• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

adam28270

I just talked with my LT about reporting dates which just came out today.
LTs are basically given a spreadsheet with our names and information. We select the month that we want to go down, May thru Sept. There were no actual dates on the sheet, just a month.

Well apparently we don't just get different info, we get different sheets as well. We filled out the same spreadsheet last week, except it had specific dates in the drop down list under API convene date. It was that whole list I posted earlier.

DMace55

It seems like this process is very inconsistent between Units.

But non-the-less we will all be heading to Sunny Pensacola sooner or later... We will be getting paid to study and (eventually) fly, not too many of my friends can say that....

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yes, there is talk circulating (I don't know how much of it is "official") that new ENS's will be in a holding pattern at their commissioning sources pending a final thumbs up to report at NASP close to the time their names pop up for API class-up. So if this is true, it will be like being in A-pool while doing your stash job at your old school......or so the rumor mill says

UMichfly

pilot
None
Yes, there is talk circulating (I don't know how much of it is "official") that new ENS's will be in a holding pattern at their commissioning sources pending a final thumbs up to report at NASP close to the time their names pop up for API class-up. So if this is true, it will be like being in A-pool while doing your stash job at your old school......or so the rumor mill says

This is the gouge we heard straight from the CO at NASC when we graduated API a few weeks ago.

gotta_fly

pilot
Can anyone speculate on how seriously they take the 'special considerations' column? My fiance (soon to be wife) will start teaching elementary school in Pcola in late August, and it would be a bummer if I were still stashed sharpening pencils at Holy Cross :icon_wink.

WRT the dates and rumors that have been circulating, my buddy and I have been rotating weeks asking the LT if he has info, and as of Friday it was still a 'no', so you guys that are hearing speculation are lucky!

Sinatra

ALOHA LAMPS
Is there anybody else out there that is in NROTC that hasn't heard squat? I was told that I haven't heard anything because of the Nuke debacle, OC, sea returnee Nuke, ME degree... etc but that should be over soon..... Also, many of you seem to have already heard that you were "selected" and then asked to consider the Nuke path, I for one haven't heard a thing.

For the "saltier" readers out there, would you say that no news is good news or no? I mean in regards to when you are actually told that you've been selected and also in regards to report dates once you do find out.

adam28270

Is there anybody else out there that is in NROTC that hasn't heard squat? I was told that I haven't heard anything because of the Nuke debacle, OC, sea returnee Nuke, ME degree... etc but that should be over soon..... Also, many of you seem to have already heard that you were "selected" and then asked to consider the Nuke path, I for one haven't heard a thing.

For the "saltier" readers out there, would you say that no news is good news or no? I mean in regards to when you are actually told that you've been selected and also in regards to report dates once you do find out.

You haven't heard anything, or no one knows anything? I would be more proactive than reactive at this point, especially a few weeks out from graduation. The ones selected at our unit weren't asked to consider anything because we already had our selections. However, 4 had their service selections withheld, and offered nuc, 3 of which bought into it. Like someone said earlier, the waiting has lost that comical feeling. I would be asking questions if I were you. With ship selection on April 14th, hopefully the nuc BS will be over, and you'll have your answer. HOPEFULLY.

Sinatra

ALOHA LAMPS
Oh I've been about as proactive as I can be.... The only thing I haven't done (and wouldn't) is to call around for answers myself.

I was originally told that my selection was being withheld because of the Nuke thing. But since then (it has been about 2 months), I haven't heard anything other than I "may" find out around the time the SWO list comes out..... today? this week? IDK?

Our 2 SWO hopefuls are in the same boat. They're waiting for the SWO list to come out just to make sure they're on it!

adam28270

That's rough man. This year is really a big cluster f*@#. Atleast you weren't forced to go to the interview like some other OCs. So maybe thats a positive sign. If ship selection is on the 14th, you shouldn't have too much longer to wait then.

lov2playlax22

Hey Guys just a heads up, I got my report date the day I graduated. I graduated May 12th and was due in pensacola (from colorado) on June 1st. Of course my actual orders didn't arrive until a week or two later. So be patient, but be ready to move. It can jump up and get you. Also unless API has changed significantly, you will have some stash time when you get there to get settled in. Also, if you dont know the BOQ there is pretty full. They probably will not let you stay the whole 6weeks plus wait plus IFS time. Talk to PSD. You are probably getting TAD orders (which sucks because you only get a 600lb moving allowance) so technically you cant sign a lease. You can stay in a hotel, that the navy pays for (again verify all of this with PSD). The last lease thought--there is talk of Whiting making all unmarried JO's live in the BOQ. So now if you have a lease and go to whiting and couldnt get out of your lease (b/c whiting and NAS PCOLA are close) you are stuck in a bad situation. I know this is all worst case info, but just be aware that things dont always work out very easily. This is just my experience but I know short notice often occurs. Hope this helps.

Hey Sing,

Thanks for the info. Just curious, but how long did it take after you graduated until you started getting paid/got your first pay check?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
We just got the "pick your date" information withdrawn and its now "pick the month you would like to detach".

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
We just received the same email here at Auburn where its pick the month not the date. It seems to me that keeping us at the schools until there is room at IFS/API isn't a terrible thing I just would prefer not to be the guinea pigs for this.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The pick your month thing is old. That how they've been doing things at USNA for a while now. Depending on your situation, there are merits to doing your down time at your school/hometown and merits to doing your down time at NPA.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Everyone needs to chill out and stop speculating/worrying about these dates.

Chill out and have a beer or two.

As DMace said, we are all getting down there eventually.

I know I have bigger and better things to worry about right now... like finding out when the next time the Midn Pub is open and passing my licensing tests in order to graduate.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Having BTDT, H2Oman is right on the money.

You'll get down to P-Cola. When you get there, whatever your orders say is likely to go out to lunch. You'll start when they're good and ready for you to start.

In the mean time, enjoy your last couple months/weeks as college students. Eat, drink and be merry. Continue to do so when you get to P-Cola. Enjoy any time the Navy gives you off, cuz Uncle Sam sure as hell will get his money's worth out of you down the road.