mails now... So I figured I'll try it again...

Anybody hear anything new for SNA report dates this summer? It's almost April...the wait has lost its comic touch.

whalepelt

Nothing new up here either. I'm starting to hope some the guys they sent on the sub tours bought in so they can get their bodies and stop holding up the process.