• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

war eagle

I know I'll probably get the whole "enjoy your time off" thing and trust me - I sure will after 5 years of an Aerospace degree. But just for fun... will having a valid FAA physical help get started into IFS a little quicker after we initially check in?

I read/heard somewhere a little while back that a backup in the system came when they started making everyone get that done on base at NAS, instead of from a certified doc in town.... any input?

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I just talked with my LT about reporting dates which just came out today.
LTs are basically given a spreadsheet with our names and information. We select the month that we want to go down, May thru Sept. There were no actual dates on the sheet, just a month.
There is also a notes section if there are any special circumstances, ie family weddings, or special occasions that would hinder your arrival in Pensacola.

I filled out my preferences today. But it will probably be another long wait until we actually get our dates and orders.

My unit did the same thing as DMace: no specific dates, just months.

whalepelt

I think I know one reason why nobody has dates yet.

I was informed today that I will probably have to go to a non-voluntary nuke interview. :icon_rage Apparently it's not a binding thing, and all I have to do is go and tell the 4-star why I don't want to go nuke. The idea does NOT give me the warm fuzzies though.

IrishEagle85

I think I know one reason why nobody has dates yet.

I was informed today that I will probably have to go to a non-voluntary nuke interview. :icon_rage Apparently it's not a binding thing, and all I have to do is go and tell the 4-star why I don't want to go nuke. The idea does NOT give me the warm fuzzies though.

Realizing they did fly a ton of SNA and NFO selects over to Hawaii a few weeks ago to try and convince them to go nukes. If my shitty calculus grades hadn't automatically disqualified me from nuclear school, I would've accepted the Hawaii offer and then be like "Nope, no subs for me, sorry"

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We were told in class today that we should have our exact dates sometime next week, with orders shortly thereafter.

whalepelt

Realizing they did fly a ton of SNA and NFO selects over to Hawaii a few weeks ago to try and convince them to go nukes. If my shitty calculus grades hadn't automatically disqualified me from nuclear school, I would've accepted the Hawaii offer and then be like "Nope, no subs for me, sorry"

I know about all that. They were going to send me, but my adviser rated my chances of switching to nuke as 0, so they didn't bother. Instead, it appears that I get a ticket to exotic and sunny Washington, DC.

As long as I can say to him that I don't want to go nuke and that ends the silliness it's not that big of a deal. Its just that with their increasing desperation, I'm not at all looking forward to being a fresh butterbar in front of a 4-star who wants me to do something I don't want to.

IrishEagle85

I was more thinking that who wouldn't want a free trip Hawaii, and then at the nuke interview, say "sorry, I'm not interested. I'm going to be a flyboy." (-;

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
I've got to go down to Washington too. I heard that 38 out of the 40 Mids from the Academy they sent down there "voluntarily" switched. The remaining two were "thanked" for their time and dismissed. I don't know what they're telling people down their but 38 out of 40 is impressive. To be honest the whole ordeal is pissing me off. :icon_rage First signing a non-voluntary nuke application, being sent to San Diego (which wasn't too bad actually, other than the sub stuff), having a phone call with a 2 star select about going nuke and finally this crap about having to commission as an 1170 and go to Washington for a non-voluntary nuke interview 10 days after I commission. So pretty much I'll commission without knowing where I 'm going, when I'm going or what I'm doing. I should've got a C in Physics and Calc to appear less appealing. How do you tell a 4-star 'NO!'.:icon_rage :censored_

whalepelt

38 of 40? Unless they got wads of $$$ thrown at them (...likely...) or literally ordered to sign, I don't know the nukes pulled that. At least I now know I'm not alone in this mess, but those numbers make me even more uncomfortable.

Are you headed down on May 22nd?